Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current QBs That Are HOF Bound?
(07-24-2015, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what he has done so far Eli does not make it.

There are some young guys who may make it but it is too early to tell (Cam, Russell Wilson, Luck)

So the only ones I would call Hall-of-Famers are Peyton, Brady, Ben, Brees, and Rodgers.

I agree that Eli shouldn't get in but he will because of winning two Superbowls and Two Super bowl MVPs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 09:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: WTF?? I've seen Flacco's name on this thread at least twice. That dude would need binoculars to see the HOF. I don't give a damn about his one ring that was greatly enhanced by a dumb safety misplaying a ball and AB bailing him out time and again.

Romo and Rivers have little shot as well (but a hell of a lot better than Flacco. lol). They're both really good QBs that fall short of the HOF scale.

This
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:04 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Andy Dalton will be there. Probably in the audience.

He'll still get booed.
Reply/Quote
Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben and Rodgers will all be 1st round locks by the time they retire.

I don't think any of 2 of them will retire in the same year, so there won't be any sort of log jam to get into the Hall. Hec, Rodgers will still be in league when Manning and probably Brady get inducted. If Manning retires after this year, Ben could still be playing at 38 when he gets inducted.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 08:46 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He'll still get booed.

It's not a softball game, so in theory no one should get their panties in a bunch if it happens.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 09:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben and Rodgers will all be 1st round locks by the time they retire.

I don't think any of 2 of them will retire in the same year, so there won't be any sort of log jam to get into the Hall. Hec, Rodgers will still be in league when Manning and probably Brady get inducted. If Manning retires after this year, Ben could still be playing at 38 when he gets inducted.

I agree with this.

Looking ahead, if Wilson still leads a winning team for even a few more years, I think he would be a candidate simply because he was in a Super Bowl with his team twice so early.  Hard to tell, maybe he will quit football for the priesthood, who knows...
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what he has done so far Eli does not make it.

There are some young guys who may make it but it is too early to tell (Cam, Russell Wilson, Luck)

So the only ones I would call Hall-of-Famers are Peyton, Brady, Ben, Brees, and Rodgers.

This. 

I don't know why some of you are waffling on Brees. He has shattered many long held passing records, plus won a SB. He's lock to make it, maybe even a first ballot lock. Peyton and Brady are first ballot locks, Ben is in the same boat as Brees. Rodgers will probably make it as well. I'd consider him a lock but I could see why others wouldn't.  

Cam has a long way to go, compared to Wilson and Luck, and even Luck isn't necessarily there yet. I would say he is, but it can be argued he isn't.  
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: I agree that Eli shouldn't get in but he will because of winning two Superbowls and Two Super bowl MVPs.

I don't think he makes it.  Despite winning a couple of rings he has never been considered an elite QB during his playing career.  I don't think that will change once he has retired.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2015, 01:40 AM)J24 Wrote: I agree that Eli shouldn't get in but he will because of winning two Superbowls and Two Super bowl MVPs.

He had the miracle escape-the-sack-and-just-heave-the-ball-deep in the first Super Bowl win, but it was the defense- specifically the pass rush- that slowed the best scoring offense in history.

He shouldn't get in but probably will.
Reply/Quote
Brady, Peyton, Ben, Rodgers and Brees.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I never really thought about Eli as a HOFer.  Maybe because I don't watch him every week?  But two Super Bowl wins...one over an team that was 17-0 at that point...might sway voters.  Along with that last name as was mentioned.

But did you say Cam?  Cam Newton?  Will the bust be placed on a bench and have a towel over its head?

Of all the ones listed he'd be the last one to have a chance in my opinion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: But did you say Cam?  Cam Newton?  Will the bust be placed on a bench and have a towel over its head?

Of all the ones listed he'd be the last one to have a chance in my opinion.

So far he has averaged 4249 yards and 29 tds per season in total offense.

I don't think he looks like a Hall-of-Famer yet, but he certainly has the potential.
Reply/Quote