Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Criminal Sentencing Question
(07-25-2016, 03:54 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: He won't endanger society at large, but getting straight or getting help in jail maybe iffy.
The only experience I have is visiting an ex GF while she was jailed.Her drug habits never subsided ( while dating me for two years ) Whatever

We do a horrible job of reform in our criminal just system, and many with addictions can come out as bad if not worse than when they went in.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 03:54 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: He won't endanger society at large, but getting straight or getting help in jail maybe iffy.
The only experience I have is visiting an ex GF while she was jailed.Her drug habits never subsided ( while dating me for two years ) Whatever

He WON'T?!

He's in been in prison for extensive time before and still stabbed his brother this time.  He's attacked cops, driven while intoxicated (after my wreck), fought random people, etc.

He needs a boot in his ass that his old man never put there.  I just hope that it's not too late.  I think the best place for him would be the army because, if they can't get him straightened out, no one can.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: We do a horrible job of reform in our criminal just system, and many with addictions can come out as bad if not worse than when they went in.

Except the pedophiles, they get shanked.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: We do a horrible job of reform in our criminal just system, and many with addictions can come out as bad if not worse than when they went in.

That's because he's in KY.  In Ohio we have "rehabilitation" in our name so it's way better. ThumbsUp
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 05:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He WON'T?!

He's in been in prison for extensive time before and still stabbed his brother this time.  He's attacked cops, driven while intoxicated (after my wreck), fought random people, etc.

He needs a boot in his ass that his old man never put there.  I just hope that it's not too late.  I think the best place for him would be the army because, if they can't get him straightened out, no one can.

While this guy is in jail he wont endanger society at large.
Obviously when the stabbing took place, they were in close physical proximity ( were both brothers in jail together ? ) ( I  suspect not ) ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 11:18 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: While this guy is in jail he wont endanger society at large.
Obviously when the stabbing took place, they were in close physical proximity ( were both brothers in jail together ? ) ( I  suspect not ) ThumbsUp

Oh, you meant while he's in jail.  Obviously he won't endanger society at large while he's in jail  ThumbsUp

They weren't in jail together when the stabbing happened, but I know they were at one time.  They might both be in now, but I don't think so.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 12:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Oh, you meant while he's in jail.  Obviously he won't endanger society at large while he's in jail  ThumbsUp

They weren't in jail together when the stabbing happened, but I know they were at one time.  They might both be in now, but I don't think so.

Glad we are on the same page now, confusion is befuddling Sad .
Reply/Quote
Assaulting a guard is a bad idea under the best of circumstances.. They can and often do put you in cells with more violent inmates which is a nice way of letting them do their dirty work for them. I've been locked up more times than I want to admit and it took me awhile to learn to keep my mouth shut in jail, but I did learn.. I haven't been locked up for a good long time (knock on wood)..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: Assaulting a guard is a bad idea under the best of circumstances.. They can and often do put you in cells with more violent inmates which is a nice way of letting them do their dirty work for them.  I've been locked up more times than I want to admit and it took me awhile to learn to keep my mouth shut in jail, but I did learn.. I haven't been locked up for a good long time (knock on wood)..

Good for you........  stay clean and stay out!

I have a feeling that they might have put him in a cell with a more violent/sex craved inmate because, like I said in another post, at least one big black inmate already had his way with him at least once (not being racist there, just needed to point it out because black men are better "equipped" to make the raping worse).

I think I mentioned it, but he once wrote his name in poop on the wall of his cell trying to make them think he was crazy so they'd transfer him out and they just laughed at him.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have a feeling that they might have put him in a cell with a more violent/sex craved inmate because, like I said in another post, at least one big black inmate already had his way with him at least once (not being racist there, just needed to point it out because black men are better "equipped" to make the raping worse).

But to well-hung honkys like myself, this is racist.

Don't make me bring the gape, now.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 06:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  (not being racist there, just needed to point it out because black men are better "equipped" to make the raping worse).

Actually judging an individual based on a racial stereotype is the exact definition of "being racist".

Stereotypes are usually based on some facts.  But they only become racist when you start judging every single individual based on a stereotype.

It is not racists to say that black people are more likely to commit a crime than white people.  But it is racists to say that if a man is black he is a criminal.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually judging an individual based on a racial stereotype is the exact definition of "being racist".

Stereotypes are usually based on some facts.  But they only become racist when you start judging every single individual based on a stereotype.

It is not racists to say that black people are more likely to commit a crime than white people.  But it is racists to say that if a man is black he is a criminal.

What if it's a good stereotype? Is it still racist to use it? "Asians are better at math" vs "Asians are bad drivers". Does the connotation of the stereotype make it racist, or are all generalizations racist?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 02:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually judging an individual based on a racial stereotype is the exact definition of "being racist".

I'm not judging anyone on a stereotype, but I'm simply pointing out the genetic makeup based on fact and personal observation.  

If you did your research instead of playing your Democratic victim card like you always do, you'd realize that there's scientific research to backup the fact that African-Americans have larger penises than whites.

I also know from personally seeing a lot in college.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: If you did your research instead of playing your Democratic victim card like you always do, you'd realize that (1) there's scientific research to backup the fact that African-Americans have larger penises than whites.

(2) I also know from personally seeing a lot in college.

(1): Any chance you have a link to that scientific research? I'm sure more people than just me would love to see how that research was conducted.

(2): Must have been that "experimental phase" you went through while in college.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:09 PM)Beaker Wrote: (1): Any chance you have a link to that scientific research? I'm sure more people than just me would love to see how that research was conducted.

(2): Must have been that "experimental phase" you went through while in college.

1 The problem is there is no such study that has shown that black dudes have bigger dicks. Getting raped is getting raped the size ain't the problem anyway.... I'm also no longer comfortable with this topic.

2 sounds like it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:09 PM)Beaker Wrote: (1): Any chance you have a link to that scientific research? I'm sure more people than just me would love to see how that research was conducted.

(1)  Do a Google search and you'll get lots of results

(2)  No, but none of them were afraid to just drop their drawers while hanging out with a group of people in a dorm room.
(08-04-2016, 03:14 PM)jason Wrote: 1 The problem is there is no such study that has shown that black dudes have bigger dicks. Getting raped is getting raped the size ain't the problem anyway.... I'm also no longer comfortable with this topic.

2 sounds like it.

1  There is or just search Google and find personal testimonials.  While EVERY black penis may not be bigger, it's pretty normal.

2  Nope.  Also, my aid was a football player, so he obviously saw lots of black guys in the showers and he also talked about how much bigger they were.
Reply/Quote
So can we call you BBC Brad now?
Reply/Quote
Google searches does not a study make.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: What if it's a good stereotype? Is it still racist to use it? "Asians are better at math" vs "Asians are bad drivers". Does the connotation of the stereotype make it racist, or are all generalizations racist?

Even when the stereotype is of something that is generally considered positive by most people, it can negatively impact people. For example, what if you are an Asian person who is bad at math. Wouldn't you have additional pressure put on you by teachers and others?

I'll give an example that happened to a good friend of mine. My college friend Matt was very tall (7' 2"). Everywhere he went, it was assumed that he was good at basketball. In fact, he was not. He was pretty freaking lousy. But, that didn't stop people from believing that "with just a little bit of hard work, he could be great!!!" And throughout school, he was repeatedly coerced to join the basketball team and he was repeatedly laughed at and ridiculed by fans. Thus, he hated basketball (violently) and was very self-conscious about his height.  

We all stereotype. But not all of us are open-minded enough to get past the stereotypes and consider the individual. 
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 06:30 PM)jason Wrote: Google searches does not a study make.

Rolleyes

But when a Google search leads you to scientific data, as well as personal stories from experience, it is pretty solid evidence.
Reply/Quote