Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy playoff possibility
So I was on the playoff simulator, just messing around with the games and I noticed something a little odd that I don't have time to delve into.

But, if Tampa Bay beats Carolina next week, and we beat the Ravens and the Broncos beat the Chargers, for some reason, the simulator puts the Bengals as the 2nd seed.

Also, if the Panthers do end up winning that game, but the Texans win against the Jaguars, the Titans beat the Colts and the Rams beat the 49ers, the Bengals also get the 2nd seed.

Is the program glitching out, or are there some weird, bizarre, nonsensical head to heads that I don't understand?

Because, I thought head to head was the #1 tiebreaker in playoff seeding, but the program indicates something else could affect the seeding, even if both teams end 12-4.

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it has to be a glitch, but it's kind of interesting.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Reply/Quote
It's a glitch. Out only hope for a bye now is to beat the Rats and have the Chargers beat Denver. Right...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:54 AM)Joelist Wrote: It's a glitch. Out only hope for a bye now is to beat the Rats and have the Chargers beat Denver. Right...

Which could very well happen.

I do believe that the Bengals can rest their starters next week against the Ravens and still win while the Broncos have a letdown game against the Chargers after a long emotional win against the Bengals.

I'm not holding my breath though, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Don't hurt yourself the 2nd seed is gone.

Reply/Quote
It's a glitch. The Bengals need to win and the Broncos need to lose
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:30 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's a glitch. The Bengals need to win and the Broncos need to lose

at least we have a shot  Ninja
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:53 AM)magikod Wrote: at least we have a shot  Ninja

Ya know, I said the same thing on twitter when the Broncos went for that kick at the end of regulation.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Carolina vs Tampa is NFC has zero to do with AFC scenarios
Reply/Quote
We don't have to win in week 17 to get a bye. If Denver loses and KC wins we get the #2 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:02 AM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: We don't have to win in week 17 to get a bye. If Denver loses and KC wins we get the #2 seed.

Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
If the much more talented Bengals who played great 3 quarters (Q1+Q2 + 1/2 of Q3 and 1/2 of Q4) could not beat the Broncos - I severely doubt the Chargers will. Slim chance. It is what it is.

AJ-Mac played well enough that I have at least some confidence he can win against the RatTURDS and "maybe" a playoff game. Prior to last night - I had zero confidence in that.
Reply/Quote