Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Shopping Tyron Smith
I would absolutely give up Pick 33 for Tyron Smith.
That cap hit is low compared to typical LT rate.
Hell, I'd throw in a 2nd or 3rd next year to make this happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: How so?

https://twitter.com/ProFootball411/status/1240487013922603009?s=20

nice try bro. thats from the 18th on slay.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:32 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ProFootball411/status/1240487013922603009?s=20

nice try bro.  thats from the 18th on slay.

they were talking about slay wanting out of Detroit for well over a month?  people are super obsessed with proving profootball411 is soucing from other people.  like it matters.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: they were talking about slay wanting out of Detroit for well over a month?  people are super obsessed with proving profootball411 is soucing from other people.  like it matters.

I honestly dont care and im not saying it makes them credible.  I was just saying they broke it the night of the 18th and nobody starting reporting it until the next day really.  I just said it because it seems like they were the first ones to have the info for real in that case.  So they gotta have somebody plugging them.

EDIT it looks like josina anderson tweeted it as well 2 min earlier. Either way i dont see it making them any less credible.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:56 PM)Okeana Wrote: what are you talking about next year he has 2 mil left of dead cap and no more on the last two years

Your paying a guy 13 million next year who hasn’t played more than 13 games in four years. Last year he played 13 but probably shouldn’t have been in there for another 2. It’s a bad contract because you have to pay a guy 13 million that you know isn’t playing more than 13 games, and most likely it’ll be less.

The cowboys aren’t getting rid of him because he is worth his contract. They don’t need the money for Dak they are moving him because he’s at the end of his career (because of injuries not age), often hurt, and this class is a great place to get his replacement.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your paying a guy 13 million next year who hasn’t played more than 13 games in four years. Last year he played 13 but probably shouldn’t have been in there for another 2. It’s a bad contract because you have to pay a guy 13 million that you know isn’t playing more than 13 games, and most likely it’ll be less.

The cowboys aren’t getting rid of him because he is worth his contract. They don’t need the money for Dak they are moving him because he’s at the end of his career, often hurt, and this class is a great place to get his replacement.

That's, not the point.  you said bad contract.  That is cheap for a pro bowl tackle in the NFL and if he declines you can always dump the contract without dead cap.  There is nothing " Bad " about that contract.  Now if you don't want to give up a 2nd round pick for the guy then that's understandable.  

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: That's, not the point.  you said bad contract.  That is cheap for a pro bowl tackle in the NFL and if he declines you can always dump the contract without dead cap.  There is nothing " Bad " about that contract.  Now if you don't want to give up a 2nd round pick for the guy then that's understandable.  

That is a bad contract 13 million for a guy your hoping plays half the season at worst but at best is 13 games. You literally could pay Jason Peters 9 or 10 for similar production and similar risk, plus give up nothing draft wise.

As for the compensation I wouldn’t even give a day 2 pick for a guy more likely to retire than play a whole season.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your paying a guy 13 million next year who hasn’t played more than 13 games in four years. Last year he played 13 but probably shouldn’t have been in there for another 2. It’s a bad contract because you have to pay a guy 13 million that you know isn’t playing more than 13 games, and most likely it’ll be less.

The cowboys aren’t getting rid of him because he is worth his contract. They don’t need the money for Dak they are moving him because he’s at the end of his career (because of injuries not age), often hurt, and this class is a great place to get his replacement.

here look at him compared to his peer's contract wise.

[Image: EUEQ7UcX0Ac1TNU?format=png&name=medium]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:48 PM)Okeana Wrote: here look at him compared to his peer's contract wise.

[Image: EUEQ7UcX0Ac1TNU?format=png&name=medium]

If he was healthy it would be fine but he’s not, he never is. I’m not paying a broken down player 13 million a year. Like I said I can pay Jason Peters less and get as good of play from him in the short term.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: If he was healthy it would be fine but he’s not, he never is. I’m not paying a broken down player 13 million a year. Like I said I can pay Jason Peters less and get as good of play from him in the short term.

dude he played 13 games last season.  give me a break.  

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/jason-peters-player-injuries  Peters missed 3 games

Do you really think the 38-year-old end of his career peters is going to opt to come to the worst team in the NFL?  good luck with that lmao.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: dude he played 13 games last season.  give me a break.  

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/jason-peters-player-injuries  Peters missed 3 games

Do you really think the 38-year-old end of his career peters is going to opt to come to the worst team in the NFL?  good luck with that lmao.

He has missed 3 games every year for four years. He only played 78% of their snaps last year as he was in and out of other games he didn’t miss completely.

Why would anyone come here, the answer is money. Musical chairs are ending soon and with such a good tackle class he may not have many suitors.
Reply/Quote
I’ll just say this, teams don’t ditch elite left tackles on teams ready to win now. The Cowboys website even talks about them looking at the future beyond Smiths contract, he’s about to turn 30, which means they know his body is shot. He has had back, knee, and elbow problems the last four years. In my opinion, paying him anything close to 13 a year would be a bad deal because he isn’t going to get more durable but most likely less.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Keep Tyron on left and put Jonah at RT or OG.

Sounds great to me, more than great.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is a bad contract 13 million for a guy your hoping plays half the season at worst but at best is 13 games. You literally could pay Jason Peters 9 or 10 for similar production and similar risk, plus give up nothing draft wise.

As for the compensation I wouldn’t even give a day 2 pick for a guy more likely to retire than play a whole season.

Jason peters is not gonna give you comparable play.  Tyron is a better tackle.  Hes getting paid like what we just paid cordy glenn.  10 or 11 mil cap hits for 2 years before it goes around 13 for  2 years.  If healthy hes a bargain.  The contract not carrying any dead weight is another favorable aspect if for whetever reason we would want to move on. I havent heard anything about him retiring.  Hes 29 so hes got plenty of good years left but just like you I have no idea if he has ever contemplated retirement.

Jason peters has had his own share of injuries so I probably wouldent use him as an example.  Im not sure why you would plan for tyron to miss 3 games because thats what he missed last couple of seasons.  Who is to say he wouldent be healthy all year long?  Its something nobody knows.  In the nfl you try to acquire as much talent as possible and hope they stay healthy.  In the nfl injuries will always be a risk for every player.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:59 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Jason peters is not gonna give you comparable play.  Tyron is a better tackle.  Hes getting paid like what we just paid cordy glenn.  10 or 11 mil cap hits for 2 years before it goes around 13 for  2 years.  If healthy hes a bargain.  The contract not carrying any dead weight is another favorable aspect if for whetever reason we would want to move on. I havent heard anything about him retiring.  Hes 29 so hes got plenty of good years left but just like you I have no idea if he has ever contemplated retirement.

Jason peters has had his own share of injuries so I probably wouldent use him as an example.  Im not sure why you would plan for tyron to miss 3 games because thats what he missed last couple of seasons.  Who is to say he wouldent be healthy all year long?  Its something nobody knows.  In the nfl you try to acquire as much talent as possible and hope they stay healthy.  In the nfl injuries will always be a risk for every player.

Jason Peters graded better than Tyron Smith last year overall so I can assume similar play. Assuming “plenty of good years left” is not realistic in the age of early retirements, his teammate Travis Frederick just retired at the same age. It’s not a “couple” years he’s been injured it’s the past 4 without failure he’s missed 3 games. That is a man who’s body is breaking down. As to Peters injury history, correct but you can pay him less and give up no assets.

Again, someone explain to me why we should be in a rush to trade for him and also explain why it makes sense for the Cowboys to trade him? They do not need the cap now, not unless they pay Dak 45 a year. So why give up an elite tackle on such a “great” deal? It’s pretty obvious they have serious concerns about his health.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jason Peters graded better than Tyron Smith last year overall so I can assume similar play. Assuming “plenty of good years left” is not realistic in the age of early retirements, his teammate Travis Frederick just retired at the same age. It’s not a “couple” years he’s been injured it’s the past 4 without failure he’s missed 3 games. That is a man who’s body is breaking down.  As to Peters injury history, correct but you can pay him less and give up no assets.

Again, someone explain to me why we should be in a rush to trade for him and also explain why it makes sense for the Cowboys to trade him? They do not need the cap now, not unless they pay Dak 45 a year. So why give up an elite tackle on such a “great” deal? It’s pretty obvious they have serious concerns about his health.

Sounds like he comes with a Buyer Beware warning.  Plus, as you said, you have to give up assets to get him.  Be interesting to see, if they are actually shopping him, who jumps in and what they give up for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I believe the Bengals will cap off this great offseason with adding a O-lineman , a tackle like Trent William's or Tyron Smith... God, would that cap off a great FA offseason!. I really think it will happen...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:24 PM)Tony Wrote: I believe the Bengals will  cap off this great offseason with adding a O-lineman , a tackle like Trent William's or Tyron Smith... God, would that cap off a great FA offseason!. I really think it will happen...

Count me in the Peters camp.  You could hopefully get a year out of him without giving up any draft picks and give big Fred another year to develop or give you another year to shop for a more permanent RT in FA or the draft.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jason Peters graded better than Tyron Smith last year overall so I can assume similar play. Assuming “plenty of good years left” is not realistic in the age of early retirements, his teammate Travis Frederick just retired at the same age. It’s not a “couple” years he’s been injured it’s the past 4 without failure he’s missed 3 games. That is a man who’s body is breaking down.  As to Peters injury history, correct but you can pay him less and give up no assets.

Lol who did the grading? You? Pff?  i have never understood that argument yet people love to use it for some reason.  Ive seen pff completely whiff on people year after year.  It is not a fact based argument and has essentially no merit. Fredtoast posts all kinds of ratings and analytics that say bobby hart and nick vigil are super awesome.

I dunno how "he has plenty good years left" confused you so bad.  He does have plenty of good years left.  Plenty of guys retire early.  Plenty of guys play until they have zero gas in the tank.  You have no idea which one tyron smith is but because its a possibility you assume it as if it were fact.  Unbelieveable.  

Why should we snuggle up in jerry jones mind.  Their cap situation being bad is real.  Could potentially worry he might get injured? Sure they could.  Maybe jerry wants to extend others on new deals and would like another high pick in draft.  I dont know and neither do you.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:27 PM)McC Wrote: Count me in the Peters camp.  You could hopefully get a year out of him without giving up any draft picks and give big Fred another year to develop or give you another year to shop for a more permanent RT in FA or the draft.

Yeah, I think this would be better for all and Peters would be cheaper and could tutor up FJ who is a similar sized OT.

Something is going on with Tyron, don't know what and he will be a bit spendy however we would have to get him here.

That is, if Peters has been taking care of himself similar to how Whit does... 38 is pretty dang old man for an NFL player.
Reply/Quote