Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Trade Talk: Andre Smith
(05-20-2015, 11:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Loved that pick and thought we got a great value there. They started a 4th rounder at Center last year (a really tough position to learn with calls and adjustments), so I think Fisher could possibly work from day 1.

If they give him a fair shot, he could start at center IMO.

He'll be better than our first rounder.
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised. I expect we will ir oogie boogie and start the season with fisher backing up smith and whit. If smith doesn't resign, or spends the season injured, or if whit needs to slide to guard in 2016, then fisher will be in a position to compete for the spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While it's a very interesting idea, and perhaps it does land the team an extra draft pick, I would hold off till after camp is rolling along. Competition is never a bad thing. Perhaps Andre gets fired up about the two youngsters and works his tail off to keep his job.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 12:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While it's a very interesting idea, and perhaps it does land the team an extra draft pick, I would hold off till after camp is rolling along. Competition is never a bad thing. Perhaps Andre gets fired up about the two youngsters and works his tail off to keep his job.

That would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 09:17 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I think Mike Brown is too focused on compensatory picks to trade any starters in the last year of them contracts. With both tackles, both safeties, and both starting WRs in the last year of their deals, I can see next offseason resulting in even more/better additional picks than this year's draft.

I waited to see if someone else was going to mention it. You win! (Rep)

If Andre plays well this season and is not re-signed he is likely the highest compensatory pick in 2017 (3rd rounder) that is available based his dollars.

To give him up this year for the same thing, only one season sooner, but lose your starting RT would be ludicrous IMHO. It isn't that I don't like scenarios where you look for unconventional ways to help the team, but I just don't see it here. He is in his contract year. Ride the wave of his desire to get a fat (sorry, Andre) contract elsewhere next season.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:07 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Bengals Just drafted Fisher and Oga Booga (Still can't get used to his name.)
Currently at OT we have Whit, Fisher Oga Booga, Andre, and Winston. Perhaps they re-sign collins if they trade Smith.
This would be assuming we sign Whit to an extension.
2016 OT's would be Whit at LT   Ooga Booga or Fisher at RT and the other would be the swing backup.

Giants O-line is a mess. They just lost their starting left tackle for 5-6 months.
If Jake Fisher proves he is beast, let the Bengals try to get something in return for Andre Smith other than a Comp pick.
I know he's rehabbing. By all accounts he should be ready for the season. He looks in Monster Shape. So why would you want to trade him? IDK! Just a fun thread.

So seeing as the Giants need a LT...They could swing Erek Flowers to LT. Plug Smith in at RT.

Now what do you want back from the Giants? Something reasonable. Draft Pick, Player? (Not Eli Manning, Or Beckham or Cruz. That will never happen.)
I don't really know the Giants roster so well. Honestly I don't think they really have any specific player the Bengals want that they would give up.
So...for me it'd be at least a 2nd Round draft pick. Better than a comp pick.

If you know another team that needs a tackle that has a player or two...Who would you trade Andre Smith for?
Make it somewhat realistic. (Yes I know the idea itself is not realistic but go with it)
Its the offseason and we are bored!)

Please don't call him Ooga Booga. That seems painfully racist.

He may not be South American (would be more accurate racism due to some South Americans' tribal environments), but he is African. His parents immigrated here from Nigeria, hence the African name. Ogbuehi isn't a difficult name.

I know you don't mean to be racist, but it just comes off that way.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 08:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Please don't call him Ooga Booga. That seems painfully racist.

He may not be South American (would be more accurate racism due to some South Americans' tribal environments), but he is African. His parents immigrated here from Nigeria, hence the African name. Ogbuehi isn't a difficult name.

I apologize. I will strive to learn to type his name. I copy and pasted his name from your post. Fixed. I thought Rey Malaugas name was tough.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 08:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Please don't call him Ooga Booga. That seems painfully racist.

Can we call him Oogie Boogie?

[Image: Ooogiedisney.png]

Might be a catchy nickname. Cool

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 12:29 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can we call him Oogie Boogie?

[Image: Ooogiedisney.png]

Might be a catchy nickname.  Cool

I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:07 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Bengals Just drafted Fisher and Ogbuehi
Currently at OT we have Whit, Fisher Ogbuehi, Andre, and Winston. Perhaps they re-sign collins if they trade Smith.
This would be assuming we sign Whit to an extension.
2016 OT's would be Whit at LT  Ogbuehi or Fisher at RT and the other would be the swing backup.

Giants O-line is a mess. They just lost their starting left tackle for 5-6 months.
If Jake Fisher proves he is beast, let the Bengals try to get something in return for Andre Smith other than a Comp pick.
I know he's rehabbing. By all accounts he should be ready for the season. He looks in Monster Shape. So why would you want to trade him? IDK! Just a fun thread.

So seeing as the Giants need a LT...They could swing Erek Flowers to LT. Plug Smith in at RT.

Now what do you want back from the Giants? Something reasonable. Draft Pick, Player? (Not Eli Manning, Or Beckham or Cruz. That will never happen.)
I don't really know the Giants roster so well. Honestly I don't think they really have any specific player the Bengals want that they would give up.
So...for me it'd be at least a 2nd Round draft pick. Better than a comp pick.

If you know another team that needs a tackle that has a player or two...Who would you trade Andre Smith for?
Make it somewhat realistic. (Yes I know the idea itself is not realistic but go with it)
Its the offseason and we are bored!)

Ogbuehi likely won't play at all this year and Fisher is raw in pass protection. Smith is securely with this team this year I believe.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 04:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No one would give up a 2nd round pick for an oft-injured RT, in a contract year coming off surgery.

Maybe Al Davis, but he's dead.

If they had a malcontent NT or edge rusher they'd want to swap then I'd be all for it.

While I am not a huge fan of paying Smith a huge contract next season let us not forget that when healthy he has been rated near the top of the league by most databases when it comes to the RT position. I would not be surprised at all to see a 2nd round selection offered for him. Matter of fact I would not be surprised to see a late 1st rounder offered for him were he put on the block.
Reply/Quote