Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cry baby cry....
(09-30-2016, 02:53 AM)WildCat Wrote: aka winning football. what we've seen the past 4 weeks is not winning football. we won 2 games. 1 against a good team. 1 against a bad team. lost both to 2 good teams, likely playoff bound. that is not winning football. next 2 weeks will show us whether we're just pretenders or contenders.

What people are failing to realize is that, with so many new pieces, players and coaches, there will be a learning curve.  Still figuring some things out right now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:31 AM)Derrick Wrote: The optimism is overwhelming. The B's beat a bad team on 5 GGs. Take Green out of this game and you have ZERO offense. Hill looked terrible. The play calling had me screaming at the TV. #46 looked lost - whoever he is. The D front got good pressure as the game went on. But the tackling was sloppy by the linemen. Zeitler got 2 more motion penalties. The TE # 87 has hard hands even though he actually caught 4 passes.  Not a game to write home about.

For real?  I thought he ran hard....especially when he had to bounce it outside, shake four or five tackles to pick up inches.....I put his performance on the o line.  He AND Gio had 19 carries for 43 yards at one point.  That's piss poor play up front, and coming from a guy that played guard, I usually always stick up for my bretheren, but they look like shit.

(09-30-2016, 04:53 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: If Dalton doesn't make such a bad targeted throw to Uzomah near the goal line we get another TD...Didn't care for the 2 consecutive runs from Hill but it showed that they are committed to running the ball. Yeah the score could have been worse but all in all for 50 out of the 60 minutes of football the Dolphins had zero chance and the defense was just suffocating...Not a whine to be heard from me..This team could be winding up to hits its stride..And that will be really good for everybody...WHO-DEY!

Yeah, wouldn't have scored, but still should have been caught for a first down, I think?  Anyhow, Eifert makes that grab, and I think that's the big difference.  This is the second game I've watched from start to finish, but it seems obvious to me the D is better with 55, and the passing O is better with 85.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Most of the pundits at the game last night were quick to mention that this team is not the same as last years. Not that it can't be good but that it is different. I have posted before that I think this is a mini-rebuilding year. Five new coaches and new players at key positions will take a while to jell if they in fact do. We have sorely missed Taze and Eifert. Andy is a QB who needs his tools to be successful. Sanu, Jones, and Eifert have been missing. Andre, too. How fast will they jell, is anyone's guess. I think mid season.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:44 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I have never seen the likes of this board.....This defense dominated the game....Dalton and Green dominated this game and still see people in here cry like little girls because it was not perfect....

Burfict brought the heart back to the defense and Eifert will bring this offense back to dominance again in the red zone......

Quit crying....things will get worked out and this team will be one of the best in the AFC by season's end.

I will predict it now......4-2

Cowboys have no chance...the D will crush their rookie QB into submission

At New England we sneak out with a win...

Think like champions people!!!!

Its not crying to expect this teams offense to do better in the red zone.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Just like all my dates: put me down as satisfied. 

Satisfied that a disappointing, tedious experience was finally over and there were no major injuries.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:44 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Think like champions people!!!!

Did the offensive line play like champions? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 03:31 AM)Derrick Wrote: #46 looked lost - whoever he is.

This made me laugh. That is Clark Harris......the long snapper. When we are sitting around complaining about the long snapper for things not related to long snapping you know we have gotten spoiled.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 01:44 AM)spazz70 Wrote: I have never seen the likes of this board.....This defense dominated the game....Dalton and Green dominated this game and still see people in here cry like little girls because it was not perfect....

Burfict brought the heart back to the defense and Eifert will bring this offense back to dominance again in the red zone......

Quit crying....things will get worked out and this team will be one of the best in the AFC by season's end.

Unless they can clean up the offensive woes, the only shot at 4-2, IMHO, is if the defense plays absolutely 'lights out' and can't afford the miscommunication it had on the long ball to Stills.  The offensive woes are a big concern and I think will bite them big time!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 09:23 AM)GodFather Wrote: Did the offensive line play like champions? Ninja

A bigger concern than I think people realize.  Absolutely horrid!  I wanted to wait until 4 games after the Jets game to give them time to adjust, but the offensive woes are glaring!
Reply/Quote

Unless the offense is turned around, don't bet the farm on a playoff spot let alone a division title!  (I hope to be wrong about this in January, but nothing shows me any different so far. The next 2 games will tell us alot)
Reply/Quote
Isn't ironic when people whine about others whining?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

The Cowboys has one of the best Oline's in the league. Meanwhile Miami had a patchwork Oline with 2 rookies.  Not to be negative, but I don't see the same kind of domination coming against Dallas.   With Tez back, they'll def. play better

@ New England.. Fuggetaboutit... I don't see us winning there .. period.
Reply/Quote
Guess we shouldn't even play the game against the Pats according to most on this board.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 10:59 AM)bengals73 Wrote: The Cowboys has one of the best Oline's in the league. Meanwhile Miami had a patchwork Oline with 2 rookies.  Not to be negative, but I don't see the same kind of domination coming against Dallas.   With Tez back, they'll def. play better

@ New England.. Fuggetaboutit... I don't see us winning there .. period.

Stop the run and it is very doable.

There is a big difference between a LB and a QB stepping in after several weeks of no practice or contact with the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guess we shouldn't even play the game against the Pats according to most on this board.

New England is going undefeated this year.

(until the Bengals beat them in the playoffs. ThumbsUp )
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guess we shouldn't even play the game against the Pats according to most on this board.

That's as about as logical as saying they should have just sat out the entire 90s decade until they could put together a better team.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 11:24 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Stop the run and it is very doable.

There is a big difference between a LB and a QB stepping in after several weeks of no practice or contact with the team.

If this was in Cincinnati, I'd give the Bengals a chance.. but at NE, it's a very hard place to get a Win.  Besides It's Tom Brady and he'll be coming back pissed off  and guess who he'll take it out on?

Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting for the Bengals loudly and proudly.. Just being realistic. 
Reply/Quote

No doubt, being in the Gameday thread is just sad... Cry

No positive thoughts hardly at all in a game we dominate. Never seen a "perfect" game before but i think if we
played one there would still be some crying going on. Need some positive energy, the negative kind helps nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 08:24 AM)treee Wrote: Seriously. I'm gonna start making a game day thread that explicitly bars being an over-dramatic whiner.

Do it Treee. Do it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2016, 02:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Noting the ridiculous issues on the offensive line and play calling is not "whining". It's called having standards.

So what kind of standards are

38 minute to 22 time of possession
Zero turnovers
19-8 first down difference
Reply/Quote