Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cris Collinsworth
(12-12-2015, 03:25 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: LOL!!!   why what did he do to you ????  LOL...  

Any former Bengals player that's become such a huge Steelers honk is dead to me. As far as i know, he's the only one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's always seemed like most of the folks who bash Chad loved Palmer. Go figure. Chad was always viewed as an excellent route runner until 2010. Then Carson threw his arms up in disgust after a couple INT's and suddenly rumors about Chad "freelancing routes" grew out of control. Of course most of those rumors were started by Carson fans trying to explain away the 20 INTs and 5 pick-sixes that year.

Sure, Chad freelanced some routes, but most great WRs do. I read an article once where Drew Brees said that Colston freelances all the time, and that vet WRs are encouraged to do so. He'd see things on the field and make adjustments. Drew had trust and chemistry with him to know where he'd be. Chad and Carson were together for 8 years. They should've had plenty of trust and chemistry together.

Who you want to blame that on probably depends on who you like more. In reality, it was probably both their faults.

Chad was never a good route runner, when he was in his prime he was able to cover that up with athletic ability. There's a reason he had about 2 targets in New England.  As for ranking the receivers, it's difficult because players like Pickens, Collinsworth, Curtis etc all played when the DB's mugged the receivers all the way down the field and the safeties could just blow them up. Green, and the other receivers in the game today are afforded much more protection. It's not really the same game. Not to mention, if anyone ever walked on the Astroturf in Riverfront, they might as well have been playing on concrete.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Any former Bengals player that's become such a huge Steelers honk is dead to me. As far as i know, he's the only one.

This^^^^ He's one of the worst steelers d1(k riders in the media. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Any former Bengals player that's become such a huge Steelers honk is dead to me. As far as i know, he's the only one.

(12-12-2015, 11:59 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: This^^^^ He's one of the worst steelers d1(k riders in the media. 

Tell it! Last Sunday night he sounded like he was getting ready to climax every time he talked about them. Screw that guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Tell it! Last Sunday night he sounded like he was getting ready to climax every time he talked about them. Screw that guy.

Ya. Then again, he gets paid tons of money to say what they want him to say on the television. They probably go "Chris, talk some more about how Big Ben is the best QB you have ever seen and that you would lick his toes if given the chance.", and he is under contract to do so lol
Reply/Quote
Cris Collinsworth is a good partner for Al Michaels on Sunday Night football except for seeming to get too excited about the Steelers. Back when he played it was fun to watch him in interviews because he had more of the North Florida country boy thing going on than he does now. There was one interview where someone asked him what he thought about the Bengals failing to sign draft picks or pay them well. He said "I would not call them cheap. I would, however call them frugal."

In the Bengal's first Super Bowl he caught one and then fumbled it, which stopped the Bengal's chances of tying that game or coming back. He had a way of extending himself to catch passes that was good.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ya. Then again, he gets paid tons of money to say what they want him to say on the television. They probably go "Chris, talk some more about how Big Ben is the best QB you have ever seen and that you would lick his toes if given the chance.", and he is under contract to do so lol

Which is why Rex Ryan always has a job waiting for him in TV.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chad was never a good route runner, when he was in his prime he was able to cover that up with athletic ability. There's a reason he had about 2 targets in New England.

How is athletic ability going to cover up terrible route running? It's not like he was lining up running 9 routes all day. You say he was a poor route runner, I think he was a great route runner. Fact is, neither of us know exactly what his routes were or if he ran them accurately. We can only go on what we've heard and I never saw any evidence or articles suggesting he was a bad route runner. If you have anything other than opinion, feel free to share it. I won't hold my breath though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 02:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How is athletic ability going to cover up terrible route running? It's not like he was lining up running 9 routes all day. You say he was a poor route runner, I think he was a great route runner. Fact is, neither of us know exactly what his routes were or if he ran them accurately. We can only go on what we've heard and I never saw any evidence or articles suggesting he was a bad route runner. If you have anything other than opinion, feel free to share it. I won't hold my breath though.

Watch his feet. Look at how quick he was in and out of breaks. Very few times did we see miscommunication between him and Palmer. He ran quite a few option routes and was able to recognize coverage quickly and get open. Chad had some of the quickest feet we've ever seen period. Double moves. Made it seem like he was going one way and put it into high gear in another lane.

Sure, we don't know exactly what the routes were, but he was quick in and out of breaks. Great toe-tapping plays. Chad was the best route runner we ever had. It's not about what we think the route is, it's how he runs the route. We've heard how good he was and we saw how his footwork was. It blows my mind someone is trying to argue against that with you.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 02:35 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Watch his feet. Look at how quick he was in and out of breaks. Very few times did we see miscommunication between him and Palmer. He ran quite a few option routes and was able to recognize coverage quickly and get open. Chad had some of the quickest feet we've ever seen period. Double moves. Made it seem like he was going one way and put it into high gear in another lane.

Sure, we don't know exactly what the routes were, but he was quick in and out of breaks. Great toe-tapping plays. Chad was the best route runner we ever had. It's not about what we think the route is, it's how he runs the route. We've heard how good he was and we saw how his footwork was. It blows my mind someone is trying to argue against that with you.

You're preaching to the choir on some of this stuff. Chad had the best feet I've ever seen and yes, he was lightning in and out of his breaks. That doesn't prove that he was always running his routes accurately though. Say he was supposed to cut after 5 yards and instead cuts after 7-8 yards. It may look nice to us thanks to his athletic prowess, but that doesn't mean the route was accurate.

That said, you don't lead the AFC in receiving (a record) 4 consecutive times by being a sloppy route runner. Just more BS from CP fans who blame Chad for their boy being in AZ. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Thinking about Bengal History is Mr. Collinsworth one of the best WR in Bengal History?  Would you put him in front of OCHO and perhaps AJ?  I know AJ's Career is still going but I always wondered where his spot is on the bengals WR of all time...  He seems to be a pretty solid guy!

Ocho was a loser. Yes he has those yards numbers. He was a head case that TV announcers said should be a team player and become a leader and put the focus not on himself but on winning. John Madden said he didn't think much of him and said he wasn't even better than TJ on this team. Madden covering the Bengals/ Seahawks  Prime Time Game made it clear Ocho was not his type player and to Madden, not all that good. His putting the team down and wanting traded and kissing the Dallas star and telling that owner to trade for him, Mike Brown was an idiot because his dad Paul Brown would have traded him and had his rear end on the next flight out of town years before Ocho left this team. 

If you want winners, take Collinsworth who was in both Super Bowls....then give me Issac Curtis and WR's off the 1988 team....for talent and focus and leadership, Collinsworth I'm sure is a John Madden type and on Maddens all time Madden type players. Bengals got lucky trading Paul Robinson for Charlie Joiner, but later blew it by trading Joiner for Coy Bacon who was ready to retire.  If we had Collinsworth, Joiner and Curtis in 1981, we blow the doors off 49ers. Had we kept Joiner, he could be the best Bengals WR ever. .....Once this team wins in play-offs and goes Super Bowl, AJ Green moves right on up, and so does Jones.  We have very good WR's now. 

Collinsworth was also a great guy to talk to on WLW radio sports talk.  He even replaced Madden as the voice on Madden games and on TV.  It's hard to replace Madden, but he has his own style that isn't bad. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Seems like Chris has some resent/bad blood towards Cincy. Don't know why. Is it because he never won a SB like he should have? Something personal against Mike Brown? He hesitates to compliment Cincy on Sunday Nights, and doesn't hesitate to bash them
Reply/Quote
Just another reason this dude is a raging turd burglar.

Made a baseball comment about Kent Tekulve. Al Michaels says good job and Collinsdork says "that's the only baseball player i know".

Hey Dork!? You played and live in the Greater Cincinnati area. You know, The Big Red Machine??

But instead...he references a former Pittsburgh baseball player.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just another reason this dude is a raging turd burglar.

Made a baseball comment about Kent Tekulve. Al Michaels says good job and Collinsdork says "that's the only baseball player i know".

Hey Dork!? You played and live in the Greater Cincinnati area. You know, The Big Red Machine??

But instead...he references a former Pittsburgh baseball player.

What famous side-armed (his whole point) pitcher did the Reds have that he could have mentioned?  Tekulve had one of the most unique throwing motions in the game.  When he dropped the name every sports fan over 45 knew instantly what he meant.  So, should he have mentioned Pedro Borbon instead just to score brownie some points with Reds fans? 

Jesus, what a hyper-sensitive lot we have on here.  Steelers fans must be laughing their asses off at the raging inferiority complex you guys display everytime you get sand in your vag at the mere mention of Pittsburgh. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: What famous side-armed (his whole point) pitcher did the Reds have that he could have mentioned?  Tekulve had one of the most unique throwing motions in the game.  When he dropped the name every sports fan over 45 knew instantly what he meant.  So, should he have mentioned Pedro Borbon instead just to score brownie some points with Reds fans? 

Jesus, what a hyper-sensitive lot we have on here.  Steelers fans must be laughing their asses off at the raging inferiority complex you guys display everytime you get sand in your vag at the mere mention of Pittsburgh. 

*Shitsburgh.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: What famous side-armed (his whole point) pitcher did the Reds have that he could have mentioned?  Tekulve had one of the most unique throwing motions in the game.  When he dropped the name every sports fan over 45 knew instantly what he meant.  So, should he have mentioned Pedro Borbon instead just to score brownie some points with Reds fans? 

Nobody would ***** about the mere mentioning of Pittsburgh. Hell, that happens all the time. It is, however, irritating when an announcer is bordering on incontinence and orgasm when he's talking about them.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 09:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'd be tempted to put Eddie Brown in my top five.

I'd put him before Collinsworth.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 03:26 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Cris Collinsworth is a good partner for Al Michaels on Sunday Night football except for seeming to get too excited about the Steelers.  Back when he played it was fun to watch him in interviews because he had more of the North Florida country boy thing going on than he does now.  There was one interview where someone asked him what he thought about the Bengals failing to sign draft picks or pay them well.  He said "I would not call them cheap.  I would, however call them frugal."

In the Bengal's first Super Bowl he caught one and then fumbled it, which stopped the Bengal's chances of tying that game or coming back.  He had a way of extending himself to catch passes that was good.

Yep. At the 49er 8 yard line where it would have been 1st and goal.

Second turnover of the game for the Bengals deep in the Niner red zone. You want to get depressed? Read the play by play of that game and see how the Bengals should have easily won that game.

Now I'm pissed.
Reply/Quote

Dan Quisenberry. He could have named him, but he chose a Pitt player instead.

Because he loves all things Pitt. Mellow

Reply/Quote