Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Comp pick prediction by Overthecap
(01-08-2017, 01:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: A few guys that have caught my eye

Eric Magnuson T Michigan...CBS rank 136...

Davis Webb QB Cal..CBS rank 149...if we trade McCarron

Marquel Lee ILB Wake Forest CBS rank 181

Stevie Tu'ikolovatu DT Southern Cal Not even ranked by CBS

And like others have said.. could also do some trading up and target players earlier

Guys I like in later rounds . . .

CB William Likely, III, Maryland: coming off a knee injury which ended his season, lacks ideal size, was projected as high as a 1st to 2nd round pick before the injury

DE Keionta Davis, Chattanooga:  Senior Bowl invite

LB Jaylin Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee: LB/safety hybrid, can play WLB in base 4-3 and nickel LB in passing situations, season ended by shoulder injury

RB Jeremy McNichols, Boise State: Jay Ajai's replacement

RB Donnel Pumphrey, San Diego State: undersized, versatile, has added value as slot receiver and return man

TE Pharoh Brown, Oregon: 2015 redshirt due to knee injury in Nov 2014, redzone TD threat

WR Josh Reynolds, Texas A&M: good body control to make contested catches

WR K.D. Cannon, Baylor: speedy
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Paul dehner jr tweeted it he said Jones is 2 spots away from being a third comp.
It was a tweet from Paul dehner jr. That said he was 2 spots away and was really close to being a third round comp.

According to the unofficial projection, that puts Jones 11th on the list.  The NFL has never awarded more than 6 third round comps in a season.  If that projection holds true, it would mean the NFL would need to award not only a record amount of 3rd round comps, but almost double the record for 3rd round comps awarded.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Paul dehner jr tweeted it he said Jones is 2 spots away from being a third comp.
It was a tweet from Paul dehner jr. That said he was 2 spots away and was really close to being a third round comp.

2 spots away is a LOT when talking about a 3rd round comp pick. Doesn't look like there is any chance of that happening, and honestly when looking at the list we don't deserve a 3rd for him when looking at what everyone else got. I think a 4th for him is fair and a 4th for Sanu is generous 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 2 spots away is a LOT when talking about a 3rd round comp pick. Doesn't look like there is any chance of that happening, and honestly when looking at the list we don't deserve a 3rd for him when looking at what everyone else got. I think a 4th for him is fair and a 4th for Sanu is generous 

Look at it this way, the Bengals are only two spots out of first in their division.  So there's still a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:15 PM)treee Wrote: I'd be pretty happy with 3 fourth round picks. Notable Bengals 4th rounds picks in the past 10 years: Billings, Shaw, Boling, Geno, Anthony Collins, Peko. 

There'd be a good chance we'd get a starter with that many comp picks.

I think the forth round has produced more immediate starters for Cincy than any other round.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Guys I like in later rounds . . .

CB William Likely, III, Maryland: coming off a knee injury which ended his season, lacks ideal size, was projected as high as a 1st to 2nd round pick before the injury

LB Jaylin Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee: LB/safety hybrid, can play WLB in base 4-3 and nickel LB in passing situations, season ended by shoulder injury

RB Donnel Pumphrey, San Diego State: undersized, versatile, has added value as slot receiver and return man

TE Pharoh Brown, Oregon: 2015 redshirt due to knee injury in Nov 2014, redzone TD threat

My later Rd picks, LB E.Price 13 sacks 23 tackles for loss. DL Hunter Dimick 14 sacks 20 tackles for loss. CB Tedric Thompson 7 ints 23 passes defended SS Obi Melifonwu 73 solo tackles 118 total tackles 4 ints.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 04:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I cant see 11 draft picks making the team.

Wonder what 3 6th round picks and a 7th could get us in a trade.

Maybe we can turn a 2nd round pick into a 1st rounder and pickup a better player. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the likes of Hunt and other underachievers.

Per Over the Cap Rey Maualuga has zero dead money if he were cut this off season.

Unfortunately, Oggieboggie boy has $4,913,290 in dead money if we cut him, so I guess he'll just be a very expensive bench warmer.

Going with 2 QBs in 2017 will free up a spot as well. Of course, no idea who that 2nd QB would be.

Maybe we could take those 3 6's this year and change them into 3 5's next year. Roll them over for a few years and move them up each yeae.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 08:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Maybe we can turn a 2nd round pick into a 1st rounder and pickup a better player. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the likes of Hunt and other underachievers.

Per Over the Cap Rey Maualuga has zero dead money if he were cut this off season.

Unfortunately, Oggieboggie boy has $4,913,290 in dead money if we cut him, so I guess he'll just be a very expensive bench warmer.

Going with 2 QBs in 2017 will free up a spot as well. Of course, no idea who that 2nd QB would be.

Maybe we could take those 3 6's this year and change them into 3 5's next year. Roll them over for a few years and move them up each yeae.

driskell probably liked him enough to keep him onn53 man all year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 08:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: driskell probably liked him enough to keep him onn53 man all year.

Yeah, they really didn't say much about him. Not sure he had much in the way of reps during the season. But the team did at least get a good look at him.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 08:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Maybe we can turn a 2nd round pick into a 1st rounder and pickup a better player. Maybe we can finally say goodbye to the likes of Hunt and other underachievers.

I like that idea of turning one of those picks into something for 2018. At least one. Hopefully we are players in free agency so we wont have any comp picks coming in 2018. A late 6 basically 7th round pick flipped for a 2018 5th would be smart.
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon is there in the 4th due to his issues and would take him there. Some GM's have said in reports he is undraftable because of the image of him hitting the woman. It is funny if you beat a woman up without video you are draftable, but when it's on video your undraftable. The draft is weird sometimes though, Billings just dropped like a rock last year and still no one really knows why just guessing.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Mixon is there in the 4th due to his issues and would take him there. Some GM's have said in reports he is undraftable because of the image of him hitting the woman. It is funny if you beat a woman up without video you are draftable, but when it's on video your undraftable. The draft is weird sometimes though, Billings just dropped like a rock last year and still no one really knows why just guessing.

yeah I think he's definitely there in the 4th possibly at 5th comp. He's got a first round talent grade so to get him in the 4th that's a huge steal. Also he can catch better than most receivers so we wouldn't be telegraphing our running plays anymore.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah I think he's definitely there in the 4th possibly at 5th comp. He's got a first round talent grade so to get him in the 4th that's a huge steal. Also he can catch better than most receivers so we wouldn't be telegraphing our running plays anymore.

You don't telegraph running plays because a guy isn't a natural pass catcher. The HB is normally a check down meaning you shouldn't throw to him unless everyone else is covered. Many times they are doing a check and release so they have to block first then can release if possible. Hill was in for plenty of passing plays, sometimes he blocked sometimes he went out on routes.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: You don't telegraph running plays because a guy isn't a natural pass catcher. The HB is normally a check down meaning you shouldn't throw to him unless everyone else is covered. Many times they are doing a check and release so they have to block first then can release if possible. Hill was in for plenty of passing plays, sometimes he blocked sometimes he went out on routes.
we created lot of plays for Gio. It seemed this past year whenever hill came in he was in to run the ball. Mixon can play  the slot can pick up rushers almost as well as Zeke could and can run and catch and make guys miss he's a 3 down back. Hill isn't. He's a 2 down back.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 11:06 AM)Jpoore Wrote: we created lot of plays for Gio. It seemed this past year whenever hill came in he was in to run the ball. Mixon can play  the slot can pick up rushers almost as well as Zeke could and can run and catch and make guys miss he's a 3 down back. Hill isn't. He's a 2 down back.

Your over selling Mixon there hasn't been someone graded even close to Zeke in pass protection in recent memory. He is good, but let's slow down a bit.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 11:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: Your over selling Mixon there hasn't been someone graded even close to Zeke in pass protection in recent memory. He is good, but let's slow down a bit.
He is definitely imo the best blocking rb in this draft at least. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 06:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Guys I like in later rounds . . .

Did JRM decide not to pursue a redshirt? I heard he could pursue a redshirt and return for another season due to how early his injury was this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Did JRM decide not to pursue a redshirt? I heard he could pursue a redshirt and return for another season due to how early his injury was this year.

Good question.  I don't know.

Just looked it up . . .

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2016/12/28/reeves-maybin-sticking-tennessee-through-bowl-game/95917502/

Quote:Reeves-Maybin had season-ending shoulder surgery in October. He officially ended his Tennessee career by signing with Vayner Sports, a full-service athlete representation agency, earlier this month.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think Mixon is there in the 4th due to his issues and would take him there. Some GM's have said in reports he is undraftable because of the image of him hitting the woman. It is funny if you beat a woman up without video you are draftable, but when it's on video your undraftable. The draft is weird sometimes though, Billings just dropped like a rock last year and still no one really knows why just guessing.

Billings fell due to his short height and teams believing he's only a 2 down run stopper.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 04:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good question.  I don't know.

Just looked it up . . .

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2016/12/28/reeves-maybin-sticking-tennessee-through-bowl-game/95917502/

I've been intrigued by JRM as a 4-3 WILL or nickel LB since I started reading up on draft prospected in the Summer.
He lacks size and there's risk with his injury, but he's got the makings to become a very good player.
I think those negative things make him available in Round 5 or later, and I would be excited to see the Bengals pick him up on Day 3.

Flowers becomes a FA after this year and hasn't done a whole lot since being drafted.
Dawson also has not lived up to expectations and had attitude problems which led to him being cut and placed on the PS.
So there's definitely room on the back end for a potential playmaker in JRM.

At some point, I'd like to hear Fred's take on JRM since he's our resident Vols man.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote