Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd makes Bengals #1
I was shocked just now as Cowherd, who used to totally bash the Bengals and has a love affair with the Patriots and a man crush on Tom Brady, made the Bengals #1 over the Pats. Part of his reasoning was that with the loss of the Pats RB and weakness in the secondary, and with the overall balance of the Bengals roster. He also pointed out that the Bengals have had four blowout wins. I know a lot of people hate Cowherd and sometimes he ticks me off too but he knows his football and he's obviously impressed with our Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:15 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was shocked just now as Cowherd, who used to totally bash the Bengals and has a love affair with the Patriots and a man crush on Tom Brady, made the Bengals #1 over the Pats. Part of his reasoning was that with the loss of the Pats RB and weakness in the secondary, and with the overall balance of the Bengals roster. He also pointed out that the Bengals have had four blowout wins. I know a lot of people hate Cowherd and sometimes he ticks me off too but he knows his football and he's obviously impressed with our Bengals.

Kiss of death.  Cowturd's endorsement is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:15 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was shocked just now as Cowherd, who used to totally bash the Bengals and has a love affair with the Patriots and a man crush on Tom Brady, made the Bengals #1 over the Pats. Part of his reasoning was that with the loss of the Pats RB and weakness in the secondary, and with the overall balance of the Bengals roster. He also pointed out that the Bengals have had four blowout wins. I know a lot of people hate Cowherd and sometimes he ticks me off too but he knows his football and he's obviously impressed with our Bengals.

Now that he likes the Bengals, he's a smart guy.

Predictable.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:19 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Now that he likes the Bengals, he's a smart guy.

Predictable.

Of course.

My opinion of Cowherd has not changed even though he has the Bengals #1.  He has a lot of good contacts and sources of information, but he is really not that smart about sports.  

He is more interested in trying to make social commentary and pushing people buttons.

At first I was happy when he got bumped off of the ESPN radio that I listen to, but he was replaced by Dan LeBatard who is just as bad.

i guess it is impossible to fill 24 hours of sports radio without just repeating the same stuff, but too many of these shows end up being about the host instead of sports.
Reply/Quote
Wow that shocks me, his huge west coast bias is what drives me nuts.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:19 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Now that he likes the Bengals, he's a smart guy.

Predictable.

No need to snarky. We're all Bengal fans here.
Reply/Quote

Rankings are meaningless.  The #1 team will be the winner of the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Still hate Cowherd...
Reply/Quote
His social commentary and how he relates it to sports is what makes him interesting. Nothing more nothing less.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course.

My opinion of Cowherd has not changed even though he has the Bengals #1.  He has a lot of good contacts and sources of information, but he is really not that smart about sports.  

He is more interested in trying to make social commentary and pushing people buttons.

At first I was happy when he got bumped off of the ESPN radio that I listen to, but he was replaced by Dan LeBatard who is just as bad.

i guess it is impossible to fill 24 hours of sports radio without just repeating the same stuff, but too many of these shows end up being about the host instead of sports.
I agree with you that he does a lot of social commentary. And most of it I disagree with and wish he would just stick to sports. But I've listened to him for a long time and he does know sports. He can be very entertaining also. But it wasn't my intent to defend him (so why am I doing it, right?) I just wanted to express my shock that he would put the Bengals ahead of his beloved Patriots.

And I agree with you on LeBatard. I can't stand the guy. He's always whining about social issues. I don't even listen to him anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 04:47 PM)BengalRed Wrote: And I agree with you on LeBatard. I can't stand the guy. He's always whining about social issues. I don't even listen to him anymore.

It is not even the social issues with LeBatard.  It is more that the show is about him and the guys on the show instead of sports.
Reply/Quote
I really liked lebatard at his later spot, haven't heard the early stuff.

Screw Cowherd.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 05:11 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I really liked lebatard at his later spot, haven't heard the early stuff.

Screw Cowherd.

LeBatards TV show is not that bad.  But his radio show is nothing but the guys in the booth arguing with each other and talking about themselves.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course.

Worse, but the Stu guy makes me laugh on occasion.  LeBatard is always trying to pose some moral question that he thinks he sees but nobody else can.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Not a fan, Listen to him when Andrew Luck was his Sweetheart... Just not a fan!!

[Image: ImAFan.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is a turd, and I love the Bengals, but I am of the opinion that if a team wins the Super Bowl, they are automatically the #1 team until they lose a game.

OSU is #1 until they lose a game, and so are the Patriots. Bengals will be #2 until something changes. Can't unseat the Champs if they're unbeaten is a rule I will stand by regardless of my personal preferences or feelings on the team(s) because it simply isn't logical otherwise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is a shock jocky.

He put the Bengals at #1 just to piss Patriots fans off.

I don't even read or listen to his stuff, because it is meaningless.
Reply/Quote
Good to see him coming around. Honestly, I'm starting to like Cowherd.

Just kidding, he's still a dooooosh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Cowherd has been hyping them up for a couple of weeks now. I was gonna post something that he said after the Browns game, but I wanted to hold off and see how long it would take someone to make a thread about how he's been praising the Bengals. Usually, 20 seconds after he says something bad about the Bengals, there is a thread about it and everyone is butthurt. When he calls them the most complete team, most talented team, and best team in the league, it isn't mentioned for two weeks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: i guess it is impossible to fill 24 hours of sports radio without just repeating the same stuff, but too many of these shows end up being about the host instead of sports.

Thats why they need a radio show devoted to the Bengals!
Reply/Quote