Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutler a Dolphin, AJ McCarron not going anywhere
(08-07-2017, 09:36 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: AJ McCarron if not traded this year will be a the Bengals starting QB at some point.

and why do you even think that... Dalton is under contract and proven.. not going to happen.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't get all the Cutler hate. Is he a top guy? Na, but he's definitely competent. Better than Kaepernick, McCarron or any other option available to the Dolphins. You could argue he's an upgrade from Tannehill. When Cutler was last teamed with Gase, he completed 64.4% of his passes with a 92.3 rating. So what if the guy has only 1 playoff win. Tannehill has played 5 seasons and hasn't even made the playoffs.

This reminds me of when everyone knocked the Vikings for trading for Bradford last year. That move kept the Vikings relevant until injuries did them in. Plus the Dolphins gave up nothing to get it done. As for McCarron, if he were such a hot commodity, he'd be gone by now. 2 years and still no real trade rumors involving him. Jim O shot down the rumor about the Browns (which only Lapham mentioned).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
IMHO,

AJ McCarron's trade value is waaaayyyyyyyy over rated by a bunch of folks on here.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: IMHO,

AJ McCarron's trade value is waaaayyyyyyyy over rated by a bunch of folks on here.

Ya think?  Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 03:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There is a good chance that another quarterback will go down this year and there is a chance that AJ McCarron may be traded.

I doubt that Mike Brown trades McCarron under any circumstance. There's no way we roll with Jeff Driskel as our backup QB. None.

IF the Bengals were looking at trading McCarron, they would have signed Kaepernick or a similar QB.

The market for McCarron just isn't that good. I saw an article about the Dolphins QB options...and McCarron was the last option listed. There are just better guys out there.
Reply/Quote
We all know what Mike asks for quarterbacks and it's not cheap.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 03:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: We all know what Mike asks for quarterbacks and it's not cheap.

The only time in life that Mike isn't cheap.... figures.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 10:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there are a few guys left out there that will get called before a 4yr-career backup with 5 starts and a 2-3 record

Who? The Pats aren't getting rid of Garopolo, everytime a QB goes down, the same names come up. We're down to kaepernick now, and no one is taking that scum....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who? The Pats aren't getting rid of Garopolo, everytime a QB goes down, the same names come up. We're down to kaepernick now, and no one is taking that scum....

Other qbs I heard the dolphins consider were Kyle Orton and Tim tebow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Other qbs I heard the dolphins consider were Kyle Orton and Tim tebow

I heard that, but there's buzz about Tebow moving on up to Triple A or even the majors, so I doubt he would even come back to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 04:42 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Other qbs I heard the dolphins consider were Kyle Orton and Tim tebow

I think the Tebow buzz was literally just a case of $$$$$. Miami knew that like most every other NFL team, when the starter goes down, so does the season and Miami was probably looking at the options of a bad season with Moore and Cutler or....bad season in Florida with Tebow under center. One of those options generates more hype, jersey sales and $$$$$. 

In the end, I guess someone hit the bottle a little hard....well someone other than Cutler....and decided that the fins really think they can win with Cutler. And to that I say, Good luck.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 04:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: At this point with what we have, not sure I want to get rid of him. If this is our year, don't we need the security? I mean hey, if we thought we don't have a chance to go all they way, then yes, a trade would be awesome. However, are we there yet? I think with the questions about our OL lingering, we have no choice but to ride it out. Wouldn't you think? What if Dalton gets killed and is out for the year? Many would be livid we let him go when our expectations may be that we put one hellova team on the field.

Agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good to see you again, ST. Lucie!

I think AJM is sitting here this year as insurance, then he will hit the open market.  If they didn't trade him for a reported first rounder to Minnesota, then they aren't trading him now.  

Yeah it will be interesting.

Great to be back.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't get all the Cutler hate. Is he a top guy? Na, but he's definitely competent. Better than Kaepernick, McCarron or any other option available to the Dolphins. You could argue he's an upgrade from Tannehill. When Cutler was last teamed with Gase, he completed 64.4% of his passes with a 92.3 rating. So what if the guy has only 1 playoff win. Tannehill has played 5 seasons and hasn't even made the playoffs.

This reminds me of when everyone knocked the Vikings for trading for Bradford last year. That move kept the Vikings relevant until injuries did them in. Plus the Dolphins gave up nothing to get it done. As for McCarron, if he were such a hot commodity, he'd be gone by now. 2 years and still no real trade rumors involving him. Jim O shot down the rumor about the Browns (which only Lapham mentioned).

It's his face. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 02:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: IMHO,

Game.Set.Match.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 01:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't get all the Cutler hate. Is he a top guy? Na, but he's definitely competent. Better than Kaepernick, McCarron or any other option available to the Dolphins. You could argue he's an upgrade from Tannehill. When Cutler was last teamed with Gase, he completed 64.4% of his passes with a 92.3 rating. So what if the guy has only 1 playoff win. Tannehill has played 5 seasons and hasn't even made the playoffs.

He's got a strong arm.

My issue with him is he throws a lot of Int's.

That said...teams could do much worse. I think Bradford is a decent comparison.

Teams he's on just don't seem to win much.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 12:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and why do you even think that... Dalton is under contract and proven.. not going to happen.. 

Wait and see. Wait and see.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 07:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's his face. 

[Image: jay-cutler-cat.jpg]

But who could ever hate this face?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 01:19 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: [Image: jay-cutler-cat.jpg]

But who could ever hate this face?
ok is this real ? 
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 03:02 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: ok is this real ? 

[Image: jay-cutler-finger.jpg]

Cutler just likes his pets. What can you say?
Reply/Quote