Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Current Rumor Mill 3/25
(04-07-2020, 10:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just disagree with you on this one McC.

Think Dalton fits the Patriots way more than Cam and Dalton is way better than Hoyer or an unproven Stidham.

I agree with you. And I think Winston’s penchant for turnovers would eliminate him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just disagree with you on this one McC.

Think Dalton fits the Patriots way more than Cam and Dalton is way better than Hoyer or an unproven Stidham.

I just think it would be really hard to go from Brady to Dalton.  Cam has been the MVP.  He has played in the SB.

Before he got hurt, he had a 67% completion percentage.   He's perfect for the Pats.  Andy is destined to play out his career as a backup.  He won't be unemployed.  But it'll take somebody getting hurt for him to be a  starter anywhere, imo.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: I just think it would be really hard to go from Brady to Dalton.  Cam has been the MVP.  He has played in the SB.

Before he got hurt, he had a 67% completion percentage.   He's perfect for the Pats.  Andy is destined to play out his career as a backup.  He won't be unemployed.  But it'll take somebody getting hurt for him to be a  starter anywhere, imo.  

We will see, I just find it telling that Dalton still hasn't been cut, Cam has and no one has picked him up.

Also coming off injury is tough now that we cannot have workouts. 

The Pats know that Dalton isn't coming off of injury at least.

Maybe the Pats want to get some salary off the books in a player for player trade instead of trading a pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:57 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I agree with you.  And I think Winston’s penchant for turnovers would eliminate him too

Feel the same BenZoo.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: K
I just think it would be really hard to go from Brady to Dalton.  Cam has been the MVP.  He has played in the SB.

Going to cam is no picnic either.  Unknown health issues aside, cam has struck me as a me first guy, not a team first guy.  Opposite of Brady.  Belicheat doesn't strike me as the coach who wants superman celebrating a 2 yard run
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Going to cam is no picnic either.  Unknown health issues aside, cam has struck me as a me first guy, not a team first guy.  Opposite of Brady.  Belicheat doesn't strike me as the coach who wants superman celebrating a 2 yard run

People keep forgetting that problem children have played for Bill in the past.  THEY SIGNED ANTONIO BROWN!!!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: People keep forgetting that problem children have played for Bill in the past.  THEY SIGNED ANTONIO BROWN!!!

And how did that work out?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And how did that work out?

The point is stop saying Cam is too weird for Bill.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: The point is stop saying Cam is too weird for Bill.

Cmon on man. I never said cam was too weird for Bill or they never sign problem children. But if it’s going to be brought up Brady was a big part of the culture and a locker room presence that helped keep those guys in line. Easier to bring in problem children if your qb is the one driving the bus. If your problem child is driving the bus then prepare for some bumps. That culture has now eroded somewhat, imho.

Do you think the Patriots star is as bright now as it was before?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Cmon on man.  I never said cam was too weird for Bill or they never sign problem children.  But if it’s going to be brought up Brady was a big part of the culture and a locker room presence that helped keep those guys in line.  Easier to bring in problem children if your qb is the one driving the bus.  If your problem child is driving the bus then prepare for some bumps.  That culture has now eroded somewhat, imho.  

Do you think the Patriots star is as bright now as it was before?

I don't remember ever saying you did. And if I did, I mistakenly thought I was talking to Nate.

No, I don't think their star is shining like the glory days and that tickles me pink.

OTOH, they have been taken too lightly in the past and proven a lot of people wrong.  I do think that both Brady and Bill will see how, without each other, it just ain't the same. 

I don't personally think Ariens is the god some people think he is.  What self respecting QB Whisperer has a QB throwing 30 ints?   You couldn't channel your inner offensive genius and design something that doesn't allow your QB to be the turnover machine of the world, Coach?

And Bill will find out that when you take Brady out of the equation, the equation no longer adds up the way it did.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:57 PM)McC Wrote: I don't remember ever saying you did.  And if I did, I mistakenly thought I was talking to Nate.

No, I don't think their star is shining like the glory days and that tickles me pink.

OTOH, they have been taken too lightly in the past and proven a lot of people wrong.  I do think that both Brady and Bill will see how, without each other, it just ain't the same. 

I don't personally think Ariens is the god some people think he is.  What self respecting QB Whisperer has a QB throwing 30 ints?   You couldn't channel your inner offensive genius and design something that doesn't allow your QB to be the turnover machine of the world, Coach?

And Bill will find out that when you tale Brady out of the equation, the equation no longer adds up the way it did.

You didn't, at least directly.  I though you were talking to anyone not on the cam bus.  All good.

Can't wait to see the pats tumble down the division!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You didn't, at least directly.  I though you were talking to anyone not on the cam bus.  All good.

Can't wait to see the pats tumble down the division!
The Bill were close to them last year and only got better this off season while the Pats have gotten noticeably worse. 

But owning a team is kinda like muscle memory.  It can be changed but it takes awhile.  

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: The point is stop saying Cam is too weird for Bill.

I just think Bill has learned from his mistakes in the past and getting a bridge gap QB that can teach some good things to 
the young QB is better if the bridge gap isn't a selfish bridge gap QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just think Bill has learned from his mistakes in the past and getting a bridge gap QB that can teach some good things to 
the young QB is better if the bridge gap isn't a selfish bridge gap QB.

People can grow up, learn from their mistakes, see what's at stake and get with the program, right?

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:18 PM)McC Wrote: People can grow up, learn from their mistakes, see what's at stake and get with the program, right?

Well I thought Cam initially did that when he first came to Carolina then he went to the super bowl and became an utter headache again.

Honestly though. Bengals take Burrow, Chargers leapfrog Miami and draft Tua. The dolphins either take their third choice in Herbert or just start working on the rest of the team and sign a guy like Cam to play QB for them.

The Patriots just sign Colin Kaepernick to take over at QB Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: People keep forgetting that problem children have played for Bill in the past.  THEY SIGNED ANTONIO BROWN!!!

And Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco.

And got NOTHING out of any of them.

Bill is good but he is not a wizard.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco.

And got NOTHING out of any of them.

Bill is good but he is not a wizard.

I never called him a wizard.  I was just saying you don't have to be a choir boy to play for him.  Hell, he drafted Aaron Hernandez.

Reply/Quote

I think as a QB, he is....Very different than a rent-a-WR.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: I never called him a wizard.  I was just saying you don't have to be a choir boy to play for him.  Hell, he drafted Aaron Hernandez.

ThumbsUp

Rodney Harrison
Brandon Meriweather
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:18 PM)McC Wrote: People can grow up, learn from their mistakes, see what's at stake and get with the program, right?

Yes they can. I just think Dalton is more of a sure thing in this aspect than Cam Newton lol
Reply/Quote