Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Trade Talk: Andre Smith
Bengals Just drafted Fisher and Ogbuehi
Currently at OT we have Whit, Fisher Ogbuehi, Andre, and Winston. Perhaps they re-sign collins if they trade Smith.
This would be assuming we sign Whit to an extension.
2016 OT's would be Whit at LT Ogbuehi or Fisher at RT and the other would be the swing backup.

Giants O-line is a mess. They just lost their starting left tackle for 5-6 months.
If Jake Fisher proves he is beast, let the Bengals try to get something in return for Andre Smith other than a Comp pick.
I know he's rehabbing. By all accounts he should be ready for the season. He looks in Monster Shape. So why would you want to trade him? IDK! Just a fun thread.

So seeing as the Giants need a LT...They could swing Erek Flowers to LT. Plug Smith in at RT.

Now what do you want back from the Giants? Something reasonable. Draft Pick, Player? (Not Eli Manning, Or Beckham or Cruz. That will never happen.)
I don't really know the Giants roster so well. Honestly I don't think they really have any specific player the Bengals want that they would give up.
So...for me it'd be at least a 2nd Round draft pick. Better than a comp pick.

If you know another team that needs a tackle that has a player or two...Who would you trade Andre Smith for?
Make it somewhat realistic. (Yes I know the idea itself is not realistic but go with it)
Its the offseason and we are bored!)
Reply/Quote
No one would give up a 2nd round pick for an oft-injured RT, in a contract year coming off surgery.

Maybe Al Davis, but he's dead.

If they had a malcontent NT or edge rusher they'd want to swap then I'd be all for it.
Reply/Quote
Like the thought, wouldn't mind shipping him off for something of value to us...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I doubt we'd trade him unless someone offers up something that blows Marvin and Mike away.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If Andre is close to the shape they have been saying he is in.. we might as well benefit from his contract season... But it would all depend on what was offered.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:07 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Bengals Just drafted Fisher and Oga Booga (Still can't get used to his name.)
Currently at OT we have Whit, Fisher Oga Booga, Andre, and Winston. Perhaps they re-sign collins if they trade Smith.
2016 OT's would be Whit at LT   Ooga Booga or Fisher at RT and the other would be the swing backup.

Giants O-line is a mess. They just lost their starting left tackle for 5-6 months.
If Jake Fisher proves he is beast, let the Bengals try to get something in return for Andre Smith other than a Comp pick.
I know he's rehabbing. By all accounts he should be ready for the season. He looks in Monster Shape. So why would you want to trade him? IDK! Just a fun thread.

So seeing as the Giants need a LT...They could swing Erek Flowers to LT. Plug Smith in at RT.

Now what do you want back from the Giants? Something reasonable. Draft Pick, Player? (Not Eli Manning, Or Beckham or Cruz. That will never happen.)
I don't really know the Giants roster so well. Honestly I don't think they really have any specific player the Bengals want that they would give up.

If you know another team that needs a tackle that has a player or two...Who would you trade Andre Smith for?
Make it somewhat realistic. (Yes I know the idea itself is not realistic but go with it)

Tiger That's funny! I just posted basically the same thing in the "Jake Fisher signs" thread...Cool
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Your not getting a 2nd for Andre in a contract year. Now I'd send him there for a 3rd or 4th if Fisher looks good early plug him in sign Collins back as the swing tackle.
Reply/Quote
I think they should keep an open mind to it. Never got why teams in the NFL do not trade players when they know there not going to sign them in the off season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, trading Andre Smith makes total sense - if you care nothing about winning games this season.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 07:16 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Yeah, trading Andre Smith makes total sense - if you care nothing about winning games this season.

Back this up. Can't just make a strong statement like that with no proof.

Winston was a good RT for 3-4 games last season. Let him play until Fisher is ready to start.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 05:02 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt we'd trade him unless someone offers up something that blows Marvin and Mike away.

Well, the Raiders DID trade a first round pick and a second rounder for Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I'd keep Andre this year, I doubt we would get much for him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 08:18 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Back this up. Can't just make a strong statement like that with no proof.

Winston was a good RT for 3-4 games last season. Let him play until Fisher is ready to start.

I'll play hypothetical with you! If the Bengals could get something good (other than a draft pick) in return for Andre Smith, trading him would absolutely make sense. As to your idea of him going to the Gmen, I don't know what they have to offer, I'm not really familiar with their roster or cap situation.

I can definitely see the angle that you are coming from, since the Bengals seem to have cornered the market on Tackles, so to speak.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't see that kind of trade happening...realistically, he's only played roughly 55 games in his career to date out of a possible 80...? There is always something wrong with him. Additionally he's going to be looking for a healthy contract, you know this. Bengals didn't pick up his option, he's got a chip on his shoulder for that I'm sure...will it do any good? Who knows...can he stay healthy? Bengals drafted 2 T(s)...the organization is already looking ahead.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Mike Brown is too focused on compensatory picks to trade any starters in the last year of their contracts. With both tackles, both safeties, and both starting WRs in the last year of their deals, I can see next offseason resulting in even more/better additional picks than this year's draft.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:07 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Bengals Just drafted Fisher and Oga Booga (Still can't get used to his name.)
Currently at OT we have Whit, Fisher Oga Booga, Andre, and Winston. Perhaps they re-sign collins if they trade Smith.
2016 OT's would be Whit at LT   Ooga Booga or Fisher at RT and the other would be the swing backup.

Hey man, i think this is a good thought. With the Obewi and Fisher selections it definately
makes you think and more than about just Whit with how great he was last year. Bigger
picture going on here.

But i don't know about the G-men's roster right now, i was up to date until last year.

Need more info about the dudes they have brought in there, so much can change in one
year. Andre is a damn fine RT though and i would rather sign him but we have to keep
all of our options open with all of our talented Tackles we now have.
Reply/Quote
Like the idea, but we all know it's unlikely to happen.

I'd trade Andre for a draft pick. I'd even be cool with a 3rd or 4th, as we have no comp picks coming next year.

I agree with OP that Winston could probably hold the fort down until Fisher is ready. Heck, Fisher could be ready to start the year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like the idea, but we all know it's unlikely to happen.

I'd trade Andre for a draft pick. I'd even be cool with a 3rd or 4th, as we have no comp picks coming next year.

I agree with OP that Winston could probably hold the fort down until Fisher is ready. Heck, Fisher could be ready to start the year.

Really good hand use and placement. Best athlete on the OL right now.
Has some dawg to his game. Needs to get better rolling his hips in blocks, transferring the lower body drive into the hands.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 11:10 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Really good hand use and placement. Best athlete on the OL right now.
Has some dawg to his game. Needs to get better rolling his hips in blocks, transferring the lower body drive into the hands.

Loved that pick and thought we got a great value there. They started a 4th rounder at Center last year (a really tough position to learn with calls and adjustments), so I think Fisher could possibly work from day 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't want to trade him in his contract year. This is the year he will do really, really well so he can up the price and go to the highest bidder next year. I doubt he's a Bengal next year, so let's take advantage of this year.
Reply/Quote