Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cuts Tracker
(08-30-2022, 02:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: My god. I remember him being so, so adamant that Kyler Murray wasn't going to #1 OA. He said something like he may even slip to round two. That fuggin' guy. 

Remember the argument of Will Hernandez over Quenton Nelson as the best OG?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:36 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Does "Many" mean JPoore?  

Pffft!  I'm still waiting for his in depth analysis of the top OL prospects that he promised me, for the 2020 draft..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:36 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Does "Many" mean JPoore? I remember talks he'd be mid rd 2. 

A lot of sites had him in the 10-15 range early, like around playoff time 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: My god. I remember him being so, so adamant that Kyler Murray wasn't going to #1 OA. He said something like he may even slip to round two. That fuggin' guy. 

He welched on a bet with Au165 about that iirc.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pffft!  I'm still waiting for his in depth analysis of the top OL prospects that he promised me, for the 2020 draft..  

Lol. He’s probably lurking around here under an alias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
JPoore wasn't so bad. He had some wild takes like Jordan Love over Joe Burrow... but at least he tried he just wasnt very good lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 02:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember the argument of Will Hernandez over Quenton Nelson as the best OG?

YES. You remember him talking about Wyatt Davis as an absolute can't miss prospect?

The man just got cut. He had a huuuuuuuuuuge tOSU bias. 
Reply/Quote
I see a few Olinemen I like so far:

Max Sharping
Blake Hance
Brock Hoffman
Jason Poe

I really wish we would pick up Davis Webb to be the backup QB but I know that aint happening. Tyler Johnson was another suprising cut thats available now. Havent really seen any corners cut as of yet that i really like.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:25 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I see a few Olinemen I like so far:

Max Sharping
Blake Hance
Brock Hoffman
Jason Poe

I really wish we would pick up Davis Webb to be the backup QB but I know that aint happening.  Tyler Johnson was another suprising cut thats available now.  Havent really seen any corners cut as of yet that i really like.

A practice squad center could be high on their list with Ben Brown on IR and Lamont Gilliard injured and not very good... Nick Ford and Dohnovan West are some options.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: YES. You remember him talking about Wyatt Davis as an absolute can't miss prospect?

The man just got cut. He had a huuuuuuuuuuge tOSU bias. 

I remember the preference for Haskins (RIP) over Murray that one year.

A lot of great WRs and DEs coming from Ohio St, but there haven't really been many (any?) good OL or QBs from there in a while.
I think the last good NFL OL from Ohio St was Linsley or maybe Taylor Decker, right?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Looks like Caleb Jones also got cut by packers. 6'9" 360 lb OT that was getting really good reviews out of packers camp. Had an impressive preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 04:25 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I see a few Olinemen I like so far:

Max Sharping
Blake Hance
Brock Hoffman
Jason Poe

I really wish we would pick up Davis Webb to be the backup QB but I know that aint happening.  Tyler Johnson was another suprising cut thats available now.  Havent really seen any corners cut as of yet that i really like.

(08-30-2022, 04:28 PM)Synric Wrote:  A practice squad center could be high on their list with Ben Brown on IR and Lamont Gilliard injured and not very good... Nick Ford and Dohnovan West are some options.

(08-30-2022, 05:30 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Looks like Caleb Jones also got cut by packers.  6'9" 360 lb OT that was getting really good reviews out of packers camp.  Had an impressive preseason.

Nice, I like a lot of these guys. Thanks. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was about to post on this.
Curious to know what happened.
Many considered him a 1st round talent.

The new Vikings GM cut all 3 (of 4) 3rd and a 4th round picks from 2021. Kellen Mond, Chazz Surratt, Wyatt Davis, and Janarius Robinson. Also their last 5th and 6th rounders Zach Davison and Jaylen Twyman.

They cut ties with more than half of the 2021 draft class.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 12:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Vikings cut former Ohio State Guard Wyatt Davis. I was really big on Davis in the draft wonder what happened? Those knees never healed out maybe..

I had to look it up because I remember some thought he might be good for the Bengals. This is what I found:

"Davis was thought of as a potential first-round pick after 2019, but he injured his knee twice at Ohio State, causing him to fall all the way to pick number 85."

"Once he got to Minnesota, he showed up out of shape and got hurt pretty quickly. Once he did get on the field, Davis was clearly a third-string guy on this roster having been supplanted by Kyle Hinton."

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/30/minnesota-vikings-waive-former-third-round-pick-wyatt-davis/
Reply/Quote
I think we, the fanbase, need to brace ourselves for a possible no-sign on the offensive line in regards to a starter for LG. If its anyone, its going to be Spain in my opinion because they know they can get him cheap and he knows the playbook and his mate to his left, Williams. Flowers is probably too expensive. And I don’t see Williams signing with us to play guard with a few tackle-needy teams like Dallas out there looking. Offensive line is at a premium these days, when teams find average and above players, they keep them. I really don’t expect anyone “of note” to be cut. These are all going to be either young guys with minimal experience and pretty noticeable warts or older players past their prime, an injury waiting to happen. I think, if we’re rolling into the season with someone other than who is already rostered, its going to have to come via trade.

I hope I’m wrong, and a quality guy falls through the cracks to us, but I’m bracing myself to the fact either Volson or Charmin are our LG for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think we, the fanbase, need to brace ourselves for a possible no-sign on the offensive line in regards to a starter for LG. If its anyone, its going to be Spain in my opinion because they know they can get him cheap and he knows the playbook and his mate to his left, Williams. Flowers is probably too expensive. And I don’t see Williams signing with us to play guard with a few tackle-needy teams like Dallas out there looking. Offensive line is at a premium these days, when teams find average and above players, they keep them. I really don’t expect anyone “of note” to be cut. These are all going to be either young guys with minimal experience and pretty noticeable warts or older players past their prime, an injury waiting to happen. I think, if we’re rolling into the season with someone other than who is already rostered, its going to have to come via trade.

I hope I’m wrong, and a quality guy falls through the cracks to us, but I’m bracing myself to the fact either Volson or Charmin are our LG for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, the Bengals are 31st in line for a waiver claim. Hard to imagine if there is a good LG that he will fall that far.
Reply/Quote
I like that we put a claim on Scharping. Hope we get him. Might be a long shot though being 31 on the wire.
Reply/Quote
Another 2021 Vikings draftee waived that 7 of 11 now. WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 04:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Another 2021 Vikings draftee waived that 7 of 11 now. WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

Is it bad there were quite a few of their 2021 draft picks I liked? lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pleasantly surprised we got Scharping. Nice insurance policy right there. Does he have any experience at other positions?
Reply/Quote