Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Protests
(11-14-2016, 12:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda like when trying to reason with people and they keep calling you a racist, bigot, xenophobe, homophobe etc.
After a while, I am no listening to anything you have to say anymore whether it's true or not, because you've already pissed me off to the point where I have shut you out. This is exactly what this past election was about and why there was a silent majority.

We've seen this time and time again right here on the boards when people argue about different issues. There is no rationalizing with them.

With that said, I read that Trump has stated that he's not going to roll back the gains that the LGBT community has made.
It was decided by the SCOTUS and that's final as far as he's concerned. I tried to tell people he is not going to take the gains of the social issues away, fear/rhetoric on the Left.
He's also going to keep parts of the ACA, duh, there is some good things in it.
And I'm pretty happy about him wanted a Nationwide CC law so that no matter what state you are in, you're covered. I don't even care much for guns, but I know this is a serious pain for people that travel.

And then he says his SC nominee will have to be pro-life.

But he wants it to go back to the states...and women will have to go to another state if they want an abortion.  

I don't know if that will fly but we shall see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-14-2016, 12:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With that said, I read that Trump has stated that he's not going to roll back the gains that the LGBT community has made.
It was decided by the SCOTUS and that's final as far as he's concerned. I tried to tell people he is not going to take the gains of the social issues away, fear/rhetoric on the Left.
He's also going to keep parts of the ACA, duh, there is some good things in it.
And I'm pretty happy about him wanted a Nationwide CC law so that no matter what state you are in, you're covered. I don't even care much for guns, but I know this is a serious pain for people that travel.

Honestly, a lot of people were calming down a bit. And then he appointed Bannon as a senior advisor. Between that and Pence's elevated role they are concerned. Trump doesn't know how to govern, he's going to be relying heavily on those around him. Pence is truthfully the bigger concern for women and the LGBT community than Trump is which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but it is with this president.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-14-2016, 12:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, a lot of people were calming down a bit. And then he appointed Bannon as a senior advisor. Between that and Pence's elevated role they are concerned. Trump doesn't know how to govern, he's going to be relying heavily on those around him. Pence is truthfully the bigger concern for women and the LGBT community than Trump is which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but it is with this president.

It should be starting to become clear how he plans to govern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-14-2016, 02:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It should be starting to become clear how he plans to govern.

It won't, really, until actions actually start being taken. As of right now all anybody can really use to make guesses at it is who he has around him. Right now, it's a mixed bag. This concerns people. Right now, with Bannon and Priebus, he's managed to make everybody a bit nervous.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-14-2016, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It won't, really, until actions actually start being taken. As of right now all anybody can really use to make guesses at it is who he has around him. Right now, it's a mixed bag. This concerns people. Right now, with Bannon and Priebus, he's managed to make everybody a bit nervous.

Maybe it goes without saying, but I think Priebus was hugely responsible for his win.  Anyone who thinks the Party bailed on Trump wasn't paying attention.  Some elected members may have, but the Party went all out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-14-2016, 02:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe it goes without saying, but I think Priebus was hugely responsible for his win.  Anyone who thinks the Party bailed on Trump wasn't paying attention.  Some elected members may have, but the Party went all out.

Oh, I don't disagree. But the Tea Party contingency and his base looking for change did not want to see Priebus in the West Wing.

(11-14-2016, 07:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I don't disagree. But the Tea Party contingency and his base looking for change did not want to see Priebus in the West Wing.

It's actually a really smart move.  On more than one key issue, Biden got done what Obama either couldn't or was unwilling to do.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-14-2016, 07:56 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's actually a really smart move.  On more than one key issue, Biden got done what Obama either couldn't or was unwilling to do.

Priebus, not Pence.

(11-14-2016, 09:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Priebus, not Pence.

Doesn't matter if it's your VP or Chief of Staff or both...Trump isn't really the leader of the Republican Party, so it makes sense to have more than 1 guy - and he probably needs more than 1 - to help build coalitions for him.

(11-14-2016, 09:17 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Doesn't matter if it's your VP or Chief of Staff or both...Trump isn't really the leader of the Republican Party, so it makes sense to have more than 1 guy - and he probably needs more than 1 - to help build coalitions for him.

Especially with his apparent plans to be a part-time POTUS.

But no, I get what you're saying. He needs the insiders because he doesn't know what he has gotten himself into. Rumor is that he didn't know he would have to hire the entire White House staff until he was told at his visit. He needs a bubble of experience around him.

(11-14-2016, 11:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:
Especially with his apparent plans to be a part-time POTUS.

But no, I get what you're saying. He needs the insiders because he doesn't know what he has gotten himself into. Rumor is that he didn't know he would have to hire the entire White House staff until he was told at his visit. He needs a bubble of experience around him.

That's what we were talking about tonight.  He'll delegate everything and then take credit when something goes right and blame others when it goes wrong.  Just like he runs his "business".

Like I said, I don't think he'll change at all.

But if I'm wrong and things go well I'll happily admit I was wrong.  I don't want him to fail like many said about President Obama.
(11-15-2016, 12:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's what we were talking about tonight.  He'll delegate everything and then take credit when something goes right and blame others when it goes wrong.  Just like he runs his "business".

How would you know how he runs his business?  And delegating work is different from delegating decisions.

Many business owners, many empire builders, are workaholics.  Talking about taking his 5-yr old to the office I'd guess he's the typical "always working" type.  His campaign schedule seemed to be pretty tireless.  The guy doesn't drink, but he's up at 3AM on twitter - horrible use of his time but I'd say "plans to be a part-time POTUS" are bigly inaccurate.

It's not like Obama set a high bar for work ethic that didn't involve giving a speech or campaigning.

(11-15-2016, 04:09 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: How would you know how he runs his business?  And delegating work is different from delegating decisions.

Many business owners, many empire builders, are workaholics.  Talking about taking his 5-yr old to the office I'd guess he's the typical "always working" type.  His campaign schedule seemed to be pretty tireless.  The guy doesn't drink, but he's up at 3AM on twitter - horrible use of his time but I'd say "plans to be a part-time POTUS" are bigly inaccurate.

It's not like Obama set a high bar for work ethic that didn't involve giving a speech or campaigning.

Ok...you believe what you want.  I bet we'll see more what what we got on the campaign:  Taking credit for good things, blaming others for failures.

I'll believe what I've what I've seen and heard from the president elect.

Oh, and Obama was very hard working.  Often late into the evening.  Although I admit he was probably sleeping while the president elect was tweeting about "losers" and "fat pigs" and things being "unfair".  But a lot of people think all he did was golf and take vacation days.  Go figure.
(11-14-2016, 02:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It won't, really, until actions actually start being taken. As of right now all anybody can really use to make guesses at it is who he has around him. Right now, it's a mixed bag. This concerns people. Right now, with Bannon and Priebus, he's managed to make everybody a bit nervous.

I personally don't think that the dynamic of Bannon/Preibus has a long shelf life.  These factions in his administration will weed each other out in time, with the weaker ones becoming scapegoats to the ones he comes to favor most when the shit hits the fan.  Just my opinion, obviously.  I hope Bannon ends up out on his ass first.  

All the reports I've read point to Trump trusting his kids and son-in law more than anyone.  That's tough because he can't really but them in an official cabinet.  At the end of the day, I think Kushner is his de-facto chief of staff w/o a title.  He allegedly got Christie busted down a few pegs b/c Christie put his old man behind bars.  Kushner also, ironically has family ties to the Democratic Party in New Jersey.   

People can have all the titles they want, but I think if the kids or Kushner have an opinion, it will be weighted heavily.
(11-15-2016, 11:15 AM)samhain Wrote: I personally don't think that the dynamic of Bannon/Preibus has a long shelf life.  These factions in his administration will weed each other out in time, with the weaker ones becoming scapegoats to the ones he comes to favor most when the shit hits the fan.  Just my opinion, obviously.  I hope Bannon ends up out on his ass first.  

All the reports I've read point to Trump trusting his kids and son-in law more than anyone.  That's tough because he can't really but them in an official cabinet.  At the end of the day, I think Kushner is his de-facto chief of staff w/o a title.  He allegedly got Christie busted down a few pegs b/c Christie put his old man behind bars.  Kushner also, ironically has family ties to the Democratic Party in New Jersey.   

People can have all the titles they want, but I think if the kids or Kushner have an opinion, it will be weighted heavily.

The interesting part will be his attempt to get them clearances. There is not really a precedence from my understanding for what he's trying to do there. I'm curious how that will turn out.

(11-15-2016, 07:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ok...you believe what you want.  I bet we'll see more what what we got on the campaign:  Taking credit for good things, blaming others for failures.

Or he could just be like Obama and not acknowledge any failures.

Believe what I want, huh?  I'll believe what I see, not what some bullshit rag wants me to "believe" as fact.

If you sit back and look at what Trump was up against, its actually pretty amazing that he won the election.

Both parties, Main Stream Propaganda Outlets, The Bush/Clinton Machine, Election budget size, Fake polling, The UN, Wall Street, The Top .00000001%, Corporations, Google, The Globalists, etc., etc......

Hope he does as well as the President for the good of our country and that he lives up to his word. Only time will tell.

Having said all that I believe the choice of HRC was the DNC's downfall. I don't see how she could have been a worse candidate.

Not trying to be difficult but shes a train wreck. I believe that once she was chosen that it was close to being over right out of the gate.

Just my 2 cents.

God Bless America
Dueling "Chiefs" of Staff is an interesting idea (although I don't know how different their views are, or if Bannon really has any business being in the mix). It's an extra level of vetting and dealing before it gets to Trump for a decision.

The flipside is no one else has thought to try it, or at least seen a need. If you intend for your CoS to be an extention of your agenda, then one makes sense. If you're malleable and looking to get stuff done, then two might be more effective.

We will see. You can also argue it's a more centralized arrangement, and that he wants two people because Trump intends for his interests/agenda to be more represented and part of the process. In other words, his agenda can be in two places at the same time instead of one.

This lady...THIS lady has it all figured out.

[Image: 111516.jpg]

See?  If only some of the anti-Trump people had spoke up before the election this could have all been avoided!

You ALL chose Trump!  So now you have to ALL shut up about it!  Trump now represents EVERYONE because they all voted for him!!!11!!11!

If people didn't like him why didn't they vote again him?!?!?!

Hilarious
(11-15-2016, 05:17 PM)tigerseye Wrote: If you sit back and look at what Trump was up against, its actually pretty amazing that he won the election.

Both parties, Main Stream Propaganda Outlets, The Bush/Clinton Machine, Election budget size, Fake polling, The UN, Wall Street, The Top .00000001%, Corporations, Google, The Globalists, etc., etc......

There was no fake polling unless Trummp's own people were doing fake polling.

And Wall Street, Corporations, and the top .000001% all supported Trump.