Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappie Chowder
Yeah, sounds terrible ,but it's actually a broth made from the crappie fish with cream, potatoes, onions and other ingredients and tastes great.  It just needs a new name.. I guess fish chowder is probably more appealing than crappie chowder.. 
[Image: plDctjkqj]

I've also made it from Bluegill and catfish.. and chicken in which case it's just potato soup with chicken..  I'm not real sure the difference between chowder and soup to be honest.  I should probably look it up, but for now it's Crappie Chowder. :)

Edit: I looked it up.. No significant difference .. 
Quote:Bisques and chowders are simply two types of thick soupbisque is generally smooth while chowder is chunky. Both have a long history with seafood—the word chowder comes from the French word for the cauldron in which fishermen made their stew—but both words are used often used to describe non-seafood dishes as well
And now you're up to date and well informed as to the difference between soup and chowder. Almost none.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The chowder in chowderhead is neither New England nor Manhattan (though one could speculate that a chowderhead has either type of clam chowder for brains). Chowderhead is a mispronunciation of jolterhead, a derivative of the 16th-century insult jolt head.
Reply/Quote