Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craziness of 2022 FA and Trades
This has been a crazy start to FA with all of the trades and contracts for WR's, Rodgers and Watson.

If you are Jackson and looking at your next contract, what is your ceiling (asking price) and floor? Ravens can franchise him, but no running QB wants to play on a one year deal. Will he force a trade based hs demands just as Hill has done?

Ravens are in a bad place with Jackson contract in my opinion.

WR contracts are crazy, so to me makes first round picks and 5 years versus 4 years locked up more focused on the WR position. I see teams reach each year at QB in the draft, not sure they will do it, but may reach for a WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What’s crazy is 6 of these teams won’t make the playoffs

Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Bills
Dolphins
Patriots
Colts
Titans

The worst teams on that list, Steelers, dolphins, patriots, colts are still .500 football clubs.

It’s going to Be a dog fight
Reply/Quote
I’d ask for $50 mil per year and wouldn’t take less than $40/yr with big guarantees. He’d be wise to stay in Baltimore where they built the offense for the last several years to suit him, but I wouldn’t take much of a discount either considering how much another team would be willing to fork over if they don’t have a franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
It feels like in almost a single off season, we're seeing the players take over.

In the past, if a player said "I don't want to play for you for that amount, trade me" most teams now say "Eat shit, you're stuck here until the end of your contract."

Now, it seems like the player demands a trade, and they get it 9 times out of 10.

Unless it's Baker Mayfield, of course.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:23 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d ask for $50 mil per year and wouldn’t take less than $40/yr with big guarantees. He’d be wise to stay in Baltimore where they built the offense for the last several years to suit him, but I wouldn’t take much of a discount either considering how much another team would be willing to fork over if they don’t have a franchise QB.

$40 million a year is way below market value for Lamar. The 2022 contracts for premier QB's have escalated. Rodgers and Watson are over 50 million a year and Watson a running QB has a 100% guarantee (crazy).

Allen got 46 million a year and I think Mahommes is 50 million a year a couple of years back or last year.

I think they Ravens are not happy right now, they are looking at a negotiating nightmare for Lamar and I think they know it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: $40 million a year is way below market value for Lamar. The 2022 contracts for premier QB's have escalated. Rodgers and Watson are over 50 million a year and Watson a running QB has a 100% guarantee (crazy).

Allen got 46 million a year and I think Mahommes is 50 million a year a couple of years back or last year.

I think they Ravens are not happy right now, they are looking at a negotiating nightmare for Lamar and I think they know it.

I’ve seen Watson at $46 mil (which stands out as a bad one to me). Mahomes at $45 mil and now Rodgers at $50 mil being the highest.

Mahomes and Rodgers are SB winners. I wouldn’t put Lamar up there with those two. Watson I think was desperation from Cleveland so I wouldn’t put too much stock in that one. Players will point to it and it’ll raise numbers to an extent but I think it’ll largely be looked at as an outlier.

I think on the open Market Lamar could get $50 mil/yr. On an extension? Maybe a bit less. $40 mil might be too low for him to accept but I bet that’s more where Baltimore is at.
Reply/Quote
what made the afc go so crazy this offseason? Could they not stand the Bengals being the dominant force?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what made the afc go so crazy this offseason? Could they not stand the Bengals being the dominant force?

That’s being discussed. More likely watching what the Bengals did. But the big moves were to keep a QB or get a star QB or a star WR. The draft picks surrendered shocks me.
Reply/Quote