Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Curb Your Enthusiasm
(07-13-2022, 12:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We just went to the Super Bowl with one of if not the worst Olines in SB history.

I'm not about to curb my enthusiasm, sorry.

Yes

But

Our schedule this year is awful.

Team is improved

Schedule is nasty

I’m cautiously optimistic
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 08:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yes

But

Our schedule this year is awful.  

Team is improved

Schedule is nasty

I’m cautiously optimistic

Eh schedule smedule... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh schedule smedule... Mellow

Yes nearly every season there's 2-3 teams that were penciled in as contenders and they're just ho hum. And then there's generally a couple teams that everybody thinks is hot garbage that make some waves (2011 Bengals).

You can't really read a whole lot into the schedule. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2022, 10:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm trying to understand the point of this thread.

Right lol, I never even lowered my expectations in the 90s. Lol.. Who watches thinking," ya they are gonna get killed"? Lol
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes nearly every season there's 2-3 teams that were penciled in as contenders and they're just ho hum. And then there's generally a couple teams that everybody thinks is hot garbage that make some waves (2011 Bengals).

You can't really read a whole into the schedule. 

Every team changes every season. Look at us. We went from being a 4 win team to a SuperBowl team within one play of 
winning it. I bet every team that saw us early on in their schedule said, well there is an easy part of our schedule...
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 10:51 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know fans are excited about this coming season and rightfully so, there is a lot to be excited about.

But...

This entire OLine is new, none of the starters have ever played together, that I know of, except Left Tackle and maybe Left Guard. Hopefully by the end of the year this OLine will be elite but it takes time for an OLine to, and I hate this word, "Gel".

But, again...

The OLine that the Bengals will have this season will be better than last season even though they have never played together and be enough to get a Super Bowl win in the very near future. All they need is half a second.

I haven't been on in a looooong time, it's good to be back, not that anyone cares.
You curb yours.  Let everyone else have their fun.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Just no.

The Bengals were minutes away from a SB and have, on paper, made substantial improvements. There's no reason with the roster we have to NOT have high expectations.

I get that a repeat is a statistical anomaly and the AFC is stacked, but the Bengals still looks like a good bet to be a top contender.

Bills, Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders just improved overall. But the other AFC teams are toss-ups. All the other AFC teams are hype.

Ravens will improve just by not getting injured. But Lamar Jackson is now working with sub par receivers. Their offense production will see a decline to offset their defensive improvements.

Kansas City with Andy Reid and no Tyreek Hilll? JuJu and a rookie isn't going to make up for that loss. They're worse off. Their decline probably starts now with the AFC West being stacked.

Pittsburgh, as much as I never like ruling them out; are beatable. Defense will clear cut weaknesses, Mitch Trubisky, and Antonio Brown 2.0? Who's scared, really?

Cleveland probably stays afloat without Watson since their first 8 games are cupcake. But will Watson be that much of an immediate improvement after being out the game for so long? I don't think so. They won't get any serious ROI on this Watson bet until next season at the earliest. They'll be a thorn in our sides with or without him for sure.

The Jets are the "maybe next year" team.

Miami ****** up by sticking with Tua. He won't get it done.

Post-Brady Bellichek ain't shit.

Matt Ryan is better than Wentz and Rivers, but the Falcons really pampered that guy. I don't think he'll add much.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a edge on many AFC teams.
It's the continuity factor.
Coordinators and coaches still retained going into year 4.
Same cores on both sides of the ball.
I'm not worried about the 3 new olineman acquired
In free agency. All of them have high football IQs.
They will have no issue picking up Pollack blocking
Scheme.
Hayden Hurst has played in multiple offenaive schemes
He's seen alot, done alot

Even the media darlings the Bills have to adjust to a new
OC. The Ravens have a new DC. All these new coordinators
Need time to work out the terminology etc etc.

Steelers,Broncos, Colts ,Browns all starting new signal callers
Their offenses won't have automatic success right out the gate.

I like the Chargers and Bengals in the AFC Title game.
I think both teams have the most continuity coming into
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals have a edge on many AFC teams.
It's the continuity factor.
Coordinators and coaches still retained going into year 4.
Same cores on both sides of the ball.
I'm not worried about the 3 new olineman acquired
In free agency. All of them have high football IQs.
They will have no issue picking up Pollack blocking
Scheme.
Hayden Hurst has played in multiple offenaive schemes
He's seen alot, done alot

Even the media darlings the Bills have to adjust to a new
OC. The Ravens have a new DC. All these new coordinators
Need time to work out the terminology etc etc.

Steelers,Broncos,  Colts ,Browns all starting new signal callers
Their offenses won't have automatic success right out the gate.

I like the Chargers and Bengals in the AFC Title game.
I think both teams have the most continuity coming into

Continuity is definitely a huge factor going for us and the Chargers. I could see the same thing happening. Great points. Rock On
Reply/Quote