Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowherd makes Bengals #1
(11-11-2015, 06:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Cowherd is a shock jocky.

He put the Bengals at #1 just to piss Patriots fans off.

This. Cowturd in 2 sentences.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still can't understand what it must be like for him to live life with that last name.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cow-hard is despicable. All he goes for is ratings. Let's get this straight -- the Bengals are not #1 (yet). Among the undefeateds we have the worst strength of schedule. Note: we've beaten some good teams but the list goes Carolina, New England, Bengals. He's just putting us at #1 to fan the flames of controversy. That is all.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course.

My opinion of Cowherd has not changed even though he has the Bengals #1.  He has a lot of good contacts and sources of information, but he is really not that smart about sports.  

He is more interested in trying to make social commentary and pushing people buttons.

At first I was happy when he got bumped off of the ESPN radio that I listen to, but he was replaced by Dan LeBatard who is just as bad.

i guess it is impossible to fill 24 hours of sports radio without just repeating the same stuff, but too many of these shows end up being about the host instead of sports.

Dan Patrick show on FoxSports radio/tv is wayyyyy better than LeBatard in that 10-1 slot. He is more of a basketball fan as he was all-state back in high school here in ohio, but overall a good balanced show.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

I don't even read or listen to his stuff, because it is meaningless.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

Show was probably becoming stagnant him just repeating how great the Patriots are and he decided to get peoples juices flowing in different direction.

The Patriot fans will have plenty of opinion against this and the Bengals fans will love it. Win, win for him. 

First loss and he will turn on Bengals again. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 02:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

Show was probably becoming stagnant him just repeating how great the Patriots are and he decided to get peoples juices flowing in different direction.

The Patriot fans will have plenty of opinion against this and the Bengals fans will love it. Win, win for him. 

First loss and he will turn on Bengals again. 

Yep, dudes a pure shock jock out for ratings. Nothing else matters to him. He'd call Cleveland the best team in the NFL if he thought his ratings would go up.
Reply/Quote

I don't even read or listen to his stuff, because it is meaningless.

You're right.  And pissed off Patriots fans will give him lots of social media hits.  
Reply/Quote
Cowherd has always been a realist, as much as you people hate him.

He never hated on the Bengals, he just didnt have the bias that many of us have for them. He called Andy Dalton a "beige water pistol" last year, when thats in fact what he was. 80% of the fans on hear would agree. Most of you on here even said Dalton sucked last year and wanted him gone.

Now the Bengals are legit and Dalton is playing well so Cowherd gives them deserved props.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course.

My opinion of Cowherd has not changed even though he has the Bengals #1.  He has a lot of good contacts and sources of information, but he is really not that smart about sports.  

He is more interested in trying to make social commentary and pushing people buttons.

At first I was happy when he got bumped off of the ESPN radio that I listen to, but he was replaced by Dan LeBatard who is just as bad.

i guess it is impossible to fill 24 hours of sports radio without just repeating the same stuff, but too many of these shows end up being about the host instead of sports.

The Lebatard show is just so, so, so bad. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Some people act like this New England team is just unbeatable. I got news for you - they aren't. Now, don't get me wrong, they may well win the Super Bowl, but look at how they compare to last year's team:

Missing O-line pieces
No Revis
Missing some of their running backs.

People tend to forget that they barely beat Baltimore in the playoffs last year, 35-31, and that they have lost a few games at HOME in the playoffs.

I don't see them as unbeatable, but if the Bengals play a very good to great game vs. them, they can win.
Reply/Quote
I like Cowherd but he is not the gospel either. I haven't listen to him as much but I bet he had a smart ass comment about Andy Dalton after he stated we were the best team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Cowherd was the father of the line about how Andy Dalton was good in 2013 "When he had more talent around him than any other QB in the league."

In 2013 our running game was weak (28th in average per carry), and although the Bengals did have 6 players with 400+ receiving yards they were very inexperienced. Four of those 6 guys (Sanu, Jones, Eifert, Bernard) had combined for only 34 career receptions coming into that season.

But instead of getting credit for working with a weak running game and an inexperienced receiving corps Dalton gets dunned for having more weapons than anyone else.

I never liked Colin, but his worst transgression was intentionally distorting the truth to besmirch the holy name of Andrew The First.
Reply/Quote

This.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2015, 03:15 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was shocked just now as Cowherd, who used to totally bash the Bengals and has a love affair with the Patriots and a man crush on Tom Brady, made the Bengals #1 over the Pats. Part of his reasoning was that with the loss of the Pats RB and weakness in the secondary, and with the overall balance of the Bengals roster. He also pointed out that the Bengals have had four blowout wins. I know a lot of people hate Cowherd and sometimes he ticks me off too but he knows his football and he's obviously impressed with our Bengals.

My guess is he knows this controversial pick will generate a lot of buzz for him. 
Reply/Quote
He's just jumping on the bandwagon.

Like the rest of the national media.

Anyone seen the cover for this week's ESPN mag?? Rolleyes

I'd be happy if they'd just go back to the way they used to report about the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:52 AM)BengalB Wrote: He's just jumping on the bandwagon.

Like the rest of the national media.

Anyone seen the cover for this week's ESPN mag??  Rolleyes

I'd be happy if they'd just go back to the way they used to report about the Bengals...

Yea I prefer they fly under the radar as well, but when you're only one of a few teams unbeaten at the halfway point, it ain't gonna happen.   I think the Bengals are legit...we shall see.  Like someone else said...to be the man ya gotta beat the man.

I hope this is the year Rock On

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
He's trying to jinx the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 04:18 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yea I prefer they fly under the radar as well, but when you're only one of a few teams unbeaten at the halfway point, it ain't gonna happen.   I think the Bengals are legit...we shall see.  Like someone else said...to be the man ya gotta beat the man.

I hope this is the year Rock On

Who Dey
This team has not flown under the radar in about 3-4 years now.  Four straight playoff appearances, and I believe they have more wins than anyone except New England and Green Bay since 2011.  They may not have gotten a great deal of respect from the population in general, but the team itself has been taken seriously by every opponent they have faced.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: This team has not flown under the radar in about 3-4 years now.  Four straight playoff appearances, and I believe they have more wins than anyone except New England and Green Bay since 2011.  They may not have gotten a great deal of respect from the population in general, but the team itself has been taken seriously by every opponent they have faced.

Oh I get exactly what you're saying and most of Bengaldom would agree with you (including myself).  I know that every team they play takes them seriously, just like the Bengals take every team seriously.  Call it the superstitious nature in me to feel like they play better when they seem to be flying under the radar (generally speaking).  Meh...I walk away from the TV when they're doing bad...It usually helps...or it has at least this season. LOL
Reply/Quote