Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason injuries....Quiet.....Too quiet
You guys are going to hate me fro mbringing this up, but I can't remember a preseason with fewer injury issues.

Usually there is a daily discussion of who is working on the "rehab field" or whatever they call it.

Seems like Eifert is the only big question and no one here is really planning on him playing a full season at 100% anyway. So it is no big deal.
Reply/Quote
Get out.
Reply/Quote
It's okay, he didn't jinx us. None of the starters should see the field against Indy anyway.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:41 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's okay, he didn't jinx us.  None of the starters should see the field against Indy anyway.

That's the scariest part... Ninja Smack
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys are going to hate me fro mbringing this up, but I can't remember a preseason with fewer injury issues.

Usually there is a daily discussion of who is working on the "rehab field" or whatever they call it.

Seems like Eifert is the only big question and no one here is really planning on him playing a full season at 100% anyway.  So it is no big deal.

If injuries are low this preseason, that is a good thing. Eifert was in there against Bills.  Bengals didn't resign him to big contract with idea they would not be counting on him.  Bengals are counting on Eifert in 2018.  It would have been silly however to use him a lot in meaningless preseason games 1 and 2. Don't look for him in 4 either. Do look for him in season opener.  If Eifert can play in 2018, it is indeed a big deal. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Glenn leaving the game yesterday was scary enough.

We were due for some better luck after several years of our 1st rd picks being injured.

Reply/Quote
They seem to be down across the league. Dont have any numbers to back that up but after years of following fantasy football it seems like changing the name of spearing and actually enforcing the rule might make the game safer.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They seem to be down across the league. Dont have any numbers to back that up but after years of following fantasy football it seems like changing the name of spearing and actually enforcing the rule might make the game safer.

Jags lost a receiver, Ravens lost their #1 corner.... not sure who else is down starters.. I think Green Bay lost someone.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: They seem to be down across the league. Dont have any numbers to back that up but after years of following fantasy football it seems like changing the name of spearing and actually enforcing the rule might make the game safer.

I believe that there was a mass amount of preseason injuries the year that they tightened up the Performance Enhancing Drug rules. Seemed like a lot of guys tore ACL/MCLs during that year. My assumption was that the body doesn't handle going OFF PEDs quicklly and many guys muscles couldn't adjust to the non-PED lifestyle. I have no facts to back this up, just what I observed.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:41 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's okay, he didn't jinx us.  None of the starters should see the field against Indy anyway.

I'm hoping the starting OL plays.  They need the reps together.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Please leave it alone.
Reply/Quote
Turn in your fan card Fred.. Nobody is allowed to mention the I word at this point in preseason .  You get it back if they make it through the first few games un-I-ed..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm hoping the starting OL plays.  They need the reps together.

True.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Jags lost a receiver, Ravens lost their #1 corner.... not sure who else is down starters.. I think Green Bay lost someone.

The kickoff changes have done a lot for injury reduction.

Eliminating the wedge was huge, as was eliminating the running start (something I felt was overdue).
Reply/Quote

Agreed.  It's also made the tackling better and more fundamentally sound by default.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.  It's also made the tackling better and more fundamentally sound by default.

But, but, but isn't it ruining football as we know it and pussifying the game to the point of being unwatchable?  Yeah, I don't buy that story either .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm hoping the starting OL plays.  They need the reps together.

I think the second team o-line is suppose to start vs the Colts last preseason game
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 11:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: But, but, but isn't it ruining football as we know it and pussifying the game to the point of being unwatchable?  Yeah, I don't buy that story either .

I don't buy it either gramps.  They had gone from tackling, to launching like a missile in hopes of making the highlight reel.  It should clean up missed tackles and senseless injuries.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Damn it Fred.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys are going to hate me fro mbringing this up, but I can't remember a preseason with fewer injury issues.

Seems like Eifert is the only big question and no one here is really planning on him playing a full season at 100% anyway.  So it is no big deal.

Actually very kind of you to be willing to take the blame when an injury does occur.

In all seriousness, I am thrilled that we have avoided any big injuries and I think our week 1 roster is as strong as we have ever had, even sans Burfict.  
Reply/Quote