Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Bengal elite playoff performer
(06-06-2018, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A quarterback has no effect on if the interception is returned for a td or not.

Likely why I referred to it as a fun fact, rather than a significant fact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 11:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He had the best arm for sure.

Ken Anderson is the best passer we ever had. Boomer was MVP good, (with the benefit of the #1 rushing offense in the league).  But Crason could make throws neither one of them could.  Even after his elbow surgery I watched him play some games for the Cards.  He still had a cannon.

Boomer's arm was easily equal to Palmer's. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 08:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Boomer's arm was easily equal to Palmer's. 

Without the metrics I would not know.   But I tend to agree with you.   I went to a LOT of Bengals games in the 70s and 80s.   I remember seeing Boomer pass in person the first game I attended Boomer's rookie year.   You could have picked my chin off the ground.   The difference between his passes and Anderson's was stark.   I think it was even bigger than the difference between Kitna and Palmer.

Of course his rookie year Boomer was sailing the ball into club section.   That's why I was so excited in 1997.  The guy still had a lot of arm left, and his accuracy was amazing.

Oh what might have been... 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 11:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He had the best arm for sure.

Ken Anderson is the best passer we ever had. Boomer was MVP good, (with the benefit of the #1 rushing offense in the league).  But Crason could make throws neither one of them could.  Even after his elbow surgery I watched him play some games for the Cards.  He still had a cannon.

Agree with all of this. Still back in 2005 i just saw him make passes that i have never seen from another QB.

Those deep tear drop bombs to Chad and Henry were amazing IMO. Seemed after the elbow he wasn't quite that guy.
Reply/Quote