Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current QBs That Are HOF Bound?
Obviously, Peyton Manning will get in, as will Tom Brady, but who else that currently plays is going to get in the HOF?

Eli will likely get in because of the two Super Bowls (and because he's a damn good QB), but if football ended today forever, who else would get in?

I suppose Ben could make a case because of the Super Bowls and some solid numbers, and Drees has put up some amazing numbers since going to the Saints, but is one Super Bowl enough?

Anybody else?
Reply/Quote
Ben has as many rings and more SB appearances as Eli. He has played 10 less games in the same number of seasons and only has 700 less yards and 8 less TDs. He has 54 less picks than Eli. His career QB rating is a 93 to Eli's 82.

Ben is far more likely than Eli.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also Brees is far more likely than Eli. Aaron Rodgers too.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 12:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Also Brees is far more likely than Eli. Aaron Rodgers too.

7 of the 8 QBs who're retired and won 2 super bowls are in canton. One day Plunkett, one day...

They'll have a hard time keeping Eli out. He'd be the most mediocre of them all, but he's still with that company.
Reply/Quote
Current QBs that are locks
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees
Qbs that are probably in
Eli Manning
QBs that have a strong chance
Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, and Joe Flaco
Young QBs heading in that direction
Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton( he has some impressive rushing stats)
So I have 12 guys on my list. Seems like a lot but this is the era of the QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 12:23 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 7 of the 8 QBs who're retired and won 2 super bowls are in canton. One day Plunkett, one day...

They'll have a hard time keeping Eli out. He'd be the most mediocre of them all, but he's still with that company.

It'll be made even harder (to keep him out) because of the fact that he played for the Giants. When you take into account the fact that Philip Rivers sat his first two seasons, he has more impressive numbers than Ben and Eli. He just hasn't had the team to take him to a SB like those two have.

Reply/Quote
We also have to remember that changes in recent years have led to a passer friendly league. It's almost like accounting for inflation when trying to determine what numbers are HOF worthy in 2015.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 11:54 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ben has as many rings and more SB appearances as Eli. He has played 10 less games in the same number of seasons and only has 700 less yards and 8 less TDs. He has 54 less picks than Eli. His career QB rating is a 93 to Eli's 82.

Ben is far more likely than Eli.

You forget one thing, Eli's last name is Manning. I would bet a bunch of stupid votes would give him points just for that.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 12:37 PM)J24 Wrote: Current QBs that are locks
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees
Qbs that are probably in
Eli Manning
QBs that have a strong chance
Tony Romo, Phillip Rivers, and Joe Flaco
Young QBs heading in that direction
Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton( he has some impressive rushing stats)
So I have 12 guys on my list. Seems like a lot but this is the era of the QB.

^This

I don't know that I would say Romo and Rivers have a 'strong' chance. But they do have 'a' chance. Flacco probably has a strong chance because he has a ring.

I'd say Romo, Rivers and the three young guys still have to prove themselves before they get in. Flacco still has a little proving to do before he can be sure he gets in.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton, you haters!

Sincerely,

Jungle Noise
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, and Eli Manning will probably make it.

Reply/Quote
Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger are sure to make it. IF everyone retired today, I think those are the only ones to get in. Maybe Drew Brees as well.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not every player can be a hall of famer. You guys have like a dozen current QBs listed. If all of those dudes get in, the HOF will be extremely watered down.

It's like the guys that think Chad Johnson is deserving. Sure, he had some great years and was even consistent for a while. But he was doing that when everyone was doing it. You just can't have all of the good players make it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Brady, Peyton, and Ben are all first ballot.

Eli will make it, and if he does, Brees should too.

Don't know about Flacco. If it was based on postseason only though....
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 06:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: ^This

I don't know that I would say Romo and Rivers have a 'strong' chance. But they do have 'a' chance. Flacco probably has a strong chance because he has a ring.

I'd say Romo, Rivers and the three young guys still have to prove themselves before they get in. Flacco still has a little proving to do before he can be sure he gets in.
Rivers and Romo are better than Flacco & Eli when you just look at every stat besides the Win loss stat. I think it would be a shame if Flacco and Eli made it and Rivers and Romo didn't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Big Ben. Those 5 are certainly going to the HoF. Not a doubt in my mind. Eli is iffy.

Too early to decide on others, but others we already know won't make it.

Also, players don't make it just because of Super Bowl rings. They certainly help, but do you really consider Eli Manning as "one of the greats"?
Reply/Quote
WTF?? I've seen Flacco's name on this thread at least twice. That dude would need binoculars to see the HOF. I don't give a damn about his one ring that was greatly enhanced by a dumb safety misplaying a ball and AB bailing him out time and again.

Romo and Rivers have little shot as well (but a hell of a lot better than Flacco. lol). They're both really good QBs that fall short of the HOF scale.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 09:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTF?? I've seen Flacco's name on this thread at least twice. That dude would need binoculars to see the HOF. I don't give a damn about his one ring that was greatly enhanced by a dumb safety misplaying a ball and AB bailing him out time and again.

Romo and Rivers have little shot as well (but a hell of a lot better than Flacco. lol). They're both really good QBs that fall short of the HOF scale.

I don't think Romo or Rivers even have a prayer of getting it, especially Romo.

I forgot Rogers in my OP, but I'm pretty sure he gets in.

I don't think Flacco has a prayer, either.
Reply/Quote
Based on what he has done so far Eli does not make it.

There are some young guys who may make it but it is too early to tell (Cam, Russell Wilson, Luck)

So the only ones I would call Hall-of-Famers are Peyton, Brady, Ben, Brees, and Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton will be there. Probably in the audience.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote