Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Current Rumor Mill 3/25

He has hit on a lot of these throughout the process and was one of the guys who said Vonn bell was in talks with cowboys and bengals early on and that is confirmed as true. Seems they were also in talks with Redskins about Trent Williams trade, but the skins refused and that's when his agent released the letter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As weird as this sounds to say, I'm not sure I can handle any more good news.

Never mind...I'll risk it...bring it on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Wow, I thought we were done before Bell. Send dalton to the Jags and sign another solid player? Best offseason ever (as long as they don’t screw up the draft).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:42 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Wow, I thought we were done before Bell. Send dalton to the Jags and sign another solid player? Best offseason ever (as long as they don’t screw up the draft).

or they just may trade him for Ngakoue straight out.  

Reply/Quote
I hope Andy goes to the Jags and we sign Peters to a 1 yr deal. I would call this a pretty damn good FA season!
Reply/Quote
Guess their 'sources' didn't know where Ohio St is located:

LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That account doesn't even know where Ohio St is located:

They said Cameron Wake was retiring, then he wasn't retiring, and now he's talking to the Bengals. They keep all their bases covered, that's for sure. LOL

No one hits 1.000 but to be fair...

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Guess their 'sources' didn't know where Ohio St is located:

They said Cameron Wake was retiring, then he wasn't retiring, and now he's talking to the Bengals. They keep all their bases covered, that's for sure. LOL

I haven't heard him rumored to any other team.  This is a quality depth pickup that could give us a quality pass rush.  Some guys seem to be timeless on the field and while he's old he still effective at what he does. Also, remember we have a lot of coaches from the dolphins who knows the guy.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Guess their 'sources' didn't know where Ohio St is located:

LOL

Yeah, isn't Ohio State right next to SW Mississippi St A&M outside of Miami Fl.?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Who do the Jags have on the O-line we could trade Dalton for?
Reply/Quote
This is a crazy freaking stat.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a crazy freaking stat.

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one hits 1.000 but to be fair...

Sorry man, but with just a quick stroll through that account's tweets, it easy to see what it is. They claim to break news, yet you can always find someone else who's reported it first. They simply take info from other people and pretend they have the scoop, and never give credit to the original source. You can also see they throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope that something sticks. 
Reply/Quote
Jacksonville is a much better fit for a trade than Chicago, so if they have interest in Dalton that could be interesting.

The Jags have as many first round picks as the Bears have picks in rounds 1-4 combined. We're not going to get a first round pick for Dalton but a team is going to be more comfortable giving up say a 3rd round pick when they'll have already picked 3 times as opposed to the Bears when it would have left them with a solitary pick in the first two days of the draft. The Bengals might still need to eat some money to make this happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sorry man, but with just a quick stroll through that account's tweets, it easy to see what it is. They claim to break news, yet you can always find someone else who's reported it first. They simply take info from other people and pretend they have the scoop, and never give credit to the original source. You can also see they throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope that something sticks. 

who cares what the source is if the information provided is proving to have some validity.  These are called rumors for a reason it's not like people have to pay for information and viewing his twitter doesn't earn him money.   This is like getting mad at your neighbor because he gives you a piece of news without the source.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sorry man, with just a quick stroll through that account's tweets, it easy to see that it's not legit. They claim to break news, yet you can always find someone else who's reported it first. They simply take info from other people and pretend they have the scoop, and never give credit to the original source. You can also see they throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope that something sticks. 

I disagree, they have been pretty good. They mention a lot of talks but talks don't necessarily mean signings. Every team talks to far more players than they sign and we never hear about most those discussions, however they were way ahead on Bynes by almost a week saying it was Bynes and Ogletree left after Schobert. They threw out we were in DEEP on Schobert two days before it came out we fell out at the last minute on him. 

Not all of their info may be great, but they have been in before a lot of reports. Hell Mike Florio retweeted one of their tweets where they called out the Panthers as one of 4 teams that were in on Robbie Anderson...4 days before he signed. They then called specifically Anderson to the Panthers in a "heating up" tweet the day before, no one else was reporting that. 

The reality is that account is getting fed by people inside places, some of the info is good, some isn't, and some we will never know if it was true or not.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who do the Jags have on the O-line we could trade Dalton for?

At this point I'd just be happy if they gave us a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'd like more picks to have a better chance at drafting the right players without having to trade around and give up picks. If we get two 3rds we could potentially knab a good Linebacker and Guard in the 3rd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:20 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: At this point I'd just be happy if they gave us a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'd like more picks to have a better chance at drafting the right players without having to trade around and give up picks. If we get two 3rds we could potentially knab a good Linebacker and Guard in the 3rd.

i would take a 4th at this point.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who do the Jags have on the O-line we could trade Dalton for?
Well, there was a rumor last fall, just before the trade deadline, that they might want to deal either Brandon Linder or Andrew Norwell. Linder would cost us 9.5M and Norwell would cost 11.5M. So while I've been thinking along the same lines as you, as of this Bell signing I don't see how they can do it. All of Dalton's salary needs to come off the books. It'll either be picks or we release him, imo. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sorry man, but with just a quick stroll through that account's tweets, it easy to see what it is. They claim to break news, yet you can always find someone else who's reported it first. They simply take info from other people and pretend they have the scoop, and never give credit to the original source. You can also see they throw a bunch of stuff against the wall and hope that something sticks. 

Thank you. I'm pretty skeptical of this account too. Somebody else on here pointed out that they "reported" Carolina being interested in Robby Anderson before anybody else. Well, anybody could connect Anderson to his old college coach Matt Rhule and Carolina's need at WR. I can pull off that amount of speculation without having ANY sources. If it happens they say look, we told you so, and if it doesn't the tweet fades into obscurity and people remember what they "got right". It's like the way supposed psychics work - if you know how to b.s., you can make it look like you have "sources." 

However, whatever they're doing they're doing well, and I've noticed myself watching the account much more recently. In their defense, they have just about doubled their number of followers in just the last several days (odd for an account that has been around since 2011). 

But they say nothing about who they are. They have a link to a website that doesn't work. That could mean it's a player or front office staffer who doesn't want to be identified. But it could also be the twitter version of a palm reader. They have said recently we might trade for Trent Williams or cut Gio, and if you follow the Bengals both of those are really, really unlikely (the kind of careless speculation somebody who doesn't follow the Bengals might believe). 

The point is, the fact that they get a lot of things wrong *is actually important* because if they're just connecting dots from other sources and making educated guesses, then what appears as beating everybody else to the punch is just luck. 

Or, it's a player or an intern in league offices or a clever agent's ploy or whatever, and this whole post will be egg on my face. I'm open to that possibility. 
Reply/Quote