Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cowherd on Bengals/Burrow.
Cowherd on Bengals/Burrow.

Discuss amongst yourselves...kernels of truth but a lot of bias and lack of paying attention.

https://twitter.com/FauxJeaux/status/1443997692510810118
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's not wrong... but this is a pretty good roster. Is it the Chiefs or Browns or Bucs roster? Not yet. Will it be? Maybe if we can resign Bates and Ossai comes back healthy and we hit some draft picks again. Is the coaching staff great? Not yet but there seems to be some on the job training going on and they're getting better. I kinda have a feeling Joe's football IQ is helping Zac and Zac is at least smart enough to realize it and let it happen.
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is an idiot. Don't care what he says. I am not clicking his bait.
Reply/Quote
I don't think you can argue at all what he is saying. I mean haven't the majority of us been saying this for YEARS and YEARS about Mike Brown. The only thing I would say is..

Cowherd you are late to the party...

But I am glad to see his love and admiration for Burrow...Joe is the best thing to come to our team and I really hope the front office has the gumption to take advantage of the player we have leading this team.
Reply/Quote
Only time will tell. We can revisit in 10 years.
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed Cowherd for years on ESPN radio, but he's always been lazy. He was pretty lazy just then. He had some points too, but simplistic and lazy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Collin Cowherd once said he knew Vince Young was going to be bad because his throwing motion reminded him too much of Tim Tebow.

This is where I remind everyone Tim Tebow was in High School when Vince Young was drafted so he most certainly did not think that. He lies about what he thought constantly, even his segment Collin is right Collin is wrong is slanted to reshape narratives he actually believed at the time. He is a casual football fan at best with limited knowledge of the game that he portrays as expertise and knowledge.
Reply/Quote
It is an age-old question whether a QB makes the coach or the coach makes the QB. All I know is that Walsh had a losing record until he got Montana and then Young and that Belichick has a career losing record without Brady. Jared Goff had his best year when Zac was his QB coach. If Burrow makes Zac a better coach then he is in a long line of others that has happened to.

As for the rest...been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Cowherd will always stick to his lazy talking points rather than actually doing any sort of investigation to see what is currently happening

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He isn't just giving some controversial but fair opinion.

He is making factually incorrect claims.

"The Bengals don't make trades on draft day". --> They quite literally just did that in the 2021 draft.

"They don't have a GM." --> This is essentially wordplay. Duke Tobin is as much a GM as anyone with the title "GM" would be.

"Mike Brown is a notorious meddler." --> This one cannot be disputed on an objective level, but it's also speculative garbage that is being pulled from a single scene of the 2010 Hard Knocks show of which nothing came and a 30-years dated '90s reputation. There is no evidence that this is true in the year 2021.

"The Bengals are cheap." --> This is even worse outdated horse shit from someone that doesn't have a single clue about how the Bengals franchise behaves and instead relies upon an extremely dated reputation born of towels, Gatorade, and a Chevy Lumina from the pre-Palmer era. They've been huge spenders in free agency two years in a row.

Stop taking these people seriously. All of you, every single one of you who spends your time contributing to a Cincinnati Bengals message board, knows this team and this organization better than Colin Cowherd or any of these other worthless national media personalities ever could. Use your own eyeballs and your own judgment and stop allowing these idiots to have any influence whatsoever over the spirits of this fanbase.
Reply/Quote
Remember what the New Orleans Saints were before Drew Brees showed up. They were as bad as (probably worse than) the Bengals in just about any metric of success. Then they became a perennial power and won a Super Bowl. The Patriots were the Bengals pre-Brady.
Reply/Quote
When he says the Bengals don't make draft day trades what he really means is they didnt trade the #1OA pick and took Joe Burrow.

It's funny Cowherd praising Burrow considering how bad he hated on him through the deaft process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bengals went to playoff first 5 years of Dalton's career.  7 appearance out of 10 years.  Marvin changed the cultures from the 90s.  

The "dysfunction" is an antiquated narrative regarding the Bengals.  Yes, winning playoff game would help change the old tired narrative but Dalton was limited, especially under the bright lights.  

Lazy analysis in my opinion.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Anyone see Keyshawn Johnson this morning, I think it was. Saying if burrow does win a championship, it won't be in Cincinnati. I think it was on the Max kellerman show
Reply/Quote
Thank you for sharing Bengals relate thoughts, but I'd rather hear my bowels screeching after eating twice reheated Taco Bell than hear Cowherd talk about anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:30 PM)Synric Wrote: When he says the Bengals don't make draft day trades what he really means is they didnt trade the #1OA pick and took Joe Burrow.

It's funny Cowherd praising Burrow considering how bad he hated on him through the deaft process.

He changed his tune after week 2 of last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I really think we have something in Joe and Zac together
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 05:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: Collin Cowherd once said he knew Vince Young was going to be bad because his throwing motion reminded him too much of Tim Tebow.

This is where I remind everyone Tim Tebow was in High School when Vince Young was drafted so he most certainly did not think that. He lies about what he thought constantly, even his segment Collin is right Collin is wrong is slanted to reshape narratives he actually believed at the time. He is a casual football fan at best with limited knowledge of the game that he portrays as expertise and knowledge.

He also once called Mark Sanchez the next Brady...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He also said earlier this year that Chad Johnson was a bad route-runner.

Dude just makes his opinions up.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 07:54 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: He also said earlier this year that Chad Johnson was a bad route-runner.

Dude just makes his opinions up.

Yeah, that was an all timer lol.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/FoxSportsRadio/status/1444033123872755714?s=19
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote