Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit where it is due
While the run blocking still left something to be desired, the pass blocking looked great today. The bills only had 4 total qb hits and 1 sack. If they can keep that up and improve run blocking....look out.

We are Right back in this division, whodathunkit?

WHO DEY

Reply/Quote
That is a good point. The Bills only allowed 1 passing TD going into today too...so the pass offense is promising.

We're going to need Ross or Eifert at some point. IF Boyd is seriously injured, Erickson isn't going to cut it as the 3rd option.
Reply/Quote
Agreed.

The bulls have a formidable defense as well.

The offensive progress overall is encouraging
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  

The bulls have a formidable defense as well.    

The offensive progress overall is encouraging

Even time of possession. Bengals 388 yards, Bills 221. Pretty strong.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That is a good point. The Bills only allowed 1 passing TD going into today too...so the pass offense is promising.

We're going to need Ross or Eifert at some point. IF Boyd is seriously injured, Erickson isn't going to cut it as the 3rd option.

Erickson seems to answer whenever he is asked to preform and he is faster then Boyd just needs reps and the trust of the QB. 

Coming into the game I heard a lot about the D line of the Bills our guys held up pretty good. Run game still needs help but can not fix every problem in three games. Few more weeks under Lazor should help we get a win against Pitt and its game on.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: While the run blocking still left something to be desired, the pass blocking looked great today. The bills only had 4 total qb hits and 1 sack. If they can keep that up and improve run blocking....look out.

WHO DEY

Regardless of the (lack of) talent on the OL, the should improve as the year goes on.  That's not to say they still won't be a weakness, but OL chemistry is huge and we have a lot of new starters.

It's amazing that we are somehow still in the hunt for the division.  The Browns are still trash.  The Ravens are a complete Jeckyl and Hyde team.  Pittsburgh has egos running out of control and Big Ben seems to have finally deteriorated into Has Ben.
Reply/Quote
Using a true full back might help the running game. The TEs gave up the edge a lot which resulted in negative plays. A decent FB might give Mixon some room to get going.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: While the run blocking still left something to be desired, the pass blocking looked great today. The bills only had 4 total qb hits and 1 sack. If they can keep that up and improve run blocking....look out.

WHO DEY
Rock On

(10-08-2017, 11:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Even time of possession. Bengals 388 yards, Bills 221. Pretty strong.

I love this Defense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Agreed, thought the pass blocking was adequate. Not sure if the run issues are schematic or poor blocking. But with no run game...Green is so much more important. Once again, if he goes down the season goes down. He's the whole offense at times
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:29 AM)Brimey Wrote: Agreed, thought the pass blocking was adequate. Not sure if the run issues are schematic or poor blocking. But with no run game...Green is so much more important. Once again, if he goes down the season goes down. He's the whole offense at times

Think you just nailed it Brimey.

Run game starts in the trenches and our best Offensive weapon needs help.

Offensive line is looking better though and atleast Kroft has been stepping up some.

If one of Ross, Core or Malone can come in and do something this team could do something special this year IMHO.

Just don't extend Marv regardless.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:29 AM)Brimey Wrote: Agreed, thought the pass blocking was adequate. Not sure if the run issues are schematic or poor blocking. But with no run game...Green is so much more important. Once again, if he goes down the season goes down. He's the whole offense at times

Andy gets a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to AJ wish he would spread the ball around a bit more. He is just building up confidence now from the first two games hopefully it continues and we work some other WR into the picture. Its coming along slowly with the other wide outs. The TE RB and AJ are carrying us right now in the passing game if we can get the other WR into the game plan more it will only make us stronger and harder to defend against. Love to get a speed guy going that can take top off the D. Andys deep ball looked pretty good today.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you just nailed it Brimey.

Run game starts in the trenches and our best Offensive weapon needs help.

Offensive line is looking better though and atleast Kroft has been stepping up some.

If one of Ross, Core or Malone can come in and do something this team could do something special this year IMHO.

Just don't extend Marv regardless.
Kroft has been pretty good and Uzomah has made a few grabs. I think as a result of that, the decision on Eifert may be easier in the off season. Either you resign him at a bargain or let him walk. 
Then take the savings and grab a Free Agent Center  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:39 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy gets a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to AJ wish he would spread the ball around a bit more. He is just building up confidence now from the first two games hopefully it continues and we work some other WR into the picture. Its coming along slowly with the other wide outs. The TE RB and AJ are carrying us right now in the passing game if we can get the other WR into the game plan more it will only make us stronger and harder to defend against. Love to get a speed guy going that can take top off the D. Andys deep ball looked pretty good today.

Not sure if you saw the game today but he spread it around to 7 different guys and it would have been 8 if Carter hadn't dropped a ball. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:39 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy gets a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to AJ wish he would spread the ball around a bit more. He is just building up confidence now from the first two games hopefully it continues and we work some other WR into the picture. Its coming along slowly with the other wide outs. The TE RB and AJ are carrying us right now in the passing game if we can get the other WR into the game plan more it will only make us stronger and harder to defend against. Love to get a speed guy going that can take top off the D. Andys deep ball looked pretty good today.

I really want to see Ross. Suddenly he seems like he wouldn't be a "luxury" on this roster, but a very necessary added weapon in the passing game. I appreciate them trying to get Lafell involved, but not sure shovel passes are the way to go about it
Reply/Quote

For sure, Ross, Core or Malone need to show up.

Erickson is awesome but i feel he is more of a Slot Receiver and of course a good returner.

Keep that guy where he is.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure if you saw the game today but he spread it around to 7 different guys and it would have been 8 if Carter hadn't dropped a ball. 

Yeah, I'd like to see more out of the receivers though. He tried to force one to Lafell in the end zone late. I thought AD played an excellent game, but veteran QBs can NOT make throws like that. That was just dumb and I'm sure he knows it
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:45 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, Ross, Core or Malone need to show up.

Erickson is awesome but i feel he is more of a Slot Receiver and of course a good returner.

Keep that guy where he is.

They tried to get Erickson involved, with the slowest developing double reverse you'll ever see. It was as if the Bills just stood there politely waiting for the ball to come back across the field so they could make the tackle for a 5 yard loss
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:12 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Erickson seems to answer whenever he is asked to preform and he is faster then Boyd just needs reps and the trust of the QB. 

Coming into the game I heard a lot about the D line of the Bills our guys held up pretty good. Run game still needs help but can not fix every problem in three games. Few more weeks under Lazor should help we get a win against Pitt and its game on.

I'd like to see Bernard get some reps in the slot and just leave Mixon and Hill to run it inside.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:49 AM)Brimey Wrote: They tried to get Erickson involved, with the slowest developing double reverse you'll ever see. It was as if the Bills just stood there politely waiting for the ball to come back across the field so they could make the tackle for a 5 yard loss

If Green would have kept it the plain old reverse would have worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:49 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd like to see Bernard get some reps in the slot and just leave Mixon and Hill to run it inside.

That is what i love about these two. Either Gio or Joe can play Receiver.

Honestly don't want Jeremeh getting many snaps. Just predictable.
Reply/Quote