Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Curb Your Enthusiasm
I know fans are excited about this coming season and rightfully so, there is a lot to be excited about.

But...

This entire OLine is new, none of the starters have ever played together, that I know of, except Left Tackle and maybe Left Guard. Hopefully by the end of the year this OLine will be elite but it takes time for an OLine to, and I hate this word, "Gel".

But, again...

The OLine that the Bengals will have this season will be better than last season even though they have never played together and be enough to get a Super Bowl win in the very near future. All they need is half a second.

I haven't been on in a looooong time, it's good to be back, not that anyone cares.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I’m more optimistic than I have been in a looong time. Decades
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Listen if Burrow can consistently get us in the playoffs... I have the up-most faith that he's going to get it done one day. Hopefully sooner than later cause this SB loss stings like a mother
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 10:51 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know fans are excited about this coming season and rightfully so, there is a lot to be excited about.

But...

This entire OLine is new, none of the starters have ever played together, that I know of, except Left Tackle and maybe Left Guard. Hopefully by the end of the year this OLine will be elite but it takes time for an OLine to, and I hate this word, "Gel".

But, again...

The OLine that the Bengals will have this season will be better than last season even though they have never played together and be enough to get a Super Bowl win in the very near future. All they need is half a second.

I haven't been on in a looooong time, it's good to be back, not that anyone cares.

This is the time of year everyone get to feel happy and optimistic

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 10:51 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know fans are excited about this coming season and rightfully so, there is a lot to be excited about.

But...

But, again...

**** this,  I'm all the way in...
Reply/Quote
Good show.

Bad thread.

Reply/Quote

But...

But, again...

Regardless of the lack of experience TOGETHER, this line has added three solid veterans.  One is borderline elite.  The other two could possibly be Pro Bowlers.  They aren't rookies (Carman), they aren't coming off severe injuries (Hopkins) and they aren't UDFA that replaced a solid FA (Price).   They have proved it at the top level in the NFL.  And the Bengals added all THREE of them.

My biggest concern for this team comes from offensive schematic (and yes, I know the run should be better as well), and that is because this team struggled when teams played two deep safeties if they also had a solid pass rush.  The Bengals underneath guys didn't uncover as quickly, and sometimes the offensive line couldn't hold up.  

Now, they (Burrow) have openly admitted this problem and I am sure they are spending tons of time addressing it.  I just need to see the answers on game day to solidify my opinions of Callahan and Taylor.  I have faith in them, but to me, this will be the biggest question of the new season.

Do I think they will have solid answers?  Chase in the slot?  A faster TE to poke holes in cover 2?  More RB usage in the passing game?  Yes, on all three.  But I still think about it and worry a bit.  
Reply/Quote
Most excited I have seen Bengal fans since 2010.
Reply/Quote

via GIFER

[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry but no Wink
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to understand the point of this thread.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
O-line will be improved significantly even if not as much as some people think.

However on defense we lost Ogunjobi from an average defense. If we keep forcing more turnovers like we did in the postseason we will be okay, but in '05 we saw what could happen to a defense that depends on turnovers. This '22 defense will be better than in '05. We have a lot more talent. But we need to be more consistent and play full games.
Reply/Quote

But...

But, again...

Yep with new starters at 4 positions on the OL, it could take into the regular season to perform as a whole unit.
Hopefully it mostly gets ironed out before Week 1 though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: O-line will be improved significantly even if not as much as some people think.

However on defense we lost Ogunjobi from an average defense. If we keep forcing more turnovers like we did in the postseason we will be okay, but in '05 we saw what could happen to a defense that depends on turnovers. This '22 defense will be better than in '05. We have a lot more talent. But we need to be more consistent and play full games.

Still hoping they bring at least one IOL, but I’m thinking they are banking on Ossai and sliding Hubbard in more on passing downs. Plus some of the young guys.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: O-line will be improved significantly even if not as much as some people think.

While I am a huge fan of what Larry O did here, he was not around in the playoffs and they still made it all the way to 1/4 second from winning the Super Bowl. They'll probably bring in another 3T, but rolling with what we have is not the end of the world either. Lou will just have to shuffle some pieces.
Reply/Quote
Heavily improved line to help the most exciting QB in the game find the best trio in the league.

On the field wise improved at TE

Mixon to get even better this year.

We lost Larry O but have Ossai who will be an animal waiting in the wings with space to add a few more bodies if needed.

As long as the play calling is improved we will really demolish some teams this year.

We should be aiming for another AFC championship game at a minimum.

Then let’s see the media say we were lucky with the 3rd hardest schedule.
Reply/Quote
We just went to the Super Bowl with one of if not the worst Olines in SB history.

I'm not about to curb my enthusiasm, sorry.
Reply/Quote
That'll be a no from me dawg.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Regardless of the lack of experience TOGETHER, this line has added three solid veterans.  One is borderline elite.  The other two could possibly be Pro Bowlers.  They aren't rookies (Carman), they aren't coming off severe injuries (Hopkins) and they aren't UDFA that replaced a solid FA (Price).   They have proved it at the top level in the NFL.  And the Bengals added all THREE of them.

My biggest concern for this team comes from offensive schematic (and yes, I know the run should be better as well), and that is because this team struggled when teams played two deep safeties if they also had a solid pass rush.  The Bengals underneath guys didn't uncover as quickly, and sometimes the offensive line couldn't hold up.  

Now, they (Burrow) have openly admitted this problem and I am sure they are spending tons of time addressing it.  I just need to see the answers on game day to solidify my opinions of Callahan and Taylor.  I have faith in them, but to me, this will be the biggest question of the new season.

Do I think they will have solid answers?  Chase in the slot?  A faster TE to poke holes in cover 2?  More RB usage in the passing game?  Yes, on all three.  But I still think about it and worry a bit.  

Great post. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 11:17 PM)Tony Wrote: **** this,  I'm all the way in...

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Am freakin stoked !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote