Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit to the Bengals D
Cincy D stepped up big time today. Lamar looked awful the entire game thanks to them.

We got lucky with a lot of dropped picks by you guys. See you all week 17.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you would have told me that we would held Lamar in check both in the passing game and running game I would have thought we would have won this one or at least covered.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bengals had people in Lamar's face all day and stayed disciplined. Becoming clear that the Ravens are messing with the passing game too much. It's a long season but they need to simplify things. Also the Bengals looked unprepared on blitz pickup and Burrow paid for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Bengals had people in Lamar's face all day and stayed disciplined. Becoming clear that the Ravens are messing with the passing game too much. It's a long season but they need to simplify things. Also the Bengals looked unprepared on blitz pickup and Burrow paid for it.

Yea, I'd hate to see Burrow get the Boller treatment. Promising, strong armed QB get demolished his first few seasons due to a terrible o line. 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:29 PM)J24 Wrote: If you would have told me that we would held Lamar in check both in the passing game and running game  I would have thought we would have won this one or at least covered.

Fortunately our D will always make plays. I'm about to order a Patrick Queen jersey. 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, I'd hate to see Burrow get the Boller treatment. Promising, strong armed QB get demolished his first few seasons due to a terrible o line.

That right there is all you need to know about how bad Bengals ownership is and how clueless they are in how to build a championship team. 

Hire a position coach to lead your team, who's had zero success in even calling plays in a couple other places--simply because he was on Sean McVay's staff--gather some good skill players, draft the consensus #1OA QB in the draft and throw a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen in front of them to "protect" him. 

Someone in Cincinnati really pissed someone off for this city to have such shitty professional baseball and football franchises for so long. 

It's almost beyond comprehension and seeminly impossible. But not for this place. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That right there is all you need to know about how bad Bengals ownership is and how clueless they are in how to build a championship team. 

Hire a position coach to lead your team, who's had zero success in even calling plays in a couple other places--simply because he was on Sean McVay's staff--gather some good skill players, draft the consensus #1OA QB in the draft and throw a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen in front of them to "protect" him. 

Someone in Cincinnati really pissed someone off for this city to have such shitty professional baseball and football franchises for so long. 

It's almost beyond comprehension and seeminly impossible. But not for this place. 

I understand how you feel because of my Orioles, I love baseball season. The Bengals players played hard today. I can see why a lot of you don't like Zac. That was a total wuss move at the end to kick a FG. If the score was 30-13 he wouldn't have done that. It was 4th & 6. Most of us watch a lot of football and know coaches almost always go for it in those situations. 

I'm not mad about the shutout, doesn't change how well our defense played. But if I was a Bengals fan I'd be pissed. What kind of message does it send? Do you really need to see if Bullock can kick a 38 yarder? Do you think it makes Burrow feel better that he scored 3 points? No, Burrow doesn't have that kind of mentality. The coach shouldn't either. He should show confidence in Joe to score and give him a chance to leave the game on a high note.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:41 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Bengals had people in Lamar's face all day and stayed disciplined. Becoming clear that the Ravens are messing with the passing game too much. It's a long season but they need to simplify things. Also the Bengals looked unprepared on blitz pickup and Burrow paid for it.

Unprepared? They looked like they weren’t aware you could send more than four. I’ve never seen anything like it.

But I’ll add, when you have safeties blitzing from the outside, that’s the QBs job to see that. The O line doesn’t block that unless there’s a TE there. Either the RB gets him or you throw to the vacated spot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:24 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I understand how you feel because of my Orioles, I love baseball season. The Bengals players played hard today. I can see why a lot of you don't like Zac. That was a total wuss move at the end to kick a FG. If the score was 30-13 he wouldn't have done that. It was 4th & 6. Most of us watch a lot of football and know coaches almost always go for it in those situations. 

I'm not mad about the shutout, doesn't change how well our defense played. But if I was a Bengals fan I'd be pissed. What kind of message does it send? Do you really need to see if Bullock can kick a 38 yarder? Do you think it makes Burrow feel better that he scored 3 points? No, Burrow doesn't have that kind of mentality. The coach shouldn't either. He should show confidence in Joe to score and give him a chance to leave the game on a high note.

You say you understand. Everyone says they understand. 

Just try to imagine the Ravens being as bad as the Orioles, for the last 30 years, with only a couple exceptions in making the playoffs, only to lose everyone of them in the first round, while being the unquestioned laughingstock of the league for 12 consecutive years and now surpassing the Browns for futility in the last 4+ seasons.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 10:24 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I understand how you feel because of my Orioles, I love baseball season. The Bengals players played hard today. I can see why a lot of you don't like Zac. That was a total wuss move at the end to kick a FG. If the score was 30-13 he wouldn't have done that. It was 4th & 6. Most of us watch a lot of football and know coaches almost always go for it in those situations. 

Yeah. It was a ***** move. I think they ran it on 3rd down instead of throwing in the EZ, then kicked it. I wanted to fly to Baltimore and punch him in the face. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:42 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You say you understand. Everyone says they understand. 

Just try to imagine the Ravens being as bad as the Orioles, for the last 30 years, with only a couple exceptions in making the playoffs, only to lose everyone of them in the first round, while being the unquestioned laughingstock of the league for 12 consecutive years and now surpassing the Browns for futility in the last 4+ seasons.

Stay strong Bengals fans, you got a good one in Joe. Forget about the defense for now. Put all your resources in the Oline and find a good offensive coordinator and it will be a competitive team.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:48 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Stay strong Bengals fans, you got a good one in Joe. Forget about the defense for now. Put all your resources in the Oline and find a good offensive coordinator and it will be a competitive team.

Most Bengals fans know where the issues are and what could be done to try and fix it. 

Problem is, Mike Brown doesn't believe in paying good Olinemen. It's why so many have walked/retired in the last 15 years. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/31/league-invests-guards-bengals-arent-buying/99873734/
That may be Marv's mouth moving, but it's Mike Brown's hand up his butt doing the manipulating. 

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the link. Marvin is doing some PR damage control for MB there for sure. He makes it seem like a black & white issue though, not seeing the grey. Personally, I don't think it's good practice to set the market paying guards or RBs or other non premium positions. But there's a happy medium to be had.

For this year's Bengals, you have a QB just starting his rookie contract. So it would've been a good time to invest in an Olineman or two just for stability. You wouldn't have had to break the bank, look at how little we gave Fluker. I'm a big believer on building around your best players and keeping your strengths extra strong. Sucks. I know I'm not saying anything that a lot of you already feel. Seems like some common sense is lacking for sure.
Reply/Quote
Such a love fest. I thought this was smack talk!

You guys suck! You shoulda dropped 50 on us!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:12 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Such a love fest. I thought this was smack talk!

You guys suck! You shoulda dropped 50 on us!

Ok then. 

Hey Corn! Peas are better! Especially mixed with mashed potatoes! Wait is green corn another name for peas? Either way, boo on you! Cool

Btw- I guess you noticed our lack of identity on offense. The press conferences were negative, Lamar and Andrews ain't happy. Up 17 early and Dobbins gets one carry all game. I know Lamar's banged up but we're not running like we should be.
Reply/Quote

No

I can see him standing there saying "ok coach" while thinking gawd this guys a punk.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 01:38 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Ok then. 

Hey Corn! Peas are better! Especially mixed with mashed potatoes! Wait is green corn another name for peas? Either way, boo on you! Cool

Btw- I guess you noticed our lack of identity on offense. The press conferences were negative, Lamar and Andrews ain't happy. Up 17 early and Dobbins gets one carry all game. I know Lamar's banged up but we're not running like we should be.

Andrews was uncoverable like the stench between yo mommas legs!
Reply/Quote
The final score was about just as expected.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Most Bengals fans know where the issues are and what could be done to try and fix it. 

Problem is, Mike Brown doesn't believe in paying good Olinemen. It's why so many have walked/retired in the last 15 years. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/31/league-invests-guards-bengals-arent-buying/99873734/
That may be Marv's mouth moving, but it's Mike Brown's hand up his butt doing the manipulating. 

I remember seeing the below on TV and wondering how you all keep from putting a gun to your heads.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 02:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I remember seeing the below on TV and wondering how you all keep from putting a gun to your heads.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908 

I have a CCW and carry and so far, i've managed to keep it in my holster. 

P.S. Been meaning to ask you. Were you in Disney around Christmas this past December?

Reply/Quote