Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd-Joe Burrow is the MVP

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cowherd is the king of controversial takes. This is no different. He is trying to be a contrarian with his pick to drum up some clicks.

FWIW, I agree with most of what he said, but I do not trust his motives.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Cowhers is suffering from recency bias.

Burrow has been unbelievable lately and has had an great year overall, but him and this offense went through a lull through the middle of the season and Joe through some devastating interceptions. The interceptions matter. The Jets and Bears games come to mind.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
10 more interceptions is a lot. No way can you put him over Rodgers with that many more.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: 10 more interceptions is a lot. No way can you put him over Rodgers with that many more.

Yep.  Though 2 of them are on Chase (Chicago, SD). 
Reply/Quote
Cowherd said Burrow was second to Rodgers quite literally yesterday. He's such a goofball.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep.  Though 2 of them are on Chase (Chicago, SD). 

Every QB has interceptions that are the result of a WR. We just don't watch all of their games like we do the Bengals so we don't see them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:27 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Cowherd said Burrow was second to Rodgers quite literally yesterday. He's such a goofball.

In his defense he did address that in the video. 
Reply/Quote
I don't agree with cowherds argument at all.

1.) Burrow has the better cast of players

2.) Rodgers numbers(particularly the lack of INts) are better than Burrow's

Don't get me wrong Burrow is having MVP caliber season but it is not better than what Rodgers is doing right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
6 weeks ago Cowherd claimed Burrow would never be anything as long as he was Cincinnati because the owners/franchise would ruin him. Fck him.
Reply/Quote
The simple fact that he’s in the conversation in his second year is good enough for me. Get him a good Oline and he’lol remain in the conversation
Reply/Quote
His original man crush, Tom Brady, is close to retirement. He also knows that Rodgers isn't far off from retirement and he needs a new man crush. He now has video in the bank of him "calling Burrow's greatness since his 2nd year".
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Burrow is hands down the MVP.. Rodgers playing for a known winner and isn't coming off major injury. Rodgers has an Oline. Packers could win without ARod, Bengals could not win without Burrow..
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow is hands down the MVP.. Rodgers playing for a known winner and isn't coming off major injury. Rodgers has an Oline. Packers could win without ARod, Bengals could not  win without Burrow..

Did you see them play with Jordan Love under center when he had Covid?? It was pathetic.

Not taking away from Burrow at all but Rodgers has him beat this year for MVP. Number one seed, with a foot injury and only 4 picks I believe?? Guy has been money.

Being second to a HOFer isn't a knock.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrow is hands down the MVP.. Rodgers playing for a known winner and isn't coming off major injury. Rodgers has an Oline. Packers could win without ARod, Bengals could not  win without Burrow..

I agree that Cincy would lose without Joey B but thats a bad take to think GB would win with Jordan Love. He's terrible
Reply/Quote
Not that it matters what WVUHomer off TheBengalsBoard thinks but the context of the majority of the INTs should be reviewed.

3 in the Chi game, 2nd game off a major injury. 11 of the 14 were before the bye. We see players all the time need some time to get back to being comfortable after that injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote:

I can remember when Cowherd took over the ESPN radio show from Kornheiser and from the beginning he ripped the Bengals as a dysfunctional organization. But he was fair enough when the Bengals were good. He even had the Bengals as #1 in his Herd Hierarchy at one point, but he always pointed out that the team would only go as far as Andy Dalton could take them. It's obvious now that he loves Joe B. He loves good QB play.   
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:23 PM)TheFan Wrote: 10 more interceptions is a lot. No way can you put him over Rodgers with that many more.

You can if he wins the SB!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:56 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I can remember when Cowherd took over the ESPN radio show from Kornheiser and from the beginning he ripped the Bengals as a dysfunctional organization. But he was fair enough when the Bengals were good. He even had the Bengals as #1 in his Herd Hierarchy at one point, but he always pointed out that the team would only go as far as Andy Dalton could take them. It's obvious now that he loves Joe B. He loves good QB play.   

I remember that... They were number one on the hierarchy the week prior to getting demolished by NE. We're on to Cincinnati...

He actually poo pooed Burrow through the draft process. Greatness shows itself early... This and that. Joe won him over early last year though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 07:56 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I can remember when Cowherd took over the ESPN radio show from Kornheiser and from the beginning he ripped the Bengals as a dysfunctional organization. But he was fair enough when the Bengals were good. He even had the Bengals as #1 in his Herd Hierarchy at one point, but he always pointed out that the team would only go as far as Andy Dalton could take them. It's obvious now that he loves Joe B. He loves good QB play.   

He was even more vocal than Florio in saying Joe should force himself out of Cincinnati before even playing here.  Said he would be ruined playing for the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote