Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cushenberry(sp?) In the Third?
(04-02-2020, 10:32 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I think he might beat Trey out at Center. That way, Hopkins could slide over to Guard. Which is what he played in college at Texas...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I really doubt it. Center has to set the line and call the defenses. Trey has become a good NFL center. It would take a lot to unseat him at that position. I suspect they would put Cush at Guard ifor a year or so f they took him...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really doubt it. Center has to set the line and call the defenses. Trey has become a good NFL center. It would take a lot to unseat him at that position. I suspect they would put Cush at Guard ifor a year or so f they took him...

WhoDey2 I'm in the minority, so I'll have to concede. If leaving Hopkins at Center gives them the best Oline, then so be it... ThumbsUp  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan.. I'm hoping we get logan Stenberg
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What's the logic behind this?
I assume it's because Jefferson will primarily be relegated to slot, and that's where Boyd does his best work?

Yea I just don’t like him as a number 1. I watch his tape and even his highlights and I’m just left with an ehh he’s good not great kinda feeling about him. I really want Mims.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 02:33 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea I just don’t like him as a number 1.  I watch his tape and even his highlights and I’m just left with an ehh he’s  good not great kinda feeling about him.  I really want Mims.

Depends on your definition of WR1 I guess.
In today's NFL, the best receiver on the team can be a slot receiver.
And Jefferson projects to be an elite slot receiver.

I can understand the appeal of Mims, but I don't see him as pro-ready as someone like Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, or Higgins.
Luckily for the Bengals, they have their starters at WR already that they can give a high WR draft pick a year (or two) to further develop before being forced into a starting role.

NFL.com actually has Mims ranked as their 11th WR. That seems a little low to me, but I definitely don't have him higher than 7th.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would think Burrow would be one of the better scouts of all, concerning the lineman he played with. I'd certainly tap into some of his first hand knowledge. Maybe not a final determination, but it wouldn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
The advantage of drafting first in every round is that we get first shot everyone who dropped out of their "projected" round. We're less than 3 weeks from finding out. If Cush isn't there in 3, Damien Lewis will be.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 This^^^^^^^^ Garfield Garfield Garfield  

If they want to give Burrow a familiar target, I'd prefer TE Moss in the 4-5 range...

I think Thaddeus Moss could go alot higher than people expect. Don't be surprised if he comes off the board at the bottom of the second or top of the third.

You always see the big fast H-Backs projected higher because of stats and the media loves them, but its the in-line TE-Y with receiving ability that jump up draft boards because that do it all TE is harder to find.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I think Thaddeus Moss could go alot higher than people expect. Don't be surprised if he comes off the board at the bottom of the second or top of the third.

You always see the big fast H-Backs projected higher because of stats and the media loves them, but its the in-line TE-Y with receiving ability that jump up draft boards because that do it all TE is harder to find.

WhoDey2 If that's true, then that's too high a round for that pick. Cole Kmet from Notre Dame in the 4th?? 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 03:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I think Thaddeus Moss could go alot higher than people expect. Don't be surprised if he comes off the board at the bottom of the second or top of the third.

Moss will not go in the bottom of the 2nd round b/c he just had foot surgery and no one can get the medical on him for a re-check in person.
They'll have to rely on his doctors and team for the info.
He will be available at the top of the 4th round. Even though I expect the Bengals to drop down for an extra pick there, I still think he could be there for them wherever they drop down to.
He was best friends on the team with Burrow and I hope the Bengals draft him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Moss will not go in the bottom of the 2nd round b/c he just had foot surgery and no one can get the medical on him for a re-check in person.
He will be available at the top of the 4th round. Even though I expect the Bengals to drop down for an extra pick there, I still think he could be there for them wherever they drop down to.

Plus, wouldn't it be kinda cool having his daddy be a Bengals fan?  That would give us one out of what seems like thousands at ESPN.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 03:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Moss will not go in the bottom of the 2nd round b/c he just had foot surgery and no one can get the medical on him for a re-check in person.

Yeah I thought Thadeus was coming off surgery. 4th round sounds about right.

(04-04-2020, 04:12 PM)McC Wrote: Plus, wouldn't it be kinda cool having his daddy be a Bengals fan?  That would give us one out of what seems like thousands at ESPN.

It would. Many reasons to draft Moss, his bloodline among them. Just don't expect him to light it up as a rookie coming off
of foot surgery. That's alright most rookies don't light it up as we saw with Sample but it would be nice to have Moss in the 
fold for the future.
Reply/Quote
I’d definitely be down to take Moss. Our TE group is uninspiring to say the least.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d definitely be down to take Moss. Our TE group is uninspiring to say the least.

He has ties to the area as well. Not sure if many know that his sister played basketball at Thomas More. She won player of the year and couple national championships. I'm pretty sure she still lives in the area.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 3rd, Cushenberry C/G, LSU

If the Bengals don't get the WR out of LSU, why not get Burrows Center?

Because our starting center is experienced and getting better that would be why not
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 3rd, Cushenberry C/G, LSU

If the Bengals don't get the WR out of LSU, why not get Burrows Center?

Not if Lucas Niang is still on the board. 
Reply/Quote
I've been a huge fan of Moss in the 4th for a while. Anything to keep Burrow comfortable.

Not to mention, he would instantly upgrade the TE room as soon as he's healthy...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote