Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit where it is due
(10-09-2017, 12:49 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd like to see Bernard get some reps in the slot and just leave Mixon and Hill to run it inside.

Would be an awesome solution to get Gio on the field and really mess up some defensive assignments  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:49 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I'd like to see Bernard get some reps in the slot and just leave Mixon and Hill to run it inside.

Yeah, if I had any criticism of Lazor today, it's I just feel Gio is underutilized at times. He made a great pick up on a blitz at one point that I saw, that won't show up on the stats sheet. 

Other than Green, Gio is our most explosive weapon. He has to get touches, and Lazor needs to get creative on ways to get him in space 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure if you saw the game today but he spread it around to 7 different guys and it would have been 8 if Carter hadn't dropped a ball. 

Lafell 5 catches 32 yards
Erickson 1 catch 12 yards
Boyd 2 catches 6 yards

Between all your WR not named AJ 8 catches for 50 yards lil over 5 yards a pop. These guys are a lot better then those numbers it was raining today so I am just hoping for better production out of the other WR as the year goes on. Its a work in progress Lazor will have this team rolling by the end of the year I am pretty certain. The catches was decent but the yards was not so great from the other WR. I am sure the rain had a lot to do with it lets hope for snow or dry weather cause we will be a passing team for awhile till the blocking improves.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:39 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy gets a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to AJ wish he would spread the ball around a bit more. He is just building up confidence now from the first two games hopefully it continues and we work some other WR into the picture. Its coming along slowly with the other wide outs. The TE RB and AJ are carrying us right now in the passing game if we can get the other WR into the game plan more it will only make us stronger and harder to defend against. Love to get a speed guy going that can take top off the D. Andys deep ball looked pretty good today.

(10-09-2017, 01:08 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lafell 5 catches 32 yards
Boyd 2 catches 6 yards

Between all your WR not named AJ 8 catches for 50 yards lil over 5 yards a pop. These guys are a lot better then those numbers it was raining today so I am just hoping for better production out of the other WR as the year goes on. Its a work in progress Lazor will have this team rolling by the end of the year I am pretty certain. The catches was decent but the yards was not so great from the other WR. I am sure the rain had a lot to do with it lets hope for snow or dry weather cause we will be a passing team for awhile till the blocking improves.

So...it's not a tunnel vision issue?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:58 AM)Brimey Wrote: Yeah, if I had any criticism of Lazor today, it's I just feel Gio is underutilized at times. He made a great pick up on a blitz at one point that I saw, that won't show up on the stats sheet. 

Other than Green, Gio is our most explosive weapon. He has to get touches, and Lazor needs to get creative on ways to get him in space 

Gio has been underutilized since Hill took his starting RB job. The thing about Bernard is that he just doesn't have the size to be a starting RB on this team, which plays in the AFC North.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:08 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lafell 5 catches 32 yards
Boyd 2 catches 6 yards

But you aren't factoring the key of a lot of those numbers... LaFell, Erickson, and Kroft all accounted for crucial third down plays that kept two late big clock-eating drives going to ice the game.  Andy got everyone involved today
Reply/Quote
Chemistry is supposed to be a bigger issue than the product we saw of swapping guys out. It may have "worked" as it showed what fear of actually losing your job can do.

I think it was Tasker that said Marvin told them they were trying different guys because it's hard to evaluate players in practice. That comment is so bad on so many levels for the staff to think that way, but we're here. Hopefully they settle on 5 and those 5 don't settle for mediocrity as a goal. The OL played better, but if there were a week to trade for a new starter this is the one..
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:29 AM)Brimey Wrote: Agreed, thought the pass blocking was adequate. Not sure if the run issues are schematic or poor blocking. But with no run game...Green is so much more important. Once again, if he goes down the season goes down. He's the whole offense at times

A.J. Green is so great. It is a pleasure watching him every week. I know he had his problems today but we dont even come close in this game without him.

I just read the an article on S.I. com and they were talking about ODB's injury. They said that he and Antonio Brown were the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL. Lets pretend they did a whole NFL draft right now where all the players were put into the mix. Does anyone take Brown or Beckham over A.J.?  I dont think so.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:58 AM)Brimey Wrote: Yeah, if I had any criticism of Lazor today, it's I just feel Gio is underutilized at times. He made a great pick up on a blitz at one point that I saw, that won't show up on the stats sheet. 

I dont understand why he and Mixon cant be on the field at the same time. Cant they use him kind of like Julian Edelman or is that asking too much from our staff?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not sure if you saw the game today but he spread it around to 7 different guys and it would have been 8 if Carter hadn't dropped a ball. 

He also hit a whopping 9 different receivers against the Browns.

(10-09-2017, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...it's not a tunnel vision issue?

The goal posts are always moving for Dalton. If it's not tunnel vision on AJ, it's that Dalton hurts AJ's numbers. Or he can't throw deep. Or he can't hit guys on the run. His accuracy stinks. No pocket presence. Can't read a defense. Looks rattled in big moments. Weak arm. Throws it away too much. Forces it.

How a dude like that puts up good numbers at all is astounding.

As for the run game, we took the top off with AJ early. We used some physical formations. Still nothing. There is no fancy answer for this problem. The line just sucks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Really glad that they are back winning. As really it is about how you finish. Not really how you start.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That is a good point. The Bills only allowed 1 passing TD going into today too...so the pass offense is promising.

We're going to need Ross or Eifert at some point. IF Boyd is seriously injured, Erickson isn't going to cut it as the 3rd option.

I don't get this. Yes, it would be nice to get Eifert back, but I would take Erickson over Boyd as of now. It seems to me, that when Andy gets to the point he can't force the ball to AJ or LaFell, and remembers Erickson is on the field, that kid constantly bails him out with 3rd down catches. He's faster than greased snot, and has tremendous hands. I didn't understand the thinking here pre season when people were saying he wouldn't make the 53, even though he is the #1 returner in the AFC last year. Erickson is the Rodney Dangerfield of this team, he gets no respect, but the kid can flat out play ball.....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think you just nailed it Brimey.

Run game starts in the trenches and our best Offensive weapon needs help.

Offensive line is looking better though and atleast Kroft has been stepping up some.

If one of Ross, Core or Malone can come in and do something this team could do something special this year IMHO.

Just don't extend Marv regardless.

Lazor seems more adept at getting his TEs involved in the entire game plan.  That play to Carter was WIDE OPEN and a perfect call for that defense, but he dropped it....

They need Ross healthy and Core to take the heat off AJ Green.  I think it will happen.  I have never lost my faith and the team is showing they can beat anyone when they don't have a complete moron running the offense.  

The defense, right now, looks lethal.  I have long said they needed a speed rusher to make everything come together, and now they have it.  Not just one, but three!  Lawson, Willis, and Smith have helped the entire front four with their pass rushing abilities.  Dunlap looks amazing, as does Geno.  Burfict might be the best player on any defense.  

If the offense can keep it up, and maybe take the next step themselves with some more weapons....look out.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:49 AM)Brimey Wrote: They tried to get Erickson involved, with the slowest developing double reverse you'll ever see. It was as if the Bills just stood there politely waiting for the ball to come back across the field so they could make the tackle for a 5 yard loss

They needed to run it to Boyd so he could chuck it deep if they were all just standing there...word is the guy has a beautiful deep pass, a la Mohammed Sanu. 
Reply/Quote

I haven't been able to watch the game yet, but I heard a couple play calls where Mixon and Gio were on the field together.  Need more of that.  Both can rush and both can catch.  Better receiving options than most and a quick open as well. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  

The bulls have a formidable defense as well.    

The offensive progress overall is encouraging

I don't know this bulls team doesn't have jimmy butler, joakim noah, michael jordan, pippin, or rodman. I wasn't too worried Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't get this. Yes, it would be nice to get Eifert back, but I would take Erickson over Boyd as of now. It seems to me, that when Andy gets to the point he can't force the ball to AJ or LaFell, and remembers Erickson is on the field, that kid constantly bails him out with 3rd down catches. He's faster than greased snot, and has tremendous hands. I didn't understand the thinking here pre season when people were saying he wouldn't make the 53, even though he is the #1 returner in the AFC last year. Erickson is the Rodney Dangerfield of this team, he gets no respect, but the kid can flat out play ball.....

You got that right. Almost always makes the big play when needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just don't extend Marv regardless.

Key to the future!

Reply/Quote