Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys fire Paul Alexander
(10-29-2018, 05:10 PM)pally Wrote: I've never doubted that he produced some great lines.  My complaint is that he failed to adjust to a changing NFL, he failed to adjust to the skills of the players he was working with, and apparently, he failed to play well with other coaches.

That is an excellent summation of PA’s time here
Reply/Quote
Wow

Ha-larious LOL LOL LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 05:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This actually makes me nervous. As a good friend of Mike Brown, I worry he could be hired as an advisor or OLine scout or some other position so that he doesn't stay unemployed.

I get the feeling that would make Marvin quit on the spot. Something tells me letting Paul walk was a huge reason why Marv came back last January 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: Took them 9 weeks....took the Bengals 20+ years

[Image: elaine-chugging.gif]

Cry Cry

(10-29-2018, 05:17 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This actually makes me nervous. As a good friend of Mike Brown, I worry he could be hired as an advisor or OLine scout or some other position so that he doesn't stay unemployed.

You shut your mouth. Don't be bringing that bad mojo in here!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Get your ketchup bottles ready

Popcorn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sell the piano so PA cant come back
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Could always give piano lessons

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

His swan song struck a sour note, as he was playing to the wrong audience.  Dallas has always been a power OL kind of team.  Historically, they've always tried to carry the largest, most physical group they could assemble.  Paul's finesse game of "catch and release" just didn't play well to the Texas crowd.   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Probably got tired of his catalogue of fart jokes and stanky breath.

He's a slob whose ego has surpassed his abilities to ride someone's coattails.

F that guy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Could always give piano lessons

If he teaches piano like he does line play, he could turn Jerry Lee Lewis into Liberace in a week. Mellow

(10-29-2018, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His swan song struck a sour note, as he was playing to the wrong audience.  Dallas has always been a power OL kind of team.  Historically, they've always tried to carry the largest, most physical group they could assemble.  Paul's finesse game of "catch and release" just didn't play well to the Texas crowd.   LOL

Yeah....Dallas' decision proves that maybe some of us fans aren't as dumb as some say we are. How sad is it that it took a quarter of a friggin century for the Bengals to shitcan this bum? Took Jerrah 8 games!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 07:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: If he teaches piano like he does line play, he could turn Jerry Lee Lewis into Liberace in a week. Mellow

Yeah....Dallas' decision proves that maybe some of us fans aren't as dumb as some say we are. How sad is it that it took a quarter of a friggin century for the Bengals to shitcan this bum? Took Jerrah 8 games!

Absolutely.  The owner might be sentimental and delusional, but we see clearly!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sing us a songgggggggggg..you're the pianooo man...

Nah nah nah nah , nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey goodbye Paul!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, what?  I thought Piano Paul was a "guru'. Mellow

You spelled "goober" wrong.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
by the Cowboys.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980449/article/cowboys-fire-ol-coach-alexander-promote-colombo
Reply/Quote
That didn't take long...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
That is one I DON'T want back...
Reply/Quote
Now maybe Zeke can start putting up some good numbers on my Fantasy team.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch Mike Brown bring him back Ninja

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/29/18039470/cowboys-fire-former-bengals-assistant-paul-alexander
Reply/Quote
What we need to do is hire him, on the cheap, as a draft consultant. And then go AGAINST every recommendation he makes.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote