Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuba's Lung Cancer Vaccine Coming To The US!
Apparently, Cuba has had a lung cancer vaccine for years, and now it's going to come to the US.

Cuba has been researching the drug for 25 years and they've had the vaccine since 2011, which it's offered for free in Cuba because it's only a dollar.

They say it's only become known recently, but how would a cancer vaccine, even from a country like Cuba, be that unknown?

It says that it is a vaccine for lung cancer, but also may be effective in treating and preventing breast, colorectal, head-and-neck, prostate and ovarian cancers.

A country like Cuba, with an economy that is 8 times smaller than ours, can find a vaccine, but the US, the country with the greatest minds on the planet, can't?

Makes you wonder.

It's a HUGE discovery, though!

Could we be looking at the end of cancer deaths?!

It's worth the read!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, Cuba has had a lung cancer vaccine for years, and now it's going to come to the US.

Cuba has been researching the drug for 25 years and they've had the vaccine since 2011, which it's offered for free in Cuba because it's only a dollar.  

They say it's only become known recently, but how would a cancer vaccine, even from a country like Cuba, be that unknown?

It says that it is a vaccine for lung cancer, but also may be effective in treating and preventing breast, colorectal, head-and-neck, prostate and ovarian cancers.

A country like Cuba, with an economy that is 8 times smaller than ours, can find a vaccine, but the US, the country with the greatest minds on the planet, can't?

Makes you wonder.

It's worth the read!

This explains Obama re-opening relations, considering he cannot kick the habit.
Smirk
Reply/Quote
Hmmm....I'm gonna call bologna on this
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Could we be looking at the end of cancer deaths?!

Probably not yet.  

"To be clear, the CimaVax doesn't cure cancer. It's a therapeutic vaccine that works by targeting the tumor itself, specifically going after the proteins that allow a tumor to keep growing."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Probably not yet.  

"To be clear, the CimaVax doesn't cure cancer. It's a therapeutic vaccine that works by targeting the tumor itself, specifically going after the proteins that allow a tumor to keep growing."

If a shot is given once a year (I think that's what it said), and the vaccine prevents a tumor from growing or spreading, how would it not end cancer deaths (at least in those types of cancers)?  

Actually, if it starts tumors from growing in the first place, then how would they even grow to be a tumor?

But just like the treatment of wrapping chemo in protein, I wonder if they'll even find a way to silence this, just like they did that (or at least I haven't been able to find anything on it).
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 05:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If a shot is given once a year (I think that's what it said), and the vaccine prevents a tumor from growing or spreading, how would it not end cancer deaths (at least in those types of cancers)? 

I don't know what article you are talking about, but Cimavax has never been used as a "preventative" vaccine.  The only way it has been used is to attack existing cancer.  

But any discovery like this could lead to a preventative vaccine down the road.  That is how the war against cancer will be won.  Little victories here and there.  I don't think they will come up with any "universal" cure to all the cancers out there any time soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know what article you are talking about, but Cimavax has never been used as a "preventative" vaccine.  The only way it has been used is to attack existing cancer.  

But any discovery like this could lead to a preventative vaccine down the road.  That is how the war against cancer will be won.  Little victories here and there.  I don't think they will come up with any "universal" cure to all the cancers out there any time soon.

Quote:"We think it may be an effective way to prevent cancer from developing or recurring, so that’s where a lot of our team’s excitement comes in,"

Like I said, if it's given regularly, and cancer can't develop or grow, then what damage can it do?  

Also, if it stops developing, then it would be easily treated with things like radiation or other treatments that aren't as damaging as chemo.  

There's other similar quotes in there, also.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, Cuba has had a lung cancer vaccine for years, and now it's going to come to the US.

Makes you wonder.

It's worth the read!

How can this be? Everyone knows America's health care system is the envy of the world? Ninja
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:56 AM)xxlt Wrote: Hoyt? how can this be? Everyone knows America's health care system is the envy of the world? Ninja

And many of us have huge bills to prove It.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 07:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: And many of us have huge bills to prove It.

Yep! That's where the "greatest minds on the planet" come in. 
cue Sorkins' "We're Not The Greatest Country" video .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 05:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If a shot is given once a year (I think that's what it said), and the vaccine prevents a tumor from growing or spreading, how would it not end cancer deaths (at least in those types of cancers)?  

Actually, if it starts tumors from growing in the first place, then how would they even grow to be a tumor?

But just like the treatment of wrapping chemo in protein, I wonder if they'll even find a way to silence this, just like they did that (or at least I haven't been able to find anything on it).
You haven't been able to find anything about it because it was a hypothesis in a lab which was showing some promise.  That doesn't mean they found an actual treatment from it yet, just that it is showing promise with mice and rats and worth further research.  That research will take many years, even a decade or more.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 11:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cuba has had a lung cancer vaccine for years,

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 07:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

I would venture to say the second phrase should read "it's only become known outside of Cuba recently"
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 08:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I would venture to say the second phrase should read "it's only become known outside of Cuba recently"

Have you ever read one of Brad's cancer threads before?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Have you ever read one of Brad's cancer threads before?

"One of"?  You act like I made them frequently.  It was only one if I recall correctly.  I may have mentioned it in another thread or two, but they weren't my threads.

However, you think Cuba and its limited resources could really find a cure before us?

What about the wrapping Chemo in protein, where'd that go?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What about the wrapping Chemo in protein, where'd that go?

Who said it disappeared?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: However, you think Cuba and its limited resources could really find a cure before us?

If it really works.  And if it is really this cheap.  Then it has to be some sort of natural plant extract.  

That is exactly the type of cure that might slip between the cracks of the big dollar research projects that are always synthesizing everything in labs.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who said it disappeared?

I haven't been able to find anything on it in the news or on any websites.

Have you?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I haven't been able to find anything on it in the news or on any websites.

Have you?

Interleukin-2?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  Interleukin-2?

Interleukin-2 has nothing to do with what I just described.

Leave it to Fred to post irrelevant things over and over and assume that we're all just too stupid to know better.

Actually gets old real quick, and yet people still continue to praise him and give him rep points.

Mind blowing.
Reply/Quote