Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crippled News Network's Three Round Mock!
Crippled News Network's Three Round Mock Draft!

As far as offseason moves, the only one I've considered is signing Geno to a two-year deal. He should be healthy again and can do damage, even if just on passing downs in a rotation. Let him get the sack record here and let him get a ring.

1. Linderbaum, C, Iowa- Linderbaum's a top ten prospect but only falls to us because of lack of need from other teams. I think he will start and should excel in Pollack's zone scheme.

I think this is a steal.

2. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State- with CJ leaving, we need a big target at tight end (6'4, 246) for Burrow to target. Trey's a big target that runs good routes and is fast for a tight end with a 4.53 40 yard dash. He's a good blocker and catches the ball over the middle while taking hits.

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, Texas SA- Blazing fast with a 4.26 40 and he's 6'3! He's a former receiver that has only been playing corner for two years! He has great technique and can jam at the line while also having the ability to make cuts and play receivers tight. He'll be a great corner on the outside and will be a steal if we can grab him here!

I gotta go wave and blow kisses but let me know what you think!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 05:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:
CNN's Three Round Mock Draft!

As far as offseason moves, the only one I've considered is signing Geno to a two-year deal. He should be healthy again and can do damage, even if just on passing downs in a rotation. Let him get the sack record here and let him get a ring.

1. Linderbaum, C, Iowa- Linderbaum's a top ten prospect but only falls to us because of lack of need from other teams. I think he will start and should excel in Pollack's zone scheme.

I think this is a steal.

2. Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State- with CJ leaving, we need a big target at tight end (6'4, 246) for Burrow to target. Trey's a big target that runs good routes and is fast for a tight end with a 4.53 40 yard dash. He's a good blocker and catches the ball over the middle while taking hits.

3. Tariq Woolen, CB, Texas SA- Blazing fast with a 4.26 40 and he's 6'3! He's a former receiver that has only been playing corner for two years! He has great technique and can jam at the line while also having the ability to make cuts and play receivers tight. He'll be a great corner on the outside and will be a steal if we can grab him here!

With his offseason, I don't feel like Woolen will sniff our 2nd pick, let alone our 3rd.

I know everyone has a hard on for TL, but I find it difficult that the FO will give up completely on JC after a 2nd pick last year. Especially with us still having SOME holes on the roster on the D.

And I understand and love the McBride pick but I personally don't see the value to us with how TE is 5th option in our passing game but I could see it since Hurst is only a one year rental.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I think this is a steal.

I really think Geno is unofficially retired. He just recently bought a new house in Georgia, reportedly wasn't happy with this coaching staff in 2020 and is 34 years old. I don't foresee him coming back. I like the draft but I am iffy on Woolen. He's a boom bust guy, which feels like a strange pick to make as a team that is contending for Super Bowls right now. He would likely be a special teamer for a little while as he works on his game. His technique needs refining and for all of his athletic talent, he was brutally exposed against the only halfway decent team he played against all season in WKU. Otherwise, it's great. I would love to hander McBride and Linderbaum.
Reply/Quote

I think this is a steal.

The Ravens will draft Linderbaum he fits into what they like to do and they lost Bozeman to FA. They like to build up their OL. I definitely see us drafting a TE on day 2. I know Woolen needs some work but he'll be gone in round 2 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 05:56 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: With his offseason, I don't feel like Woolen will sniff our 2nd pick, let alone our 3rd.

I know everyone has a hard on for TL, but I find it difficult that the FO will give up completely on JC after a 2nd pick last year. Especially with us still having SOME holes on the roster on the D.

And I understand and love the McBride pick but I personally don't see the value to us with how TE is 5th option in our passing game but I could see it since Hurst is only a one year rental.
Yeah, I doubt Woolen makes it to our third, but wishful thinking never hurt.

I just feel like they'll draft TL for development, if nothing else, because, like I said, next year's class is weak. We could pray for a free agent, but might not want to risk waiting on a prayer.

I feel like tight end will be more valuable this year with us having a good offensive line because defenses will know they have to cover longer and they'll sell-out to cover the receivers on the outside, leaving the middle and up the seams wide open for McBride. I just think he brings another element to our offense that defenses have to be concerned with.
(04-04-2022, 06:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I really think Geno is unofficially retired. He just recently bought a new house in Georgia, reportedly wasn't happy with this coaching staff in 2020 and is 34 years old. I don't foresee him coming back. I like the draft but I am iffy on Woolen. He's a boom bust guy, which feels like a strange pick to make as a team that is contending for Super Bowls right now. He would likely be a special teamer for a little while as he works on his game. His technique needs refining and for all of his athletic talent, he was brutally exposed against the only halfway decent team he played against all season in WKU. Otherwise, it's great. I would love to hander McBride and Linderbaum.
I'm hoping Geno's not retired and comes back. A lot of players have houses in other cities for the offseason. A one or two year deal should help him want to come back for a shot at a ring or two.

Woolen has likely been working with pros on his technique and, like I said, hasn't been playing the position too long. I think he could be a steal.
(04-04-2022, 07:00 PM)pulses Wrote: The Ravens will draft Linderbaum he fits into what they like to do and they lost Bozeman to FA. They like to build up their OL. I definitely see us drafting a TE on day 2. I know Woolen needs some work but he'll be gone in round 2 IMO.

Buzz kill............. 
Reply/Quote