Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut Vets
I've seen a few stories of a couple of cut veterans. Do you think it's possible the Bengals make a play for any of them?

Terrence Knighton
Paul Kruger
Blidi Breh-Wilson
Rueben Randel
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't mind seeing Kruger help the LB corps. Not sure what his future on the team would be, but it'd be fun to see him go against his former teams the Ravens and Browns! Big Grin

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:41 PM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Wouldn't mind seeing Kruger help the LB corps. Not sure what his future on the team would be, but it'd be fun to see him go against his former teams the Ravens and Browns! Big Grin

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

You kind of wonder if he would be used properly here and provide an extra pass rush that we seem to be lacking outside of Dunlap and Atkins. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at Wilson for CB, we cannot have Chykie Brown as a primary reserve, he is bad.
Reply/Quote
If Kruger were to come here, it'd be as a pass rusher, not as a 4-3 LB.

As I went back to look up his scouting report entering the 2009 NFL draft, I realized he actually was a 4-3 DE at Utah (I wasn't really into researching the draft back then).
He was said to have the versatility to be both a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB in the NFL, in which the latter proved true.
At 6'4", 270 lbs, he has enough size to be a 4-3 DE.

I would love to see Kruger come here and replace Margus Hunt on the roster. He'd give a faster, more dangerous edge rush as a situational rusher.
The Bengals would still have Clarke and Hardison as early down base DEs.
Plus maybe Dansby can talk with him about signing here for cheap.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Pot Roast brought in and Sims cut, although I think that's less of a need than improving the edge rush.

I don't think we'll see a WR brought in since no big injuries to that position.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Kruger were to come here, it'd be as a pass rusher, not as a 4-3 LB.

As I went back to look up his scouting report entering the 2009 NFL draft, I realized he actually was a 4-3 DE at Utah (I wasn't really into researching the draft back then).
He was said to have the versatility to be both a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB in the NFL, in which the latter proved true.

I would love to see Kruger come here and replace Margus Hunt on the roster. He'd give a faster, more dangerous edge rush as a situational rusher.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Pot Roast brought in and Sims cut, although I think that's less of a need than improving the edge rush.

I was thinking the same thing about Kruger. Pot Roast would be a nice clog right up the middle which would allow both Dunlap and Atkins to see single coverage more often. I think both could really help take the defense over the top.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:33 PM)Crowe Wrote: I've seen a few stories of a couple of cut veterans. Do you think it's possible the Bengals make a play for any of them?

Terrence Knighton
Paul Kruger
Blidi Breh-Wilson
Rueben Randel

Would love to bring in anyone of them. Especially Kruger. Would be nice depth behind our starters and could replace Hunt.

If we bring anyone in it would probably be Breh Wilson which would be a nice addition for us to be able to let Chykie go.
Reply/Quote
Krueger would most certainly improve the team, but would the team be able to afford his price? Cleveland just released him from a 5 year/40M deal.

Terrance Knighton was released by the Pats, and he was only scheduled to count 2M against their cap. Knighton might be the best bang for the buck, out there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wilson was the CB that let Dalton catch the TD a few years ago.....that's a hard pass.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Wilson was the CB that let Dalton catch the TD a few years ago.....that's a hard pass.

That was him huh? Lol, could be right. Hilarious

Cool play for us though. Cool
Reply/Quote
Kruger is 30 and doesn't have a lot of wear on him. Id take a look at him.

Blidi Wreh Wilson is awful. Id keep Chykie over him any day.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Paul Kruger over Margus Hunt
Rueben Randle over Brandon Tate or James Wright

Too easy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:33 PM)Crowe Wrote: I've seen a few stories of a couple of cut veterans. Do you think it's possible the Bengals make a play for any of them?

Terrence Knighton
Paul Kruger
Blidi Breh-Wilson
Rueben Randel

Wreh-Wilson's career highlight is looking like a fool on Dalton's TD catch in 2014.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Adding Knighton and Kruger to our DL right now would be awsome.

Dunlap, Atkins, Peko, MJ
Clarke, Sims, Knighton, Hardison, Krueger

Do it.

Hardison was getting roughed up by some backups last night. And Hunt does the same thing every time with zero awareness and none of the nastiness necessary to be a good defender in the NFL.

Krueger has been somewhat successful in our division. And Knighton is a bigger version of Billings but pro ready.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 06:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Adding Knighton and Kruger to our DL right now would be awsome.

Dunlap, Atkins, Peko, MJ
Clarke, Sims, Knighton, Hardison, Krueger

Do it.

Hardison was getting roughed up by some backups last night. And Hunt does the same thing every time with zero awareness and none of the nastiness necessary to be a good defender in the NFL.

Krueger has been somewhat successful in our division. And Knighton is a bigger version of Billings but pro ready.

Hunt HAS TO GO.Dude has no clue.He is just plain goofy.Also cut the Brown dude.He is stinkin.I also do not like Chris-lewis-harris.He has been here way too long and has done NOTHING.I would put De-shaun Williams in Hunts place.He is by far better.

I am very concerned about our Defensive secondary.When Adams goes out for a rest or an injury,we are toast back there.We are going to miss Reggie Nelson big time.No one has improved much and I feel like we are going to get hammered in the back end because when Geno Atkins is out for a rest we have no one that can pass rush like him.I remember last season,Old Big Ben has ALL DAY back there.I just feel like our linebackers and Cbs are going to struggle without a pass rush all game.I was so hoping Andrew Billings was the difference maker we needed.
Losing two receivers,two d-backs in nelson and hall, E.Lamur to the vikes and having rooks on the O-line,I see us struggling early.I could easily see us at 9 and 7 with this schedule.

The jets are going to be very difficult.They have an excellent Defense and having La fell being new to us and two other rooks,we are going to have to reley on the run and our run blocking is awlful.Our O-line is okay at pass-blocking and average at run blocking and the jets are for real at stopping the run.Just sayin.I am concerned about our depth everywhere.Hope they keep the Erickison kid.Cut Brown and Hunt and go get another pass-rusher,NOW.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:01 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hunt HAS TO GO.Dude has no clue.He is just plain goofy.Also cut the Brown dude.He is stinkin.I also do not like Chris-lewis-harris.He has been here way too long and has done NOTHING.I would put De-shaun Williams in Hunts place.He is by far better.

I am very concerned about our Defensive secondary.When Adams goes out for a rest or an injury,we are toast back there.We are going to miss Reggie Nelson big time.No one has improved much and I feel like we are going to get hammered in the back end because when Geno Atkins is out for a rest we have no one that can pass rush like him.I remember last season,Old Big Ben has ALL DAY back there.I just feel like our linebackers and Cbs are going to struggle without a pass rush all game.I was so hoping Andrew Billings was the difference maker we needed.
Losing two receivers,two d-backs in nelson and hall, E.Lamur to the vikes and having rooks on the O-line,I see us struggling early.I could easily see us at 9 and 7 with this schedule.

The jets are going to be very difficult.They have an excellent Defense and having La fell being new to us and two other rooks,we are going to have to reley on the run and our run blocking is awlful.Our O-line is okay at pass-blocking and average at run blocking and the jets are for real at stopping the run.Just sayin.I am concerned about our depth everywhere.Hope they keep the Erickison kid.Cut Brown and Hunt and go get another pass-rusher,NOW.

Oh no, not DOOM and GLOOM?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Quintin Coples was just cut by the Jets. You'd figure he'd be at least as productive as Wallace Gilberry was.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh no, not DOOM and GLOOM?

Heck, might as well make a run at picking number one in next year's draft and grab Curtis Painter to stand in for Andy this year..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:01 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hunt HAS TO GO.Dude has no clue.He is just plain goofy.Also cut the Brown dude.He is stinkin.I also do not like Chris-lewis-harris.He has been here way too long and has done NOTHING.I would put De-shaun Williams in Hunts place.He is by far better.

Bengals may struggle early some. But only see this per injuries and new starters building chemistry still. 

But could see them doing ok too. Either way see them getting 10 wins or more for sure. 

First part of schedule is brutal but Bengals were 8-0 against a very hard schedule last season. 

Lost a few players to FA and injuries yet still have a enough talent to get the job done. 

Dalton and Geno will will us to 10+ wins and playoffs. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

So pass blocking rank of 8th or higher and run blocking of 9th or higher is average or horrible?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Kruger were to come here, it'd be as a pass rusher, not as a 4-3 LB.

You pretty much nailed it, but I will echo your thoughts.  Kruger is an excellent fit here and provides a quicker outside rusher than the clones we have of MJ (Clarke and Hunt...though neither are as good as MJ, just similar size and type).

I'm not  a big fan of pot roast except his name.   
Reply/Quote