Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current betting odds for first WR off the board
I hope the attachment comes through.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont see us having a snowballs chance in hell getting Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman and really dont want Fuller in the 1st. I hope we did our homework on some of the mid to late level guys like Garrett, Braverman, heck even the German dude. I dont even see Shephard, Thomas or Boyd on the board when we pick 2. Bracing myself to see players I like gone or even worse to a div rival. Shit Balls its 5:00 somewhere....
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:17 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I dont see us having a snowballs chance in hell getting Treadwell/Doctson/Coleman and really dont want Fuller in the 1st. I hope we did our homework on some of the mid to late level guys like Garrett, Braverman, heck even the German dude. I dont even see Shephard, Thomas or Boyd on the board when we pick 2. Bracing myself to see players I like gone or even worse to a div rival. Shit Balls its 5:00 somewhere....

I hope we don't draft Boyd.    I heard him on the dameshek podcast and he was complaining about the Bengals questions to him at the combine.    They asked him a civil war question and was unable to answer.    His reaction was odd and he just doesn't sound like a Bengal.   Our guys sound a certain way.   
Reply/Quote
I was initially against the idea of picking Will Fuller in the first round. But with Coleman already gone he is the last legitimate deep threat WR in the draft. I don't think we can pass on him. The only player I could see us taking over Fuller would be if William Jackson III the CB from Houston is still on the board. Would be a tough decision to take Fuller over Jackson when we know the Steelers would draft Jackson with the next pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hope we don't draft Boyd.    I heard him on the dameshek podcast and he was complaining about the Bengals questions to him at the combine.    They asked him a civil war question and was unable to answer.    His reaction was odd and he just doesn't sound like a Bengal.   Our guys sound a certain way.   

Eh i disagree. I listened to that too, and it didn't sound like he was complaining at all, the guys on the podcast asked him about weird questions specifically and admittedly it is an odd question. He just answered the question and could have made it sound a lot worse, especially considering he was on a pittsburgh radio station.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hope we don't draft Boyd.  

Sorry about your luck.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 02:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I hope we don't draft Boyd.    I heard him on the dameshek podcast and he was complaining about the Bengals questions to him at the combine.    They asked him a civil war question and was unable to answer.    His reaction was odd and he just doesn't sound like a Bengal.   Our guys sound a certain way.   

For those interested in listening to what StLucieBengal is talking about:

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/b/e/2/be2465649d3d32f8/160412_DDFP_AUDIO.mp3?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d06ce8536d8cb5aa09d&c_id=11460204

Timestamp 48 minutes for the entire interview.
Timestamp 55 minutes for the actual football stuff (the first 7 minutes is Dameshek talking about Pittsburgh as a city.)
Timestamp 57 for "weird questions in the draft" topic.

I didn't get complaining from him at all. He even said he answered similar to how he answered some of Dameshek's questions. Jst kind of like "I wasn't prepared to answer that question so...I dunno."

You can tell from the interview that he's a somewhat reserved guy who doesn't want to make a fool of himself so he'd rather not say anything than say something wrong.

Dameshek asked him questions like "if they eventually made a Boyd Trophy, what would your pose be?" "Good question, I don't really know. I'd have to think about that one."

Dameshek asked him "if a movie were written about your life, who would play you?" And again he just said it was a good question but he'd have to think about it.

These aren't negative traits. Sure, it'd be fun if he were a little faster on his feet (*rimshot*) but ultimately this speaks nothing about his character or anything negative about him.

I'm still thrilled to have him on the team.
Reply/Quote