Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Bengal elite playoff performer
Kevin Huber's 46.4 avg. ranks 6th all-time in post season (min 10 punts).

That is higher than his regular season career average of 45.2.
Reply/Quote
And add to that his ability to put the other teams inside the 20.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A punter. Smh.

Reply/Quote
A good punter is a great weapon to have. Many fans don't appreciate their worth, until the team is stuck with an average punter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A good punter is a great weapon to have. Many fans don't appreciate their worth, until the team is stuck with an average punter.

Agree. However, the smh reference was because it’s sad that our elite playoff player is a punter.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 11:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. However, the smh reference was because it’s sad that our elite playoff player is a punter.

LOL  Hey, it's a start..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
#clutch

Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I prefer stats of Bengals who have won playoff games. The losing offenses Huber punted for in the playoffs gave him ample opportunity to punt for distance.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Kevin Huber's 46.4 avg. ranks 6th all-time in post season (min 10 punts).

That is higher than his regular season career average of 45.2.

(05-28-2018, 10:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: A punter. Smh.

Yep, that about characterizes our playoff performances in the past 15 years.
Reply/Quote
When your punter is breaking all kinds of records it ain't exactly putting a nice pretty spotlight on your offensive prowess. It's that one position you hope he never gets to play in the game.. 
"Yey! Our punter broke every record in the books!" Said no QB ever..  It's kind of ironic how many old football trophies featured a punter.. LOL
[Image: pm8qfTGPj]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 11:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. However, the smh reference was because it’s sad that our elite playoff player is a punter.

Clark Harris brings it in the postseason too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Great playoff performances have been a rare sight under Marv, but we have had a few.

Benson vs the Jets (although he was terrible against the Texans)
MLJ vs the Chargers (I think he had 123 yards)
I think Atkins had a 1.5 sacks vs the Steelers

Other than that? Meh. 7 games worth of suck from almost everyone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 05:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great playoff performances have been a rare sight under Marv, but we have had a few.

Burfict had the best playoff game of any Bengal during the Marvin era, imo. Sure he’s also a big part of why we lost (he comes 3rd on the blame scale after Hill & Pacman for me though) but the game probably wouldn’t even have been close without him.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict had the best playoff game of any Bengal during the Marvin era, imo. Sure he’s also a big part of why we lost (he comes 3rd on the blame scale after Hill & Pacman for me though) but the game probably wouldn’t even have been close without him.

Agreed... Burfict put that game away with the sack of Roethlisberger, and then the interception. I actually found it amusing that he ran to the locker room... You know, cause the game was over. Pacman fanning him off as he returned to the field was a nice touch too. Then the Bengals happened.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 06:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict had the best playoff game of any Bengal during the Marvin era, imo. Sure he’s also a big part of why we lost (he comes 3rd on the blame scale after Hill & Pacman for me though) but the game probably wouldn’t even have been close without him.

That's why I left him off. He lost his composure at the end, so it's hard to think of it as a "clutch" performance in the playoffs, even if it was up to that point.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 05:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great playoff performances have been a rare sight under Marv, but we have had a few.

Leon Hall was very good in the playoffs.  I don't remember the stats or specific instances, but I distinctly remember him looking really good in multiple playoff games.

You could argue that Burfict in 2015, before the wheels came off, had been an elite playoff player.  Like others have said, that game may not have even been close had he not willed his way to a very high level of play.
Reply/Quote
Huber was tied for 5th place in # of punts last season.

If we didn't turn the ball over so much in the playoffs, he might lead the NFL in most punts in play-off games.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I don't know that VB lost his composure in that game. The call by the refs in that game has been in dispute by many Bengals fans since it occured. Plenty of us have looked at the call as a "Squeeler gimme" call and not necessarily VBs fault. I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it .

And thinking about conspiracy thories. ..YouTube will introduce a new tool to combat online conspiracy theories in the coming weeks, the latest effort from Google’s video site to halt the spread of misinformation. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-03-13/youtube-to-work-with-wikipedia-to-curb-conspiracy-theory-videos
That by itself will probably prompt yet more conspiracy theories about YouTube and Wikipedia attempting to quash "the truth"...
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2018, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's why I left him off. He lost his composure at the end, so it's hard to think of it as a "clutch" performance in the playoffs, even if it was up to that point.

He lost his composure by putting a hard hit into Antonio Brown's shoulder? Maybe you could say he isn't the most intelligent at times, but I don't think he lost his composure by any means.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He lost his composure by putting a hard hit into Antonio Brown's shoulder? Maybe you could say he isn't the most intelligent at times, but I don't think he lost his composure by any means.

I don't think the hit was NEARLY as dirty as the media made it seem, but he didn't have to throw his shoulder out there.

I'm a big Burfict guy, but it is what it is. That flag was very costly. 
Reply/Quote