Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culture… Patience,confidence, grinders, & next up.
The culture of this team is undeniable. Hopefully D J Readers comments to Paul Dehner are published somewhere. He said that the culture is not something he’s had even on other winning teams. He said the entire team are all grinders. Somebody gets hurt and the backup doesn’t want to let the team down with poor play. It was mentioned on Monday their day off the team still comes in. Patience… Boyd said credit Zac to Sarah Walsh. They never panic and that’s a combination of Zac and Joe.

Mitch Wilcox a native Tampa guy and played college ball there at South Florida had 60 family and friends there. Zac made him captain. He also used a play I bet they were saving to get him a TD.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not only the coaches but the players as well. When someone misses an assignment there is no backbiting or fingerpointing on the field, the vets will put their arm around whoever messed up and explain what they should have done, give pointers, and on to the next play. Usually, on other teams you see a lot of DB's virtue signaling it wasn't their fault.
Reply/Quote
That TD to Wilcox was Zac saying "I'm not giving
Brady any chance to win this game "
And it showed how much he cares about
The players and is aware of situation and families
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:31 AM)impactplaya Wrote: That TD to Wilcox was Zac saying "I'm not giving

Wilcox another backup who has stepped up
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
With the backups forced on getting reps in the hard games, it seems like destiny is preparing us for a Super Bowl run and to have us running on all cylinders (all 46 of them) when we get there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:37 PM)Interceptor Wrote: With the backups forced on getting reps in the hard games, it seems like destiny is preparing us for a Super Bowl run and to have us running on all cylinders (all 46 of them) when we get there.

Agreed....if they can keep winning with backups getting a lot of good reps in game situations, it only helps the team a lot for the postseason. Not only is it critical of someone gets hurt, it allows for more rotation to keep people fresh without much of a drop in production.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody seems to step up when it's needed the most.
Reply/Quote
I give Taylor a lot of grief about the offensive play calling (predictability by formation & personnel), 4th down decision making (FG/go, PAT/2PT), and clock management (spike it already!). With some justification. And let's not talk about that first OL coach hire.

But, he has done a tremendous job building culture. And it was VERY intentional. I think he realized that his first year. The malcontent guys (Dunlap, Jackson, etc) were let go or outright traded. Turner was let go. And that 2nd draft had a specific type of player. He wanted winners. Team captains. Coaches sons. Guys who wanted to be here. Burrow, Wilson, ADG, Kareem, Adeniji, and Bailey were all captains. Burrow, Wilson, ASG, and Bailey all sons of coaches. Higgins was the only exception. A national title winne and a guy who was a Bengals fan (hence the #85 for Chad). All those guys are still here save for Kareem (who got poached off the PS and likely would not have been on it if he could have stayed healthy).

Beyond intentionally drafting high character guys, Taylor has been very intentional about how he sets the culture for the team, how he (and the FO) recruit FA's, which has been another huge strength. Not just having a personal plan for each guy (how we are gonna use them & how that helps their career), but the guys we went after. Guys with PO experience who would help reset the culture (Reader, Bell, Hilton, Hendrickson, Awuzie, even Waynes fit the profile).

Taylor still frustrates me on the game management side some, but he has been a honerun in terms of shifting the culture, drafting, and signing FA's. The FO deserves credit there as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 01:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I give Taylor a lot of grief about the offensive play calling (predictability by formation & personnel), 4th down decision making (FG/go, PAT/2PT), and clock management (spike it already!). With some justification. And let's not talk about that first OL coach hire.

But, he has done a tremendous job building culture. And it was VERY intentional. I think he realized that his first year. The malcontent guys (Dunlap, Jackson, etc) were let go or outright traded. Turner was let go. And that 2nd draft had a specific type of player. He wanted winners. Team captains. Coaches sons. Guys who wanted to be here. Burrow, Wilson, ADG, Kareem, Adeniji, and Bailey were all captains. Burrow, Wilson, ASG, and Bailey all sons of coaches. Higgins was the only exception. A national title winne and a guy who was a Bengals fan (hence the #85 for Chad). All those guys are still here save for Kareem (who got poached off the PS and likely would not have been on it if he could have stayed healthy).

Beyond intentionally drafting high character guys, Taylor has been very intentional about how he sets the culture for the team, how he (and the FO) recruit FA's, which has been another huge strength. Not just having a personal plan for each guy (how we are gonna use them & how that helps their career), but the guys we went after. Guys with PO experience who would help reset the culture (Reader, Bell, Hilton, Hendrickson, Awuzie, even Waynes fit the profile).

Taylor still frustrates me on the game management side some, but he has been a honerun in terms of shifting the culture, drafting, and signing FA's. The FO deserves credit there as well.

I think the entire staff does a good job of in game adjustments too. I mean, they had to scrap the entire offensive game plan just before kickoff against Cleveland. Then adjust the adjustment after Boyd went out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The culture of this team is undeniable. Hopefully D J Readers comments to Paul Dehner are published somewhere. He said that the culture is not something he’s had even on other winning teams. He said the entire team are all grinders. Somebody gets hurt and the backup doesn’t want to let the team down with poor play. It was mentioned on Monday their day off the team still comes in. Patience… Boyd said credit Zac to Sarah Walsh. They never panic and that’s a combination of Zac and Joe.

Mitch Wilcox a native Tampa guy and played college ball there at South Alabama had 60 family and friends there. Zac made him captain. He also used a play I bet they were saving to get him a TD.

This is a special team no question. Didn't know that about Mitch, that's cool. Great move in getting Mitch a TD, he deserves it.

Does a ton of dirty work for us in the trenches, great blocker and has filled in admirably for Hurst as our #1 TE.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:13 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The culture of this team is undeniable. Hopefully D J Readers comments to Paul Dehner are published somewhere. He said that the culture is not something he’s had even on other winning teams. He said the entire team are all grinders. Somebody gets hurt and the backup doesn’t want to let the team down with poor play. It was mentioned on Monday their day off the team still comes in. Patience… Boyd said credit Zac to Sarah Walsh. They never panic and that’s a combination of Zac and Joe.

Mitch Wilcox a native Tampa guy and played college ball there at South Alabama had 60 family and friends there. Zac made him captain. He also used a play I bet they were saving to get him a TD.

South Florida***
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is what D J Reader said
"I enjoy playing with
this team,
said DJ
Reader, who forced a
fumble and batted
down another pass.
"Guys are in there
grinding. I have been
a part of some great
locker rooms. But I
have never had guys from top to bottom,
our rookies grind, our
older guys grind.
Everybody in the
middle, they just
grind. Our coaches
grind. How do you
not want to play for
that?"

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 07:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: South Florida***

Thanks don’t know why I keyed that

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:31 AM)impactplaya Wrote: That TD to Wilcox was Zac saying "I'm not giving

Exactly. When dealing with the Goat put him down and keep him down.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote