Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowd
(11-07-2021, 08:13 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Water is not wet, what water touches is "wet"

(11-08-2021, 12:42 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: given that water is molecules, wouldn't you say water molecules are touching each other, and therefore are wet?  

Please stop.

[Image: Progressive_Dr_Rick_Commercial.jpg]

(11-08-2021, 12:45 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I'm a season ticket holder.  It seems that PBS has basically become a neutral site for hosting NFL games.  The Vikings, Packers, Browns all had big followings at the stadium.  It's extremely disappointing.  Maybe my hearing if off, but it seems fans or each team have been about 50/50.  Was really surprised about all the purple in the stands for the Vikings on our home opener.  We did crush the Jags with home fans at the game.   Wink

Trying to stay optimistic, but after 52 years it gets tougher.  Who Dey.  

I'm also a STH.  I didn't get to attend yesterday because I woke up with a splitting headache and gastro issues.  I felt bad about missing the game until right about the time of the pick-six.  In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't drive down there feeling crappy to watch that shitshow and instead did so under a blanket in my recliner.  But, I digress. 

I concur with your appraisal about the crowds.  It used to be that you could count on big visiting crowds for Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and a few teams with a national following like the Packers and Cowboys.  The Ravens were in our division but had much smaller crowds, as did just about every other team.  But, over the years this seems to be changing.  The crowd for the last Ravens game in '19 was loud (didn't help that they were thumping us), and I anticipate the same this year.   I wasn't there, and tv can distort things a bit, but the Cleveland fans were loud yesterday.  Even the Jags seemed to have a respectable, larger-than-usual contingent for that Thursday night game.  

I wouldn't say it's 50/50, but it's drawing closer.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote