Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cushenberry(sp?) In the Third?
3rd, Cushenberry C/G, LSU

If the Bengals don't get the WR out of LSU, why not get Burrows Center?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:01 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 3rd, Cushenberry C/G, LSU

I’m not big on the LSU wr Jefferson. If we go WR it should be Mims or no one imo
Reply/Quote

If not Ruiz in round 2, Cush would be good consideration in round 3.  I also like Simpson there.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Belongs in the Draft Forum Neb.

Would love to get Cushenberry in the 3rd if he can play RG.

I like Jefferson but he has played Slot most of the time and that is Boyd's spot.

I am liking Claypool more and more the giant WR that runs a 4.42 out of Notre Dame.

(04-01-2020, 09:09 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m not big on the LSU wr Jefferson.  If we go WR it should be Mims or no one imo

I like Mims quite a bit too, just pushes off a bit. But he is good at it lol
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Belongs in the Draft Forum Neb.

I like Jefferson but he has played Slot most of the time and that is Boyd's spot.

I am liking Claypool more and more the giant WR that runs a 4.42 out of Notre Dame.
WhoDey2 This^^^^^^^^ Garfield Garfield Garfield  

If they want to give Burrow a familiar target, I'd prefer TE Moss in the 4-5 range...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Belongs in the Draft Forum Neb.

I like Mims quite a bit too, just pushes off a bit. But he is good at it lol

Didn't watch LSU all that much. Could he beat out Trey for starting Center, because I doubt that. If he could play guard it might make sense.  As for Jefferson, yeah he's a slot guy, so we have Boyd there, but the concensus is it takes a receiver 3 years to get there in the NFL, so he might be Boyd's future replacement
Reply/Quote
He probably won’t be there at 3. He’s going to go higher
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 This^^^^^^^^ Garfield Garfield Garfield  

If they want to give Burrow a familiar target, I'd prefer TE Moss in the 4-5 range...

Not a bad idea, plus his name would bring a little bit of extra, and I think good, attention the Bengals way.  Dad might cover us and be kind haha.
Reply/Quote
If we land Cushenberry in the 3rd, that'd be incredible.

He has starting potential at both guard and center and would probably start day 1 over XSF.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 09:13 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He probably won’t be there at 3. He’s going to go higher

I agree. But, if they could draft in the 3rd I would be happy. Can play C or G so he gives the team a little versatility in case of injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 01:04 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 This^^^^^^^^ Garfield Garfield Garfield  

A Draft of Claypool and Thadeus Moss would be fantastic for Burrow.

Let alone getting Cushenberry here at RG.

We have stocked up on Defense, time to stock up the Offense and help Burrow out.

(04-02-2020, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Didn't watch LSU all that much. Could he beat out Trey for starting Center, because I doubt that. If he could play guard it might make sense.  As for Jefferson, yeah he's a slot guy, so we have Boyd there, but the concensus is it takes a receiver 3 years to get there in the NFL, so he might be Boyd's future replacement

I don't see Cushenberry beating out Trey at Center and Trey is a much better Center than he is a Guard so yeah, think Cush
would be a good fit at either Guard position but RG is the position open at the moment. Guess I could see that with Jefferson,
just think we have a bigger more immediate need on the outside.

If Jefferson could play on the outside I would be all for it. Just think we ought to get a WR we know can play there.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 09:09 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m not big on the LSU wr Jefferson.  If we go WR it should be Mims or no one imo

What's the logic behind this?
I assume it's because Jefferson will primarily be relegated to slot, and that's where Boyd does his best work?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Cushenberry is an excellent talent and can play guard as well.  He's right there with Ruiz as the top interior offensive lineman in this draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I really don't care who the Bengals draft other than Burrow. I just think if Burrow has a teammate from LSU, be it a WR, TE or C/G it will be an advantage.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Didn't watch LSU all that much. Could he beat out Trey for starting Center, because I doubt that. If he could play guard it might make sense.  As for Jefferson, yeah he's a slot guy, so we have Boyd there, but the concensus is it takes a receiver 3 years to get there in the NFL, so he might be Boyd's future replacement
I think he might beat Trey out at Center. That way, Hopkins could slide over to Guard. Which is what he played in college at Texas...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:32 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I think he might beat Trey out at Center. That way, Hopkins could slide over to Guard. Which is what he played in college at Texas...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hopkins wasn’t very good at guard in the NFL though.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopkins wasn’t very good at guard in the NFL though.

WhoDey2 True enough. But wasn't he hurt his first couple of years?? Maybe being healthy would allow him to be the road grader he was in college... Hmm  

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
If he is there I'd absolutely do it.

Also, I'm of the mindset until we're sure we can get it done with less that we should keep 10 Olinemen on the roster of 53 (10 Oline, 6 WRs, 2 QBs, 7 TEs and backs).

Reply/Quote
Too early to tell.
Mocks are just to difficult to do after the first 10 or so picks, and heavily dependent on who else is there as well.
Reply/Quote