Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Current Rumor Mill 3/25
(03-30-2020, 08:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Hi.

There she is!!!  Hello Bonnie!  Hope all is well with you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 12:25 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: A nice analysis, in theory. Except by referring to who gets "first dibs" you seem to imply the waiver wire is in play here? Dalton is a veteran, if he's released he's an unrestricted free agent (waiver system for veterans only comes into effect after the trade deadline) and not subject to waivers. 
I apologize.  You are correct.  The only leverage other teams would have over New England would be to offer him more money, and I think Dalton would probably almost play for free to start in New England....and I am sure the Pats know that.  Advantage Bellichek.  
Now the only real leverage is for a team like LAC or Jax to trade for him BEFORE he gets released, because they will lose to the Pats every time. 
So, they could offer the Bengals something like a 6th rounder and the Bengals would either have that or nothing for releasing him.  I wonder if "doing right by Andy" would mean they wouldn't trade him to a team like Jax and rather let him go via being released?  One thing is for sure, there will be tons of rumors about what they were offered if they don't take anything for him.  
I wonder if there would be a sort of "package deal" with Dre and Dalton.  It seems the Pats could use both of them...for Thuney?  Hey, a guy can dream. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm with you on this one, Truck.  Peters may have been a pro bowl LT, but you don't stunt the development of what will hopefully become the next long time pro bowl LT.  Peters is actually a really good fit at RT.  

This is the main reason why I want Peters, he said he is willing to play RT.

Anyways as far as rumors go heard that the Patriots cut one of their QB's, I still think they are in play for Dalton regardless
of what they are saying. Something behind the scenes. Billy B and MB get along well. Think a trade is in the books come DD.

Thuney for Dalton, Wynn or one of their Linebackers. Player for player trade so they don't have to lose any picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the main reason why I want Peters, he said he is willing to play RT.

Anyways as far as rumors go heard that the Patriots cut one of their QB's, I still think they are in play for Dalton regardless
of what they are saying. Something behind the scenes. Billy B and MB get along well. Think a trade is in the books come DD.

Thuney for Dalton, Wynn or one of their Linebackers. Player for player trade so they don't have to lose any picks.

If it is Thuney, hold crap!  Not only do I really like the kid (he's from Centerville...his folks live like a mile from me) but he is the best RG in the league.  Player for player makes sense....but both players would have to have a new contract written for this to happen.  Not sure what the rules are for such a situation.  If Dalton were smart, he would take a very team-friendly deal because they would use the savings to build around him...perhaps an incentive-laden contract.  Thuney would cost a straight up $12 million per year, with something like a 5 year deal for $60 million.  I am sure the guaranteed money would be the sticking point.  

More likely it would be one of their LBs.  But, hey, we can dream...
Reply/Quote
Read today on Twitter that Isaiah Wilson is getting talk of creeping into the first round. Last week Jeremy chinn was getting similar talk. It is smokescreen season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2020, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the main reason why I want Peters, he said he is willing to play RT.

https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-release-qb-cody-kessler

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
The Patriots do not want Andy Dalton. They never have. They never will. If the whole world knows all about Andy, does anybody think Belichick doesn't?

The whole notion was never more than a Peter King fabrication.

Hell, the last time Belichick played the Bengals, Dalton threw three straight interceptions, for crying out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If it is Thuney, hold crap!  Not only do I really like the kid (he's from Centerville...his folks live like a mile from me) but he is the best RG in the league.  Player for player makes sense....but both players would have to have a new contract written for this to happen.  Not sure what the rules are for such a situation.  If Dalton were smart, he would take a very team-friendly deal because they would use the savings to build around him...perhaps an incentive-laden contract.  Thuney would cost a straight up $12 million per year, with something like a 5 year deal for $60 million.  I am sure the guaranteed money would be the sticking point.  

More likely it would be one of their LBs.  But, hey, we can dream...

Yeah, Thuney would be ideal no doubt brother, we will see how it plays out.

I think if we were going to just cut Dalton we would of done it by now, I think something is in the works.

(04-06-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: The Patriots do not want Andy Dalton.  They never have.  They never will.  If the whole world knows all about Andy, does anybody think Belichick doesn't?

Hell, the last time Belichick played the Bengals, Dalton threw three straight interceptions, for crying out loud.

Usually agree with you on about everything McC, but not here. Dalton is still better than any of the QB's the Patriots have.

We can trade him to them and he would be a stop gap for their newly Drafted QB. Dalton fits the Offense they like to run and
I don't believe any shade reporters or analysts throw around in New England. It is just shade.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Usually agree with you on about everything McC, but not here. Dalton is still better than any of the QB's the Patriots have.

We can trade him to them and he would be a stop gap for their newly Drafted QB. Dalton fits the Offense they like to run and
I don't believe any shade reporters or analysts throw around in New England. It is just shade.

The reality is that if we want Dalton off the books to sign other players, he's likely a cut, not a trade.  The Pats and others, if they do have interest are playing this very well.

I went through the Pats board and some do believe Dalton is the best option, though it is not close to being universal- they still mention Cam and WInston.

No one knows what will happen.  My guess is he plays all season for us until/unless someone gets hurt and a trade need arises.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 03:16 PM)McC Wrote: The Patriots do not want Andy Dalton.  They never have.  They never will.  If the whole world knows all about Andy, does anybody think Belichick doesn't?

Well, I guess we'll know when we see.... as for Belicheat, yeah he's had a front row seat. He also knows AD has the 2nd fastest release in the league. Lot's not to like about Dalton, but there is also a lot to like. For a team in transition from a Franchise QB, he is a good stop gap....
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I guess we'll know when we see.... as for Belicheat, yeah he's had a front row seat. He also knows AD has the 2nd fastest release in the league. Lot's not to like about Dalton, but there is also a lot to like. For a team in transition from a Franchise QB, he is a good stop gap....

Not for them.  Not even close.

Twenty years of a guy who knows how to work the pocket and buy time.  Andy throws it out of bounds when the pocket gets even a little bit tight.

Twenty years of a guy who shines in the spotlight, rises up in big games.  Andy has never even looked decent in a playoff game. 

The Patriots play as many prime time games as anybody in the league.  What is Andy's record in prime time?

The Patriots have owned the Steelers for years.  Andy has been the Steelers' ***** most of his career.

If a quick release is all Andy has to offer, he really has nothing.

Stop the madness and come to terms with reality.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 01:35 PM)McC Wrote: Not for them.  Not even close.

Twenty years of a guy who knows how to work the pocket and buy time.  Andy throws it out of bounds when the pocket gets even a little bit tight.

Twenty years of a guy who shines in the spotlight, rises up in big games.  Andy has never even looked decent in a playoff game. 

The Patriots play as many prime time games as anybody in the league.  What is Andy's record in prime time?

The Patriots have owned the Steelers for years.  Andy has been the Steelers' ***** most of his career.

If a quick release is all Andy has to offer, he really has nothing.

Stop the madness and come to terms with reality.

I'm not the one who said he was going there, I'm just saying we'll see when we see. I suspect Belicheat has a higher opinion of Dalton than you seem to.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not the one who said he was going there, I'm just saying we'll see when we see. I suspect Belicheat has a higher opinion of Dalton than you seem to.

How could he?  Three straight passes intercepted.  This is the last up close look he had at Andy Dalton.

Hey, let's replace the GOAT with the guy we abused.  Go get that guy who can't beat the Steelers or win a playoff game or even look good on Monday night.   That'll keep the dynasty going.

Pretty sure Belichick has at least earned the benefit of the doubt for not being an idiot by even the biggest hater.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: How could he?  Three straight passes intercepted.  This is the last up close look he had at Andy Dalton.

Hey, let's replace the GOAT with the guy we abused.  Go get that guy who can't beat the Steelers or win a playoff game or even look good on Monday night.   That'll keep the dynasty going.

Pretty sure Belichick has at least earned the benefit of the doubt for not being an idiot by even the biggest hater.

What’s the alternative? Replace the GOAT with a turnover prone immature Winston? An injured Newton? Hoyer?

None of those are ideal replacements. The only real ideal replacement for Brady would be Burrow and they can’t have him. Guess they’ll settle for one of the guys above. I’d take Dalton over any of the other options still left.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What’s the alternative? Replace the GOAT with a turnover prone immature Winston? An injured Newton? Hoyer?

None of those are ideal replacements. The only real ideal replacement for Brady would be Burrow and they can’t have him. Guess they’ll settle for one of the guys above. I’d take Dalton over any of the other options still left.

Newton is no longer injured.  He was checked out by an independent doctor.

I think, as of this moment, they're going with Stidham.

When the draft comes, look for Belichick to do some wheeling and dealing and end up with a QB.  He has a lot of picks and he loves to use them to move around.

And people say Newton's personality won't work in NE.  But people act differently as a Patriot than they do before they got there.  Cam is not an a-hole, he's just quirky.  And he has more physical skill than AD and he's taken his team to a SB.  I say he fits them better than AD ever would.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: Newton is no longer injured.  He was checked out by an independent doctor.

When the draft comes, look for Belichick to do some wheeling and dealing and end up with a QB.  He has a lot of picks and he loves to use them to move around.

And people say Newton's personality won't work in NE.  But people act differently as a Patriot than they do before they got there.  Cam is not an a-hole, he's just quirky.  And he has more physical skill than AD and he's taken his team to a SB.  I say he fits them better than AD ever would.

A lot of coaches are not going to work with Cam after his "business decision" in the SB.  Seriously, you fumble in the closing minutes of the SB and you back away instead of trying to fall on it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: A lot of coaches are not going to work with Cam after his "business decision" in the SB.  Seriously, you fumble in the closing minutes of the SB and you back away instead of trying to fall on it.  

Is Belichick one of them?

Reply/Quote
Posted today: 4/7/2020

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/04/nfl-rumors-andy-dalton-could-still-be-traded-by-cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor-says.html

Didn't really reveal much more than we already knew, but it does leave hope that there still is more activity to come.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 06:01 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Posted today: 4/7/2020

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/04/nfl-rumors-andy-dalton-could-still-be-traded-by-cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor-says.html

Didn't really reveal much more than we already knew, but it does leave hope that there still is more activity to come.

I would imagine they've never stopped wanting or even hoping to trade him.  But it's really out of their hands at the moment.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: Newton is no longer injured.  He was checked out by an independent doctor.

Just disagree with you on this one McC.

Think Dalton fits the Patriots way more than Cam and Dalton is way better than Hoyer or an unproven Stidham.
Reply/Quote