Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Idea with the Browns???
(04-11-2017, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Joe Thomas is a future HOF left tackle and I doubt he would have much interest in not finishing his career in Cleveland.  However, it isn't likely that the Browns will contend over the next two years, which happen to be the last two of his contract.

The Bengals obviously have a huge question mark at LT with Ced Ohowiwhiffedagain.  

Could a player trade involving AJM and, say, the Bengals third round pick be made?  Thomas would essentially be a two-year solution at LT and he would be an amazing addition to this team that can contend right now.  His salary would necessitate the release of Adam Jones, which to me is an added bonus.  Or include him in the trade?  

I know it might not be very realistic, but the Browns jettisoned a lot of high-price talent over the past year, and Thomas will not be there when they are finally ready to compete.  Thoughts?

Would be great for us, but like you said might not be very realistic. We would probably have to offer something besides just AJM.

All i know is if i was Cleveland i wouldn't like it cause AJM needs to be protected more than a quick release QB would.

Losing their HOF LT would be like trading their Ace to get an inside straight. Quite the gamble.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: People completely sleeping on the Jets. I could see us packaging 9 and AJM to the Jets for 6 and their 3rd/4th in a scenario where we need to get in front of Carolina who has a lot of the same needs we do.

Would be all for it as well.

Could definately see this happening.
Reply/Quote