Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys open to trading RT La'el Collins
I wonder what the asking overall price would be for Collins. Team that gets him will be responsible for his 10mil base salary through 2024.

Collins really fits the Bengals and if the price is right would be a solid pick up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is he a salary cap casualty? Or is there another reason?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is he a salary cap casualty? Or is there another reason?

I think it's cap, it's already leaked out that they are going to release Amari Cooper if they don't find a trade partner, for cap reasons.  Those huge QB contracts are putting teams in a tough position.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:02 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder what the asking overall price would be for Collins. Team that gets him will be responsible for his 10mil base salary through 2024.

Collins really fits the Bengals and if the price is right would be a solid pick up.

I've seen the same rumors about Daryl Williams in Buffalo. If there's any truth to it, I'd rather go after him...plus I think his cap hit this year for a team that trades for him is only 6.3m.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is he a salary cap casualty? Or is there another reason?

No idea. He would only save them like 1.3m trading him cap wise. He played really well last year after coming back from his Suspension. 

They are saying they like Terrance Steele an Undrafted FA from a couple years ago. Also Dan Quinn also likes Bobby Wagner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:11 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've seen the same rumors about Daryl Williams in Buffalo. If there's any truth to it, I'd rather go after him...plus I think his cap hit this year for a team that trades for him is only 6.3m.

I just think La'el Collins fits the Bengals. They have been running alot of outside zone in Dallas and he was one of the best tackles in football in 2021. Top Right Tackle for 3 years 30 mil and thr #31 overall pick. I can get behind that...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I just think La'el Collins fits the Bengals. They have been running alot of outside zone in Dallas and he was one of the best tackles in football in 2021. Top Right Tackle for 3 years 30 mil and thr #31 overall pick. I can get behind that...

Collins is the better overall scheme fit, no doubt...but it was reported the Bengals had serious interest in Williams previously. Both would be a huge upgrade, but Collins also comes with a lot of baggage...too much for pick 31, IMO.
Reply/Quote
Not many character red flag players we have taken on under ZT. The suspension for trying to bribe a drug tester last year will probably keep us out of top trade offers they receive.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I’d look to the KC/BAL deal from last year for Brown. Some combination of pick 31 and day 3 pick for Collins and DAL second.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:19 PM)Synric Wrote: I just think La'el Collins fits the Bengals. They have been running alot of outside zone in Dallas and he was one of the best tackles in football in 2021. Top Right Tackle for 3 years 30 mil and thr #31 overall pick. I can get behind that...

No way i would give them #31 for a player that just served a 5 game suspension for bribing someone for a piss test. Maybe at best a 3rd, but more than likely a 4th.
Reply/Quote

Plus I doubt the Bills would be too keen on helping us rebuild our OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Collins is the better overall scheme fit, no doubt...but it was reported the Bengals had serious interest in Williams previously. Both would be a huge upgrade...but asking price would be a big factor as well.

Collins also comes with a lot of baggage.

Can Williams  play guard as well?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:31 PM)J24 Wrote: Can Williams  play guard as well?

I think he played more games at G this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think he played more games at G this season.

which should be priority number 1 on the o-line
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly I’d look to the KC/BAL deal from last year for Brown. Some combination of pick 31 and day 3 pick for Collins and DAL second.

Alot of speculation on Collins draft cost at this point. I dont think the value is there for Bengals are #31 so this would one of the better case scenarios I'd guess.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: which should be priority number 1 on the o-line

Right Tackle should be just as important right now.

If they had to play right now the starting offensive line would be Jonah Williams - D'Ante Smith - Trey Hopkins - Jackson Carman - Isaiah Prince.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of speculation on Collins draft cost at this point. I dont think the value is there for Bengals are #31 so this would one of the better case scenarios I'd guess.

Letting Cowboys come up similar to how we got Glenn seems like a reasonable play. If we did that and say signed Williams/Tomlinson we could knock out two spots for roughly 18-20 million. From there LG is Carman/Smith and Center I feel confident we are looking to the draft to compete or replace Trey.

We’d still have left over cap to address DT/CB 2 in FA at some level. Potentially just a resign of Hill and Apple with Apple getting competition from a drafted rookie.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Right Tackle should be just as important right now.

If they had to play right now the starting offensive line would be Jonah Williams - D'Ante Smith - Trey Hopkins - Jackson Carman - Isaiah Prince.

I think they're looking to free agency to upgrade the interior and looking to the draft for a RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Right Tackle should be just as important right now.

right guard was especially far and away the weak spot all season on the o-line
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they're looking to free agency to upgrade the interior and looking to the draft for a RT.

I'm not to high on starting caliber OT in this years draft outside of the top few guys. 

Side Note: Frank Pollack was La'el Collins OL coach in 2015 when Collins went to Dallas as an UDFA.

Reply/Quote