Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Shopping Tyron Smith
(03-26-2020, 08:27 PM)McC Wrote: Count me in the Peters camp.  You could hopefully get a year out of him without giving up any draft picks and give big Fred another year to develop or give you another year to shop for a more permanent RT in FA or the draft.

That is an excellent point. We don't need "the future" at every position. Get a good year or two out of a Williams or Tyron and use the time to find and develop "the future." We need to keep our generation's Gregg Cook out of the training room. Not sure I want a rookie learning on the job with Burrow.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I would pass. I would rather keep the #33 pick or trade back to gain a 3/4 rd pick. There are too many good players in the first 4 rounds of this draft this year, if we draft well we could really take a step forward to a solid future. I really like the skill players on offense in this year's draft, imagine this scenario:

1) Burrow

2) (42) Chase Claypool-WR ND from JAX

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT Georgia

3) (74) Troy Dye-LB Oregon from JAX

4) Thaddeus Moss-TE LSU

--that's a lot of talent for the offense!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:41 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would pass. I would rather keep the #33 pick or trade back to gain a 3/4 rd pick. There are too many good players in the first 4 rounds of this draft this year, if we draft well we could really take a step forward to a solid future. I really like the skill players on offense in this year's draft, imagine this scenario:

1) Burrow

4) Thaddeus Moss-TE LSU

Nice, I might take Jordyn Brooks over Dye but I still would love this.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, I might take Jordyn Brooks over Dye but I still would love this.

Not interested in any more LBs with no instincts.
Reply/Quote
Jordyn Brooks would be a great get in the 3rd or 4th round. I went to Texas Tech and have watched him now for years. Physical, smart, great tackler.
Reply/Quote
Tyron Smith has back issues. Big dudes getting older playing in the nfl don’t usually get more healthy as they age. Maybe it’s a cap issue, maybe they see the writing on the wall.

Will Williams and Peters available it’s a buyer’s market. Just the qbs were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:01 AM)Mobster Wrote: Not interested in any more LBs with no instincts.

Who you talkin' about Brooks or Dye? Must be Dye.

(03-27-2020, 12:17 PM)ZWP Wrote: Jordyn Brooks would be a great get in the 3rd or 4th round. I went to Texas Tech and have watched him now for years. Physical, smart, great tackler.

Yeah that is who I like myself, physical down hill tackler and like you said he is smart.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:41 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would pass. I would rather keep the #33 pick or trade back to gain a 3/4 rd pick. There are too many good players in the first 4 rounds of this draft this year, if we draft well we could really take a step forward to a solid future. I really like the skill players on offense in this year's draft, imagine this scenario:

1) Burrow

4) Thaddeus Moss-TE LSU

I love love love if that could happen even with those exact players Schroomy!!!

Great hypothetical post man.
Reply/Quote
I would not wanna move the #33 unless it is going UP to get someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:02 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I would not wanna move the #33 unless it is going UP to get someone.

Why not with such a deep draft? Do you feel the #33 pick would be any better than the #43 pick? You wouldn't want to attain another 3rd round pick with such a talented draft? I think that would be huge. Then, you could get a LB and an OG in the 3rd as an example.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:11 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Why not with such a deep draft? Do you feel the #33 pick would be any better than the #43 pick? You wouldn't want to attain another 3rd round pick with such a talented draft? I think that would be huge. Then, you could get a LB and an OG in the 3rd as an example.

I think a trade down is really dependent on what's available at #33. If it's a good unexpected player take him, if it's someone on your big board that's worth #33 take him. If everyone above you hit on the guys you were looking at and you don't see the value at #33 for who you're looking at trade down.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:11 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Why not with such a deep draft? Do you feel the #33 pick would be any better than the #43 pick? You wouldn't want to attain another 3rd round pick with such a talented draft? I think that would be huge. Then, you could get a LB and an OG in the 3rd as an example.

(03-28-2020, 02:20 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think a trade down is really dependent on what's available at #33. If it's a good unexpected player take him, if it's someone on your big board that's worth #33 take him. If everyone above you hit on the guys you were looking at and you don't see the value at #33 for who you're looking at trade down.

Yeah, definitely depends on who falls, but trading back is a good move if someone like Baun, Murray, Epenesa, Josh Jones
or Queen don't make it out of the first round.
Reply/Quote
So we now know this account was fraudulent, so this can be put to rest Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:44 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I think we could make a deal for 33# pick.  He still has 4 years left on his deal at about 13 mil per season only 10 mil cap hit next 2 years and 13 mil last 2 years.  Making this move now would make this rebuild just about complete.  Only needing another LB or 2 to have a pretty strong roster across the board.  What do you guys think?

As "Hart-less"  LMAO as this might sound, this is a no-brainer.  You could release Hart and apply his contract (which was structured to get out of easily) to this money and it is an absolute steal.  Hell, I would throw in Price for good measure.  

This is about the only guy I would say should start at LT over Williams and have Williams go to RT.  Or maybe LG???  Then you put Johnson at RT?  Damn, the possibilities are intriguing.  

And if this is remotely true, Dallas doesn't want him going to a NFC team or someone like New England.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your paying a guy 13 million next year who hasn’t played more than 13 games in four years. Last year he played 13 but probably shouldn’t have been in there for another 2. It’s a bad contract because you have to pay a guy 13 million that you know isn’t playing more than 13 games, and most likely it’ll be less.

The cowboys aren’t getting rid of him because he is worth his contract. They don’t need the money for Dak they are moving him because he’s at the end of his career (because of injuries not age), often hurt, and this class is a great place to get his replacement.

I don't know.  His contract is very reasonable but they have made a lot of decisions that buried them financially.  Something had to give.  The guy has given up 6 sacks in the past 4 years, with just ONE in the last two years.  And Dak isn't exactly a guy that gets the ball out quickly.  He played in 13 games each of the past four years, and had not missed a game before then.

Maybe I do move him to RT.  I think he would be outstanding here.  He is a professional that Cordy Glenn never dreamed of being.  He loves football.  Read about him.  He could be a great leader on our line.

Whether this is true (the rumor) or not.  Sticking with Hart over him for an incremental cost of roughly 4 million per year the first two years and 6 million the third year would be incredibly stupid considering the perennial pro bowl talent of Smith.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: dude he played 13 games last season.  give me a break.  

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/jason-peters-player-injuries  Peters missed 3 games

Do you really think the 38-year-old end of his career peters is going to opt to come to the worst team in the NFL?  good luck with that lmao.

And Smith is just 29?  This is a no brainer if a real option.  A proven Pro Bowl tackle for a 2nd round pick?  And his contract increase over Hart is roughly $4.5 million over the first two years, $6 million over the third year, and would be $12 million total in year 4 as Hart's contract would be up and he would command at least as much as he did before if he had earned the position. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has missed 3 games every year for four years. He only played 78% of their snaps last year as he was in and out of other games he didn’t miss completely.

Why would anyone come here, the answer is money. Musical chairs are ending soon and with such a good tackle class he may not have many suitors.

Shame on you...for using the old narrative.  Yes, this team won 2 friggin games last year, but they have a young superstar coming in at QB, that just put together the most prolific single season in NCAA history...oh, and he did it in the SEC.  They also have AJ Green coming back, and an ascending talent in Joe Mixon.  That trio right there, is exciting.  The defense has been massively overhauled.  This team is poised to be VERY competitive.  

No, they aren't "America's team", and they probably have the smallest fan base in the country after Jacksonville, but he might want to finish his career somewhere other than Dallas and if he looks around, this team may have as good a chance as any to be a solid contender for years to come.

As far as "such a good rookie class of OT" leaving him without a suitor goes, I have trouble believing that a perennial Pro Bowl talent like Smith would have trouble finding a suitor.  The rookies are a 50/50 proposition at best.  Sure, they have the advantage of less money in the beginning due to the rookie wage scale, but they have a lot more risk, IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Shame on you...for using the old narrative.  Yes, this team won 2 friggin games last year, but they have a young superstar coming in at QB, that just put together the most prolific single season in NCAA history...oh, and he did it in the SEC.  They also have AJ Green coming back, and an ascending talent in Joe Mixon.  That trio right there, is exciting.  The defense has been massively overhauled.  This team is poised to be VERY competitive.  

No, they aren't "America's team", and they probably have the smallest fan base in the country after Jacksonville, but he might want to finish his career somewhere other than Dallas and if he looks around, this team may have as good a chance as any to be a solid contender for years to come.

As far as "such a good rookie class of OT" leaving him without a suitor goes, I have trouble believing that a perennial Pro Bowl talent like Smith would have trouble finding a suitor.  The rookies are a 50/50 proposition at best.  Sure, they have the advantage of less money in the beginning due to the rookie wage scale, but they have a lot more risk, IMHO.

Huh? This bolded was about Jason Peters It wasn't a narrative, it was in context of him saying why an older OT who probably almost done would come here in in free agency versus other contenders. The answer is the same for anyone, money, because they guys don't play for free. A lot of the contenders don't have any cap left and we still can make some.

Yes, this really good tackle class is leaving him without suitors.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Huh? This bolded was about Jason Peters It wasn't a narrative, it was in context of him saying why an older OT who probably almost done would come here in in free agency versus other contenders. The answer is the same for anyone, money, because they guys don't play for free. A lot of the contenders don't have any cap left and we still can make some.

Yes, this really good tackle class is leaving him without suitors.

My apologies, Goldie...I took it as the narrative of putting down Cincy.  I still disagree about a lack of suitors.  Hell, Whit and other tackles are playing really long successful careers and this guy is better than all of them.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 08:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I think this would be better for all and Peters would be cheaper and could tutor up FJ who is a similar sized OT.

Something is going on with Tyron, don't know what and he will be a bit spendy however we would have to get him here.

That is, if Peters has been taking care of himself similar to how Whit does... 38 is pretty dang old man for an NFL player.

38 vs 29 (Smith) and we are arguing that Smith can't stay healthy?  Who would think the chances are better that Peters stays healthy.  He is truly looking at the clubhouse and just wants another payday.  Smith has had limited post season action and could be very instrumental in pushing Cincy toward a championship.  

I hope they get him.  Damn, offer the 3rd round pick if not the 2nd.  Just make it happen.  Again, if it does happen, I can't help but think Dalton is saying "gee, thanks guys".  Didn't do much for him when he was here....
Reply/Quote