Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruz and Christie trash Carter as the man fights cancer
(08-23-2015, 10:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They insulted Obama's policies and compared them to a former President's that they assert history that shown to be a failure. But you and the fine folks at Politico think they should not be allowed to do this because that former 90 year old President announced he will be undergoing treatment.

Truth be told you are both probably more motivated to find something to bash the candidates about than you are offended.

I wonder if anyone can bring up the Regan administration when talking about economics in this election? After all he hasn't been President in quite some time and is in worse health than Carter.

I would suggest that it would be in poor taste for someone during the 1994 midterm election to call Reagan weak or naive a day after he announced he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. 

Clearly we hold our politicians to far different standards for decorum. That's fine. If you don't yet understand what is in poor taste at this stage of your life, I doubt anything I post on the internet will help you. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-23-2015, 02:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please continue.   Explain how his faith led to his policy choices.

Hmm, something about attempting to use peaceful negotiations and diplomacy to resolve conflict instead of giving insurgents weapons and not caring what they do with them and then waltzing around like you are going to beat everyone who disagrees with you into submission. Again, your take on Carter, like any neo-con, smacks of bias and a desire to decry a man who acts in accordance with the Bible while glorifying those who claim to, but don't.

Carter sucked as a president because he acted like Jesus when people really want someone who says "I love Jesus" and then does stuff that is rather un Jesus-like.  I must have missed the part of the Bible where Jesus gave those who were persecuting him weapons and said "Here, go attack someone else!"
(08-23-2015, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Carter sucked as a president because he acted like Jesus when people really want someone who says "I love Jesus" and then does stuff that is rather un Jesus-like.  I must have missed the part of the Bible where Jesus gave those who were persecuting him weapons and said "Here, go attack someone else!"

Now you've offended Pat.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]