Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd-Joe Burrow is the MVP
(01-06-2022, 08:15 PM)pally Wrote: He was even more vocal than Florio in saying Joe should force himself out of Cincinnati before even playing here.  Said he would be ruined playing for the Bengals
This is true. He, like so many others, said Burrow should pull an Eli. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 05:19 PM)Weezy.Bengal Wrote: I think Cowhers is suffering from recency bias.

Burrow has been unbelievable lately and has had an great year overall, but him and this offense went through a lull through the middle of the season and Joe through some devastating interceptions. The interceptions matter. The Jets and Bears games come to mind.

The biggest difference in Burrow since the Jets and Bears game is that he is much stronger and healthier than he was then.He was still trying to work his way back to 100% from a devastating knee injury.He was still being hampered by that knee.I think he’s right next to100% now,and it shows.
Reply/Quote
I could not care less about Colin Cow Pie, Stephen A. Smith, Jim Rome, or any of those other bloviating windbags. I have my own opinions and don't need their help in knowing what to think.

It's obvious that he is being controversial just for the sake of being controversial. That's what they do. They don't even believe half the crap that comes out of their own mouths.

Here's my take: Rodgers is this year's MVP, but he's almost done. Burrow will be in the running for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote
I hate it when Cowherd discusses the Bengals. He has extremely dated perspectives that he has never bothered to update, and he brings them up whenever the team is the topic of conversation. "The ownership is bad and cheap. They're a dysfunctional organization." Blah blah; the national media simply cannot be trusted to understand anything this team or franchise is doing.
Reply/Quote
I don't care if he is complimenting us I still don't like him.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Yeah it’s Rodgers award this year. Burrow will get it next year along with 50 TDs. I’m okay with that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised Cowherd doesn't even mention the knee. He talks about what he's "overcome" (strength of division, losing franchise, poor offensive line, etc.) but not the injury. That really puts it in perspective for me: Burrow's season has been so remarkable that we've almost forgotten how he had his leg twisted into a pretzel just over a year ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 08:32 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The biggest difference in Burrow since the Jets and Bears game is that he is much stronger and healthier than he was then.He was still trying to work his way back to 100% from a devastating knee injury.He was still being hampered by that knee.I think he’s right next to100% now,and it shows.

I would agree with that about the knee but you have to remember he's still throwing the ball with basically 4 fingers...which makes what he's doing even more impressive. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 09:37 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I hate it when Cowherd discusses the Bengals. He has extremely dated perspectives that he has never bothered to update, and he brings them up whenever the team is the topic of conversation. "The ownership is bad and cheap. They're a dysfunctional organization." Blah blah; the national media simply cannot be trusted to understand anything this team or franchise is doing.

If I were part of the Bengals media team, I would send him an email explaining: 

1. That the Bengals have won multiple AFC North titles over the past couple of decades and have made the playoffs pretty regularly. 
2. The improvements they have made to the fan experience both during the games and social media. 
3. The improvements they have made to the facilities over the past few years (locker rooms, weight room, etc) 

Are they perfect? No. The stadium still sucks and they don't have an indoor practice facility. This isn't the crap place it was in the 90's where players had to pay for their own Gatorade from the vending machine and had to bring their own bath towels to shower, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 12:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If I were part of the Bengals media team, I would send him an email explaining: 

1. That the Bengals have won multiple AFC North titles over the past couple of decades and have made the playoffs pretty regularly. 
2. The improvements they have made to the fan experience both during the games and social media. 
3. The improvements they have made to the facilities over the past few years (locker rooms, weight room, etc) 

Are they perfect? No. The stadium still sucks and they don't have an indoor practice facility. This isn't the crap place it was in the 90's where players had to pay for their own Gatorade from the vending machine and had to bring their own bath towels to shower, though. 

They've also been to 2 Super Bowls, which is 2 more than a lot of teams can claim.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:33 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I don't care if he is complimenting us I still don't like him.

Ok guys, we all need to get on the same page as to what color prism eye shield to wear..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 04:37 PM)pally Wrote:

idk that 35-4 TD - INT ratio looks amazing
Plus #1 Seed
Reply/Quote
Matt Hamilton (GMF) on Burrow:

"We've seen time and time again, there is nothing more dangerous in the playoffs than a QB who catches fire at the right time."
Reply/Quote