Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys interviewing Paul Alexander for their OL coach
(01-11-2018, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lol it's all about talent people overrate coaching in pro sports.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A better point; who would have tried doing what PA did this year with the players the Bengals have. There was certainly a better result in the run game the last 6 games of the season when some kind of change was incorporated. 

That is a much better point and how did that happen? Lazor, who is a coach.

Bad coaching, good coaching, take your pick..

I prefer good coaching myself, hell Pollack might actually get something out of Og yah never know.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A better point; who would have tried doing what PA did this year with the players the Bengals have. There was certainly a better result in the run game the last 6 games of the season when some kind of change was incorporated. 

Alexander is going to look like a genius next year in Dallas and it will not be because he is a genius. You get Tyrone Smith, Zach Martin, and Fredrick Davis that line is guranteed to be great.
As for your question idk who would have done what but Alexander has had some good lines while he has been here and personally I thought he deserved some more leanway because of that success. Not saying his firing will ruin the team but I don't think he was the main issue holding the line back.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lmao! Bring in Pollack, let the Cowgirls go from one of the best O-lines to one of the worst lol

But that O-line is honestly good enough to carry PA.

All pretty damn polished already and those are the only types of OL PA has done well with.

Still definately would like this trade though ha

(01-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You said pretty much everything I wanted to say. Please bring in Pollack...I'll take that trade any day, as I'm sure he played some role in building that line. And yeah, that line could carry Alexander.

It figures that the only team to interview Alexander would be the only other team where the Owner is essentially the GM. I'm sure Boys fans are stoked about the possibility of a line coach coming off of 2 dreadful seasons and an inability to run the football, which is what the Cowboys lean on.

I've never asked for something to happen with the Bengals and had it happen...2 hours later.

Seriously, I didn't even know they were interested and BAM he's already a Bengal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Alexander is going to look like a genius next year in Dallas and it will not be because he is a genius. You get Tyrone Smith, Zach Martin, and Fredrick Davis that line is guranteed to be great.

Not if they run the same scheme he ran here..... I doubt he gets hired. Jones can't be that dumb, is he?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've never asked for something to happen with the Bengals and had it happen...2 hours later.

Seriously, I didn't even know they were interested and BAM he's already a Bengal.

Definately not this fast ever. Took like 5 years too long to get Dansby and then he was pretty much washed up.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Alexander is going to look like a genius next year in Dallas and it will not be because he is a genius. You get Tyrone Smith, Zach Martin, and Fredrick Davis that line is guranteed to be great.
As for your question idk who would have done what but Alexander has had some good lines while he has been here and personally I thought  he deserved some more leanway because of that success.  Not saying his firing will ruin the team but I don't think he was the main issue holding the line back.

That is Travis Frederick and yeah like i said that O-line could carry PA cause those guys are polished.

Those good O-lines that PA had were polished as well but he cannot coach up unpolished players and there are tons of examples of this.

He was definately the guy holding back the O-line as he was their coach for God sake.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not if they run the same scheme he ran here..... I doubt he gets hired. Jones can't be that dumb, is he?

Maybe Mikey passed on that Paul does really well getting those skid-mark & shart stains out of the ol tighty whiteys ?

[Image: th?id=OIP.yFnHUPzgAVqVAKwmRa3TfAEgDY&pid...=202&h=152]

Jerry likey!

[Image: th?id=OIP.qaTySmowUw9EEn0CMaXTLgHaEK&pid...=282&h=159]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is Travis Frederick and yeah like i said that O-line could carry PA cause those guys are polished.

Those good O-lines that PA had were polished as well but he cannot coach up unpolished players and there are tons of examples of this.

He was definately the guy holding back the O-line as he was their coach for God sake.

Yes your right it doesn't have to do with drafting or free agency. Look 70% of pro sports is based off the players, 25% is based off the coaches, and 5% is based off of match ups. I am not saying Alexander is awesome I am just saying dude is a scapegoat for what the real problem is and that is lack of talent.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've never asked for something to happen with the Bengals and had it happen...2 hours later.

Crazy ain't it ? I mean has the worm turned ? has the eagle landed ? where's the fat lady ?

Let's hope somebody got MB to finally pull his head out of his @$$ and he's gonna take a back seat to the coaching staff on running the team.

Perhaps we've seen the last of "let's take a look at this DT at TE" ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Crazy ain't it ? I mean has the worm turned ? has the eagle landed ? where's the fat lady ?

Let's hope somebody got MB to finally pull his head out of his @$$ and he's gonna take a back seat to the coaching staff on running the team.

Perhaps we've seen the last of "let's take a look at this DT at TE" ?

I harped about #2 WR for since Housh left. I've wanted PA gone for 7-8 years. Wanted Marv gone since 2010 and again after 2013.

This team rarely does what I want it to, so I sure wasn't expecting it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes your right it doesn't have to do with drafting or free agency. Look 70% of pro sports is based off the players, 25% is based off the coaches, and 5% is based off of match ups. I am not saying Alexander is awesome I am just saying dude is a scapegoat for what the real problem is and that is lack of talent.

Then explain the drastic turnaround in the run game at the end of the year.

I agree about PA being a sacrificial lamb.  But it's not like he didn't deserve it.  First, he stands on the table for the worst linemen on the roster and then, to amplify his bone headedness, he couldn't coach them up either.

I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when the heated arguments were going on.  That must have been a hoot.

And if Bill Lazor had even a small part in the dismissal, he will be my hero forevermore.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:51 PM)McC Wrote: Then explain the drastic turnaround in the run game at the end of the year.

I agree about PA being a sacrificial lamb.  But it's not like he didn't deserve it.  First, he stands on the table for the worst linemen on the roster and then, to amplify his bone headedness, he couldn't coach them up either.

I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when the heated arguments were going on.  That must have been a hoot.

And if Bill Lazor had even a small part in the dismissal, he will be my hero forevermore.

I have always wanted to see us on the war cam during the draft, instead the of the Cowboys, Seattle or Giants and Patriots. I bet it would look like a chinese fire drill, with ol'Mikey sleeping in a recliner over in the corner, till he jumps up and wants to make a DE a TE....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes your right it doesn't have to do with drafting or free agency. Look 70% of pro sports is based off the players, 25% is based off the coaches, and 5% is based off of match ups. I am not saying Alexander is awesome I am just saying dude is a scapegoat for what the real problem is and that is lack of talent.

Pretty much every expert had Og rated as a first round talent.

Pretty much every expert had Fisher rated as atleast a 2nd round talent.

PA had us trade up for the untalented Bodine...

He couldn't coach these guys into decent players period. He sucked at coaching talent even.

Our biggest problem was coaching and PA was our worst coach. I don't care about your BS made up percentages.

Lazor changed up PA's shitty zone blocking scheme last year so we could run..
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lol it's all about talent people overrate coaching in pro sports.

Is that so?

Then explain to me why, when the Bengals had great OL talent and good backs to boot;  That PA was never able to get them to pick up the simple zone blitz that they see 2x, every year?  Or, have the ability to run with confidence on 3rd, 4th and short??

We had World class talent here, the Maestro just couldn't orchestrate them to perform the symphony..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I have always wanted to see us on the war cam during the draft, instead the of the Cowboys, Seattle or Giants and Patriots. I bet it would look like a chinese fire drill, with ol'Mikey sleeping in a recliner over in the corner, till he jumps up and wants to make a DE a TE....

...or jumps up yelling, "WR, LT, CB, WR, LT, CB...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

But he was picking the talent that failed though. Who are our worst 3 starters? Ogbuehi, Bodine and Fisher, right? PA banged the table for all those guys. 

Plus a big part of it was scheme. Did you notice how much our run game improved over the last 6 games? That was Lazor overruling PA and changing the run blocking scheme to more directional blocking. That's why PA is gone now. A bad coach can make talented players look bad. Not saying this line is loaded with talent, but they sure looked a lot better with the scheme change.

Coaching and scheme are far more valuable than the 25% you credit them with. Look at Belichick...who keeps winning with whoever. Look at the old Broncos, who could insert any RB and have him rush for 1400 yards. Look at how Drew Brees' career exploded under Sean Payton. There are sooo many examples of coaches simply getting more (or less) out of players.
Reply/Quote
As for your question idk who would have done what but Alexander has had some good lines while he has been here and personally I thought  he deserved some more leanway because of that success.  Not saying his firing will ruin the team but I don't think he was the main issue holding the line back.

Don't be too shocked when you're surprised at how much one guy can screw something up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

I agree to some extent. But from what I recall, Alexander hand-picked Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine. That’s on him then that they perform if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cowboys o line will still be good for about 2 years from Pollacks coaching. Then they'll start to stink under Alexander.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote