Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Pet Peve (Angrily shakes middle aged fist)
I'm throwing shade, but that's just because I stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245, kinda broad at the shoulders and narrow at the hip
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 03:05 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm throwing shade, but that's just because I stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245, kinda broad at the shoulders and narrow at the hip

Hey it's Jack Reacher.  (The non-Tom Cruise one)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 03:32 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I haven't got a clue what "throw shade" means nor have I heard it.  Or why it would even upset anyone, and I'm a grown ass 42 yo white guy.  I know my lawn grows better in the shade when its this frigging hawt.  Mellow

It originates in the 80's gay ball scene. Some people use it interchangeably with insulting, but that's not accurate. It is also incorrect to refer to a look or another gesture someone gives another person as shade. 

Throwing shade means to creatively insult someone. It's the insult of all insults if two members of the LGBT scene were going at it with each other. The one that gives the other, and everyone else there, pause. It's not some basic ass insult isn't shade. 

Why are people using it? RuPaul started using it again and it jumped into mainstream usage. 

Source: gay brother who bitches when people use it incorrectly.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 03:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey it's Jack Reacher.  (The non-Tom Cruise one)

You sure you don't mean Jack Reach-around?:

(07-27-2016, 03:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It originates in the 80's gay ball scene.

Source: gay brother who bitches when people use it incorrectly.
Reply/Quote
My newest pet peeve.

For ****'s sake, will every web site, hotel, restaurant, phone sex line and homeless person I encounter during my daily life quit sending me a ***** survey to complete so I can tell them how they did? I can't delete them fast enough.

end of rant
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Anyone who gets upset whenever a new slang term becomes popular is going to live a very miserable life.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who gets upset whenever a new slang term becomes popular is going to live a very miserable life.
Just because it irritates (not "upset") me, doesn't mean it keeps me from servicing my wife, or anything.

I'm happy being grumpy and it's my societal obligation to complain about the younger generation, just as those before me.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I don't know I like shade sometimes but I could see how its fun to throw at people

[Image: MadTree-Shade2.jpg]
Reply/Quote