Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd at it again....
I really don't know who listens to these guys. Cowherd, Shannon/Skip, Steven A/Max Kellerman.

These guys, as far as I know, all make pretty big bucks relative to their field. That must mean they have a sizeable built-in audience. i.e. daily listeners.

Who the hell tunes into these blowhards day after day? Hell, I can't even make it through one clip, let alone a full show, let alone a full show almost every day.

I'm not trying to be a snob, or act like I'm somehow better than anyone for not watching or listening. I honestly can't understand who their viewers are. Young people don't consume traditional media in the way these shows are presented. Old people don't generally like listening to bullshit like this. Is it people around my age (40's)? Who makes up the market to support these stupid ass shows.

I hate all of the above clowns. What an awful product they serve up.

If you really fixing to hear a decent sports show, listen to Dan Patrick. At least he makes actual sports the star of the show and not himself.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 05:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really don't know who listens to these guys.  Cowherd, Shannon/Skip, Steven A/Max Kellerman.

These guys, as far as I know, all make pretty big bucks relative to their field.  That must mean they have a sizeable built-in audiable. i.e. daily listerners.

Who the hell tunes into these blowhards day after day?  Hell, I can't even make it through one clip, let alone a full show, let alone a full show almost every day.

I'm not trying to be a snob, or act like I'm somehow better than anyone for not watching or listening.  I honestly can't understand who their viewers are.  Young people don't consume traditional media in the way these shows are presented.  Old people don't generally like listening to bullshit like this.  Is it people around my age (40's)?  Who makes up the market to support these stupid ass shows.

I hate all of the above clowns.  What an awful product they serve up.

If you really fixing to hear a decent sports show, listen to Dan Patrick.  At least he makes actual sports the star of the show and not himself.
Guys like that are basically  The View. for sports.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Ben is the wild card. If Ben is Ben then they are Superbowl contenders

Super Bowl contenders is a bit much. Their defense is scary, but they’re not on the level of KC or BAL.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Super Bowl contenders is a bit much. Their defense is scary, but they’re not on the level of KC or BAL.

Yep. With Ben, playoff contenders but not Super Bowl contenders. 

Ben needs a scary good defense and running game to make Super Bowl runs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Coming off a two win season... Well, we need to prove otherwise. For now, Bengals should be underdogs in every gamen this season.

Reply/Quote
I saw an article the other day where Cowturd admitted he'd flipped his script on Burrow. But until we prove otherwise, what he says about us has merit. The rest of his garbage? Yeah, well.... it's garbage.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 08:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: I saw an article the other day where Cowturd admitted he'd flipped his script on Burrow. But until we prove otherwise, what he says about us has merit. The rest of his garbage? Yeah, well.... it's garbage.

Yes sir, have to prove the doubters wrong. Then we can talk some shit as Housh would say lol
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, have to prove the doubters wrong. Then we can talk some shit as Housh would say lol

Approximately 30 hours from now the Cincinnati Bengals will be the talk of the sports world. We’ll be talking some shit!
Reply/Quote
Well, he was impressed with Burrow...

https://youtu.be/qwcnFwMKzUQ

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, he was impressed with Burrow...

https://youtu.be/qwcnFwMKzUQ

Impressed, yet calls him Tony Romo. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burrow is a more athletic and accurate Josh Allen IMO. Josh Allen is good dont get me wrong but he's no Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 09:59 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Impressed, yet calls him Tony Romo. 

Tony Romo was a really good QB.

4x Pro Bowler
78-49-0 as a starter
248 TD passes (117 INT)
34183 yds
Career passer rating of 97.1

Anyway, that was one comment. Even if you don’t like that comparison everything else he said was pretty much spot on. Which surprised me.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:16 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Burrow is a more athletic and accurate Josh Allen IMO. Josh Allen is good dont get me wrong but he's no Joe Burrow

Allen is terrible. He’s one of the least accurate QB’s in the league.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tony Romo was a really good QB.

4x Pro Bowler
78-49-0 as a starter
248 TD passes (117 INT)
34183 yds
Career passer rating of 97.1

Anyway, that was one comment. Even if you don’t like that comparison everything else he said was pretty much spot on. Which surprised me.

The rest of what he said, seemed accurate (especially the A+ prospects being next year) just seemed like a back-handed kinda thing to compare him to a guy who is a small upgrade or same as what we had in Dalton. Granted, Romo has 2 playoff wins, but still no Super Bowls, no MVPs and the rest of their numbers are similar.

For as much as people around here hate Cowherd, people give him opinions a lot of clicks and threads.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The rest of what he said, seemed accurate (especially the A+ prospects being next year) just seemed like a back-handed kinda thing to compare him to a guy who is a small upgrade or same as what we had in Dalton. Granted, Romo has 2 playoff wins, but still no Super Bowls, no MVPs and the rest of their numbers are similar.

For as much as people around here hate Cowherd, people give him opinions a lot of clicks and threads.

Burrow won the NCG and Heisman. Not Lawrence. Not Fields.

Anyway, the rest of their numbers (Romo & Dalton) are not similar. Career PR 97.1>>>87.5

And I didn’t give Cowherd any clicks. If you look at that video it’s not from his official channel.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow won the NCG and Heisman. Not Lawrence. Not Fields.

Anyway, the rest of their numbers (Romo & Dalton) are not similar. Career PR 97.1>>>87.5

And I didn’t give Cowherd any clicks. If you look at that video it’s not from his official channel.

You do know Lawrence already won the NCG once before last year... plus it's fun to poke that button.

Look at TD's, yards, INT's they are similar, the differences in wins and PR are more a product of the team around them then the actual player. During his career, Romo had an amazing O-line always, an owner committed to winning, and some of the best weapons around, yet still couldn't win a title. 

I was really hoping Dalton would have ended up with New England this off-season as their starter, I think it would have shown people what he was able to do with a functional team.

In the end, his overall description of what happened was accurate, but if Burrow's ceiling is Romo, we wasted the pick.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You do know Lawrence already won the NCG once before last year... plus it's fun to poke that button.

Look at TD's, yards, INT's they are similar, the differences in wins and PR are more a product of the team around them then the actual player. During his career, Romo had an amazing O-line always, an owner committed to winning, and some of the best weapons around, yet still couldn't win a title. 

I was really hoping Dalton would have ended up with New England this off-season as their starter, I think it would have shown people what he was able to do with a functional team.

In the end, his overall description of what happened was accurate, but if Burrow's ceiling is Romo, we wasted the pick.

I don’t think he said Romo was Burrow’s ceiling though. Pretty sure he just said Burrow reminds him a bit of Romo.

As far as Dalton to NE, I hate to say I told you so, but since you brought it up...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he said Romo was Burrow’s ceiling though. Pretty sure he just said Burrow reminds him a bit of Romo.

As far as Dalton to NE, I hate to say I told you so, but since you brought it up..

Yeah, didn't think it would happen, just really wanted to see it happen. Billy has a way of taking Bengals players and getting the most out of them...usually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXIftIURiA

At the 6 min mark they get into the analysis about Burrow and the Bengals... Rex Ryan is hard to listen to, but Ryan Clark had some good takes.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Four of those wins were against the Bengals and Browns...Not so impressive now, eh?

Yeah let's see what Brady can do (granted new team) when he's not playing easy mofos 6 games a year.

Also granted he saw hard teams in playoffs but he also got to skip 1st round many times.

I wonder what Brady would have done in our division over course of his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah, didn't think it would happen, just really wanted to see it happen. Billy has a way of taking Bengals players and getting the most out of them...usually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXIftIURiA

At the 6 min mark they get into the analysis about Burrow and the Bengals... Rex Ryan is hard to listen to, but Ryan Clark had some good takes.

I have to say I tend to agree with Rex there. Should have taken a shot. Felt very Marvin to play to not lose instead of playing to win.

Reply/Quote