Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys Shopping Tyron Smith
I think we could make a deal for 33# pick. He still has 4 years left on his deal at about 13 mil per season only 10 mil cap hit next 2 years and 13 mil last 2 years. Making this move now would make this rebuild just about complete. Only needing another LB or 2 to have a pretty strong roster across the board. What do you guys think?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:44 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I think we could make a deal for 33# pick.  He still has 4 years left on his deal at about 13 mil per season only 10 mil cap hit next 2 years and 13 mil last 2 years.  Making this move now would make this rebuild just about complete.  Only needing another LB or 2 to have a pretty strong roster across the board.  What do you guys think?

Can he play on the right side of the Line? I have only seen him at LT, great player though.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can he play on the right side of the Line? I have only seen him at LT, great player though.

I dont see why not.  But i play him at LT and have jonah man the RT.  We can release Dalton, Dre K and bobby hart if we need to.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:47 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I dont see why not.  But i play him at LT and have jonah man the RT.  We can release Dalton, Dre K and bobby hart if we need to.

At least Jonah can play on the right side, would hope he is okay with it.

Sure would make our Tackle situation ideal and we can Draft Guard in this deep class, all for this of course.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure he started his NFL career at RT, tbs, that’s a lot of money.

With this and the rumors the Bengals are kicking the tires on Trent Williams and Jadon Peters, could be Hart gets released if they make one of these moves. Be still my beating heart.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pretty sure he started his NFL career at RT, tbs, that’s a lot of money.

Good to know, yep thats a lot of dough but who knows with this FA...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: At least Jonah can play on the right side, would hope he is okay with it.

Sure would make our Tackle situation ideal and we can Draft Guard in this deep class, all for this of course.

Smith has proved himself at LT in the NFL, while Jonah hasn’t. I’d keep Smith at LT. Let Jonah play RT which he did at Alabama. Jonah could take over LT later the same way Whitworth eventually did after spending time as a LG initially.
Reply/Quote
Where are you seeing this?
Reply/Quote
Is he a known troublemaker in the locker or something? Why are they wanting to move a good contract?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:44 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I think we could make a deal for 33# pick.  He still has 4 years left on his deal at about 13 mil per season only 10 mil cap hit next 2 years and 13 mil last 2 years.  Making this move now would make this rebuild just about complete.  Only needing another LB or 2 to have a pretty strong roster across the board.  What do you guys think?

Do you have a credible source/link?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dalton & Dre K. for Smith. Cowboys get a backup for Dak and help at CB.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
He's got some trends heading the wrong way. His snap counts the last 4 years are under 80 percent, His 1st six years, he had 15 holding calls. More recently, his last 3 years, he's had 17.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:23 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Is he a known troublemaker in the locker or something? Why are they wanting to move a good contract?

(03-26-2020, 05:31 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Dalton & Dre K. for Smith. Cowboys get a backup for Dak and help at CB.

The cowboys are in cap hell. They need to move somebody to extend Dak. Huge contracts the last couple of years to Zeke, Lawrence, Cooper, Martin and $11 mill in dead money to Frederick who just retired.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Where are you seeing this?

(03-26-2020, 05:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you have a credible source/link?

profootball411 twitter account.  They have been all over pretty much everything.  Been following since FA started and they have been as legit as anything I have seen.

They reported the slay trade to eagles way before anybody else.

They also just said Jags are no longer signing Dennard. Reported it like 30 min ago before i started to see others chime in on it.
Reply/Quote
His body is breaking down, that is looking like a bad contract now. I’ll pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The cowboys are in cap hell. They need to move somebody to extend Dak. Huge contracts the last couple of years to Zeke, Lawrence, Cooper, Martin and $11 mill in dead money to Frederick who just retired.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. Even with raising the Cap?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Smith has proved himself at LT in the NFL, while Jonah hasn’t. I’d keep Smith at LT. Let Jonah play RT which he did at Alabama. Jonah could take over LT later the same way Whitworth eventually did after spending time as a LG initially.

Smith is a pro bowl tackle regardless of position. Jonah Williams played primarily as a left tackle in college and was the only tackle to hold up 1 on 1 vs Myles Garrett.  Tyron is on a pretty sweetheart deal considering the level of player he is.  So why would Dallas be wanting to move on from him now?  

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tyron-smith-player-injuries

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: His body is breaking down, that is looking like a bad contract now. I’ll pass.

what are you talking about next year he has 2 mil left of dead cap and no more on the last two years

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can he play on the right side of the Line? I have only seen him at LT, great player though.

Keep Tyron on left and put Jonah at RT or OG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:38 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: profootball411 twitter account.  They have been all over pretty much everything.  Been following since FA started and they have been as legit as anything I have seen.

They reported the slay trade to eagles way before anybody else.

They also just said Jags are no longer signing Dennard.  Reported it like 30 min ago before i started to see others chime in on it.

How so?

As for Dennard...

Reply/Quote