Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cure For HIV/AIDS?
This website says that a Nigerian Professor produced a cure for HIV and AIDS.

I wonder if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. The people in the comments section seem to think that our government will suppress the cure, but it sounds like it's legit:

Quote:Nigerian Professor Produces Antivirt, An Anti Viral Drug For Treating HIV AIDS. Despite doubts in some quarters about the authenticity of his claims, Professor Maduike Ezeibe of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike (MOUAU), Abia State, has insisted that his recent therapy

for the dreaded HIV and AIDS is real and effective.
The discovery of the therapy, Ezeibe said, was a major scientific breakthrough in the search for a cure to the global pandemic.

He said after 19 years of hard work, he was able to discover the therapy and his research was eventually published in the British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research.

The Professor of Veterinary Medicine, who obtained his first degree in same discipline at the University of Nigeria Nsukka in 1986, Masters in Ruminant Medicine, and doctorate degree in Canine Medicine all in UNN, said he moved to MOUAU on leave of absence.

Speaking with Southern City News in his office, he said his research into the therapy known as ‘Antivirt’ (Anti-Viral Therapy), dated back to 1994 when he took the challenge to be part of the global solution to the HIV/AIDS scourge ravaging humanity.

Ezeibe said his work had been published by the American-based medical journal known as The Health.

He said he decided to publish his research work on the therapy so as to prove anyone who would doubt that a black man could develop HIV/AIDS cure, wrong.

He boasted that the experiment remained authentic and verifiable in any part of the world.

According to him, two essential minerals – aluminum silicate (kaolin) and magnesium silicate, used in the production of the therapy, have large deposits in Umuahia and parts of Abia State.

This, he said, would make the therapy cheaper and more affordable than the old anti-retroviral therapy.

He added that the therapy would take an average of two to three months to cure HIV/AIDS patient.

Two to three months to cure it would be amazing, but it will be interesting to see if this is legit or if we even hear anything else about it.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 03:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This website says that a Nigerian Professor produced a cure for HIV and AIDS.

I wonder if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.  The people in the comments section seem to think that our government will suppress the cure, but it sounds like it's legit:

Two to three months to cure it would be amazing, but it will be interesting to see if this is legit or if we even hear anything else about it.

Things like this crop up every once in a while and then they end up being false results. We had one here in the U.S. not too long ago if I remember correctly.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
He just needs funding and will soon be sending out emails requesting you send $100. When this finally comes to market, your hundred dollars will be worth a hundred million dollars.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love it when conspiracy people claim the government and the large pharma companies will suppress a cure for a disease such as cancer or aids because they make more money from the treatment. The cure for Hep C has recently been discovered, and not only was it heralded, but there is now a drug company selling the cure treatment.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/we-now-have-the-cure-for-hepatitis-c-but-can-we-afford-it/
Reply/Quote
This thread is going to be a disaster, I can feel it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:34 AM)Beaker Wrote: I love it when conspiracy people claim the government and the large pharma companies will suppress a cure for a disease such as cancer or aids because they make more money from the treatment. The cure for Hep C has recently been discovered, and not only was it heralded, but there is now a drug company selling the cure treatment.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/we-now-have-the-cure-for-hepatitis-c-but-can-we-afford-it/

Yeah if I'm a pharma company I'm going to roll the dice that I can make a couple of bucks off an AIDS or cancer cure.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 11:05 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This thread is going to be a disaster, I can feel it.

Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
They're dancing in the streets in San Francisco!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Had an old guy tell me once to swallow one whole clove of garlic every day, and it would cure whatever ails you, including cancer or AIDS.
He died of cancer.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that this guy is a vet instead of a human doctor, but I was also surprised to learn that between 2% and 5% of cats in the United States have feline AIDS.

Who would have ever guessed that there were so many homosexual cats.
Reply/Quote
"He said he decided to publish his research work on the therapy so as to prove anyone who would doubt that a black man could develop HIV/AIDS cure, wrong."

This makes the whole story sound like BS to me. EVERY SINGLE claim of a cure like this by EVERY SINGLE researcher has to be published for peer review. That is the only way to find out if it is legit.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that this guy is a vet instead of a human doctor, but I was also surprised to learn that between 2% and 5% of cats in the United States have feline AIDS.

Who would have ever guessed that there were so many homosexual cats.

Quit being a bigot.  They could be intravenous drug users.  

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 10:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Quit being a bigot.  They could be intravenous drug users.  

Probably picked it up from a toilet seat.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 11:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Probably picked it up from a toilet seat.

So that's what happened to the cat in "Meet the Parents".  Damn AIDS.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 08:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting that this guy is a vet instead of a human doctor, 

What will really scare you then. It's harder to get into Vet school, then Med school.  ThumbsUp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sort of related: I watched an episode of VICE a couple of months back. There were oncologists on the program talking about an engineered retrovirus made fro the HIV virus that was (to really oversimplify) basically programmed to attack abnormal cells instead of normal ones. They were given to patients who had little to no chance of surviving their cancers and were willing to try just about anything. Some were very young children.

Interestingly enough, the treatment had a very high, almost total success rate. People with virtual death sentences were cancer-free after treatments. Pretty fascinating.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 12:04 AM)samhain Wrote: Sort of related:  I watched an episode of VICE a couple of months back.  There were oncologists on the program talking about an engineered retrovirus made fro the HIV virus that was (to really oversimplify) basically programmed to attack abnormal cells instead of normal ones.  They were given to patients who had little to no chance of surviving their cancers and were willing to try just about anything.  Some were very young children.  

Interestingly enough, the treatment had a very high, almost total success rate.  People with virtual death sentences were cancer-free after treatments.  Pretty fascinating.

Unless it's a different story, I saw that on 60 Minutes and I thought it was the polio virus they were using.  Over the last 10-15 years, I've seen maybe a dozen "breakthroughs" that were going to cure cancer...still waiting.

But with all the gene coding they're doing now, it sure seems like we should be able to kick just about every disease in the next 20-30 years.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2015, 10:34 AM)Beaker Wrote: I love it when conspiracy people claim the government and the large pharma companies will suppress a cure for a disease such as cancer or aids because they make more money from the treatment. The cure for Hep C has recently been discovered, and not only was it heralded, but there is now a drug company selling the cure treatment.

I posted a treatment for cancer a while back where they wrapped the chemo drugs in protein because cancer loves protein, so when the cancer went after the protein, it was just swallowed by the chemo drugs.  

Drugs to counter traditional chemotherapy bring in a profit of like 125 billion per year, with income only rising.

This would eliminate the need for all (most) of the drugs to counter chemo, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

I wonder why.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 04:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Drugs to counter traditional chemotherapy bring in a profit of like 125 billion per year, with income only rising.

I bet it's nothing like $125B a year.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 09:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I bet it's nothing like $125B a year.

That's what this says:

Quote:The NCI states that the medical costs of cancer care are $125 billion, with a projected 39 percent increase to $173 billion by 2020. 

The simple fact is that the cancer industry employs too many people and produces too much income to allow a cure to be found. All of the current research on cancer drugs is based on the premise that the cancer market will grow, not shrink.
- See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/the-cancer-industry-is-too-prosperous-to-allow-a-cure/#sthash.hAZZv3mh.dpuf

Unless it means that those are the numbers from the actual costs of producing the drugs and things, but this site says that it was 4.4 billion all the way back in 2005, and that was with Medicare covering 80% of those, which Medicare barely covers much of the % of the costs (I did a medical billing internship at a hospital):

Quote:In all, cancer doctors billed about $4.4 billion for chemotherapy and anemia medications in 2005, down from $5.6 billion in 2004, with Medicare covering 80 percent of the bills in each year. The difference mostly represented profit that doctors had made on the drugs.

And I'm sure costs have risen, as has the number of people getting cancer, so it might not be 125, but it's still a pretty profitable business.  
Reply/Quote