Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut down to 75
Pick your 15 that will be looking for work Tuesday at 4:01 PM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pick your 15 that will be looking for work Tuesday at 4:01 PM
M. Hunt
C. Brown, and
Everyone who played the 4th quarter at Jacksonville Sick
Reply/Quote
Jack Gangwish
Tony McRae
Trip Thurman
Bronson Hill
Joe Licata
John Peters
Michael Bennett
Andrew Bonnet
Alex Redmond
Jimmy Wilson
Alonzo Russell
Antwane Grant
Dean David
John Weidenaar
Chykie Brown
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
It's hard to know, but these are my best hunches.

Jake Kumerow - Practice warrior, disappears in games
Michael Bennett - Didn't make impression
Rashaun Simonise – - Didn't make impression
Alex Cooper - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
Trip Thurman - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
John Weidenaar - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
Aaron Epps - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
John Peters - Can't carry 4 TEs, even with Eifert out.
ANdrew Bonnett - Not with Luc and Hewitt
Margus Hunt - I can wish, right?
Darien Harris - high motor, he gave it all but he's not in the LB mix with us
Jack Gangwish - Better than Hunt, but . . .
Chykie Brown - Please
Jimmy Wilson - I think we keep our draft pick (Fedj)
Corey Tindal - I'm pulling for Tony McCrae
[/list]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
IRed
WJ3
Billings
Peerman
Alford
Cut
Bennett
Bonnet
Epps
Gangwish
Grant
Darian Harris
Hillary
Kumerow
Lengel
Thurman
Wilson
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:42 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: IRed
WJ3
Billings
Peerman
Alford

This.

We're going to see quite a few players go onto IR at the first cuts so that we have enough scrubs left to field a team against Indy that doesn't risk starters or key backups.

Usually the first cuts are for getting rid of your 5th stringers at deep positions like WR, DB, LB and OL, but with the injuries we've had at corner and tackle it will be much harder to predict the cuts this year.

I don't see any of the OT getting cut, nor any of the CBs, TEs or RBs.  That leaves us cutting a lot from WR (4/5 out of 13 on the roster) and potentially losing some DL and LB.

If I had to guess, my picks would be:

3 to IR (Billings, WJ3, Peerman)

4. Michael Bennett (WR)
5. Antwane Grant (WR)
6. Alonzo Russell (WR)
7. Darien Harris (LB)
8. Jayson Dimanche (LB)
9. Andrew Bonnett (FB)
10. David Dean (DT)
11. Jack Gangwish (DE)
12. Zach Hocker (K)
13. Alex Cooper (G/C)
14. Trip Thurman (G/C)
15. Rashaun Simonise (WR)
Reply/Quote
Can't really argue too much with the lists provided; however, we must keep in mind that more than 15 might be cut. if we see someone we like from the scrap heap.

Here's a link that tracks the cuts ect:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/transactions

Some interesting names there:
RB: Storm Johnson/
WR: Rueben Randle/ Stephen Hill
CB: Blidi Wreh-Wilson/ Brandon Harris

Reply/Quote
I think an interesting name to look at as a possible signing to help with the defense is Pot Roast. He would not be a bad pickup but not sure how much he has left since he is really only a 2 down defensive tackle. However, the other person I would not mind looking at is Paul Kruger if he could play defensive end because I guarantee he could not be any worse than Margus Hunt and we need bodies at the end position.
Reply/Quote
No way Hunt gets cut at 75, though I have to admit now that he may not make the 53. I think that's the first time I have seen Marvin go to the bench and chew on a player. I'd love to know what he was saying to Hunt....
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No way Hunt gets cut at 75, though I have to admit now that he may not make the 53. I think that's the first time I have seen Marvin go to the bench and chew on a player. I'd love to know what he was saying to Hunt....

"Do you even want to BE in the NFL? You're not playing like it! There's plenty of guys on this roster who do, if you don't. You either get your head out of your ass or pack your bags."
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No way Hunt gets cut at 75, though I have to admit now that he may not make the 53. I think that's the first time I have seen Marvin go to the bench and chew on a player. I'd love to know what he was saying to Hunt....

In no way has Hunt put forth the effort to make the team. Sad part is he probably will. I've lost count of the plays he flat out quit on, 6 or 8 I'm sure and that's just that I know of.

(08-29-2016, 11:51 AM)Shady Wrote: "Do you even want to BE in the NFL? You're not playing like it! There's plenty of guys on this roster who do, if you don't. You either get your head out of your ass or pack your bags."

Hunt's football instincts are just not there at all. Perhaps he really doesn't want to be ?
Reply/Quote
The way those back ups played last night...well...they couldn't have picked a worst time for it.
Reply/Quote
If Hunt makes it beyond this first round of cuts, he needs to start on Thursday and play at least three quarters. Time to put up or shut up, as he's not shown to be worthy enough to make the 53.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:09 AM)Shady Wrote: It's hard to know, but these are my best hunches.

Jake Kumerow - Practice warrior, disappears in games
Michael Bennett - Didn't make impression
Rashaun Simonise – - Didn't make impression
Alex Cooper - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
Trip Thurman - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
John Weidenaar - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
Aaron Epps - none of the UDFA OL played worth a damn
John Peters - Can't carry 4 TEs, even with Eifert out.
ANdrew Bonnett - Not with Luc and Hewitt
Margus Hunt - I can wish, right?
Darien Harris - high motor, he gave it all but he's not in the LB mix with us
Jack Gangwish - Better than Hunt, but . . .
Chykie Brown - Please
Jimmy Wilson - I think we keep our draft pick (Fedj)
Corey Tindal - I'm pulling for Tony McCrae
[/list]

Remember guys we still need expendable people for Game 4 lol
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 11:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In no way has Hunt put forth the effort to make the team. Sad part is he probably will. I've lost count of the plays he flat out quit on, 6 or 8 I'm sure and that's just that I know of.

Hunt's football instincts are just not there at all. Perhaps he really doesn't want to be ?

I don't see a lot of effort on his part either.  By year four, the guy should be "getting it" by now, but not even putting forth effort should be enough to get a rookie cut.  If nothing else, you would think he would want to make the team so he can collect his $900k for the year before going back to Estonia.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Remember guys we still need expendable people for Game 4 lol

True dat!

It's just hard to know who's the most expendable.  Confused Confused Confused
Reply/Quote
#Bengals have waived Bennett, Dimanche, Gangwish, Grant, Harris, Hocker, Licata, Luc, Peters, Raven and Tindal.

According to CincyJungle from Twitter.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 04:38 PM)milksheikh Wrote: #Bengals have waived Bennett, Dimanche, Gangwish, Grant, Harris, Hocker, Licata, Luc, Peters, Raven and Tindal.

According to CincyJungle from Twitter.

Raven comes as a surprise.

Reply/Quote
Hobson says a for a player to be eligible for the IR return he has to make the 53 man roster at first. And then be put on IR.

I hope we dont play games and keep peerman on the 53 and wait til he heals or considering using the one IR recall we get on him.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 08:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hobson says a for a player to be eligible for the IR return he has to make the 53 man roster at first. And then be put on IR.

I hope we dont play games and keep peerman on the 53 and wait til he heals or considering using the one IR recall we get on him.

Well we always have inactives anyways. if that's the route they go
Reply/Quote